The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

eh, thanks for reminding me again how awesome it was. I played the fuck out of that game, probably too much. I love all the music, still think about the gwent tracks at times.

Yea, for sure!

I think it just resonates with me because of how incredibly epic the Crones/Baron questline was. I've never had such amazing quests than I've had in TW3, not even close.

Same. The amount of writing and attention to detail is staggering, One of the greatest stories ever told IMO. Those quest lines were/are pretty intense also.

In fairness, the expansions they did make were practically as big as the base game. They already gave us far bigger and better DLC than 99% of developers - a super rare case of expansions done right.

I'd say their efforts are best focused on finishing Cyberpunk some time this decade.

CDPR maintains the age old standard of what should constitute an expansion, a sad indictment on the state of the industry which is more than happy to carve out content from the base game or sell ridiculously vapid and short lived DLC. I am more than happy to pay the full asking price of additional content like what CDPR offered, everything else can wait until its offered as part of a GOTYE on sale for $10 or less.

When Witcher 3 first came out, i read that the games audio was so great you could play the game with out the Music and it will still suck you in. So I thought i would try that for a bit and then over 120 hours later I finished the game. Started my 2nd play through right away with the music on. Just a small story i wanted to share :p This is still one of the greatest games ever made... well at least I think that lol

When Witcher 3 first came out, i read that the games audio was so great you could play the game with out the Music and it will still suck you in. So I thought i would try that for a bit and then over 120 hours later I finished the game. Started my 2nd play through right away with the music on. Just a small story i wanted to share :p This is still one of the greatest games ever made... well at least I think that lol

Oh man, I can't imagine playing the whole game without the music, the music really ties the whole thing together!

I know right? It's so dark and foreboding, I loved how perfectly the music matched the setting and story line.

I think it was also perfectly combined with that story line coming to its end and you witness Geralt see how you, the player's, actions affected the fate of characters and the world around you. It was tragic as hell, and none of the decisions were easy - the music really iced the cake for that scene.

Cliffs:

SEPT 2016
Started on easy (Tell Me a Story)
Marveled at the scenery (total tourist), rode horse all over just to explore!!!!!

Did a few of the missions - but total playtime was already about 30 hours.
Did several missions until one one sent me into a dark, ugly dungeon & I could not get out.

Parked this game & went back to finish some other games...

NOVEMBER 2016
Got the urge to explore & experience some wilderness.
Found a play through video to get out of that damn dungeon.

Decided to avoid those situations going forward...
Loaded Nexus Mod Manager & GODMODE & played another 20 hours.

Life interrupted...

JUNE 2017
30 more hours touring the world.
Completed several of the main missions.

MIND BLOWN

Last edited:
I'm playiing this game on my vacation which is right now but I find leveling really slow. I'm level 8 so I'm doing quests I really don't want to do. Just so I can do the DLC and different areas. I found Normal difficulty too hard so I switched to Story I think this game is really unbalanced that way I remember this spot I died like 10 times in a row so I switched it back to Story mode.

Yeah, I started this game a long time ago, played for like 18 hours and then...I guess started playing something else? I need to go back to this.

I just reached level 10 and that took me a good 19 hours. Just found a set of hidden Armor in the Dreamer's house I took it because it was way better than the stuff I crafted.

About halfway through Blood and Wine. Between the DLCs, I've probably sunk 60-80 hrs into this game (just hit level 74 on my second play-through), and it keeps on going. Squarely on my "greatest games ever made" list.

One gripe I have is with weapon and armor crafting. The process is reasonably done, and I like that you need to hunt down the special items in quests. That said, does anyone find the special (and even some of the non-special) armor you just happen upon along the way far exceeds the stats of what you can craft? I find it a bit imbalanced and frustrating to spend an hour or longer on a quest and collecting materials (not to mention hunting for the proper blacksmith) only to find a better piece of equipment randomly in a chest.

That said, does anyone find the special (and even some of the non-special) armor you just happen upon along the way far exceeds the stats of what you can craft? I find it a bit imbalanced and frustrating to spend an hour or longer on a quest and collecting materials (not to mention hunting for the proper blacksmith) only to find a better piece of equipment randomly in a chest.

I think the consensus is kind of the opposite. All of the Witcher gear is far superior to everything else in the game, which took the excitement of loot away since you almost never find upgrades as long as you keep your Witcher gear mostly updated. Finding relics should have been more exciting, but it never is and only turns out to be vendor fodder.

Last edited:
Squarely on my "greatest games ever made" list.

Totally agree!

I bought the W1 & W2 games on sale & plan to play those as soon as I finish W3.
~ I bounce around & play other stuff too (racing, CS, pubG, Farm Sim & others) so it doesn't get monotonous.

I'm actually considering buying one of the ebooks w/ the audio add-on to see if I want to listen to the whole series - in order vs bouncing around among all these story snippets / missions / contracts.

Solidly on my list of greatest games ever made!

The Witcher - Wikipedia - books listed in order...

The first ebook w/ audio option:
Amazon.com: The Last Wish: Introducing the Witcher eBook: Andrzej Sapkowski: Books

The first ebook in the SAGA w/ audio option:
Blood of Elves (The Witcher Book 1) - by Andrzej Sapkowski. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks

The Witcher stories
  • Miecz Przeznaczenia (Sword of Destiny) (1992, English edition: 2015)
  • Ostatnie życzenie (The Last Wish) (1993, English edition: 2007). Note that, while The Last Wish was published after The Sword of Destiny, the stories contained in The Last Wish take place first chronologically, and many of the individual stories were published before The Sword of Destiny.
Saga
The saga focuses on Geralt of Rivia and Ciri, a child of destiny. Ciri, princess of a recently conquered country and a pawn of international politics, becomes a witcher-in-training. Geralt is drawn into a whirlwind of events in his attempts to protect her.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
20170616075546_1.jpg

Local Red Light District I found the way in two ways you can take the sewers or jump around the rocks in the back....Thanks to my Handy Dandy Prima stragety guide I use when I get stuck..

My only problem with the game is how you move around in the game and combat it's just your typical swing swing swing use magic untill you win. Dark Souls is structured combat while like this game is your typical free wheeling 3rd person sword swinger. Even if you lock onto the targets it seems the camera isn't all there.

Last edited:
Oh My God, this game is ridiculous. It's absolutely, positively, the best game I have ever played. 200 hours in and I just got to Novigrad. Walking around this city is a fucking dream. We have reached near-perfection in gaming. So glad I am alive in 2017.

edit: Death March all the way. I'm leveling up slowly, every Witcher contract being much higher than my level is annoying. Who cares, the game is epic.

Last edited:
dark souls type combat would probably not work for this game as designed. you are always fighting groups of enemies where as if you take on a group in dark souls you will probably get clobbered. everybody knows what it is like to get surrounded by hollows... :D

I haven't gotten around to Blood and Wine yet but I hear it's good. Finished Hearts of Stone a couple months ago. That was pretty good.

I haven't gotten around to Blood and Wine yet but I hear it's good. Finished Hearts of Stone a couple months ago. That was pretty good.
Hearts of Stone was a good DLC. Blood and Wine on the other hand has more content then most other entire games. What's amazing is they didn't just reuse old assets like other game's DLC. New architecture, new plants,animals,enemies,terrain, it just goes on and on.

omg! OMG! OMG!

I found Ciri !!!!!!!

I found Ciri !!!!!!!

Go to Kaer Morhen - shit happens...

SNOWBALL FIGHT!!

The witcher 1 was good. It had some interesting story lines. The witcher 2... was just lacking. Although technically a far superior game than #1 I can't say that I have completed it, that was after a couple of attempts, even using the combat rebalance. The witcher 3 is far superior to them in about every way imaginable.

To echo others, while Hearts of Stone is a very good DLC, Blood and Wine is a coup de grace, likely the DLC that other DLCs will be compared to for years to come.

Unfortunately, you'd never see content of this quality and breath from the likes of EA or Ubisoft, and I hate to say... Bethesda.

I think that the Witcher benefits from really good, original source material that those other guys just don't have.

Far Cry stuff is video game writers making a video game vs. an author living in a long running, historic, fantasy world.

Yeah, it sounds the same but I hope you get my meaning that - it is very different.

Tom Clancy stuff is set in the modern world & all separate countries, separate situations, separate incidents, separate teams, separate hero's...

The Witcher is a LEGEND.

Last edited:
I know I'm probably being kinda weird but I never felt like playing either DLC after I completed the main quest line. I had assumed it would just complete like other quests and instead it says "if you want to keep playing, the game will revert to pre-final quest state" because of the various world/story changes that happen at the end. I dunno, that just killed my interest in more playing since it's kinda like undoing everything I just did.I might just do a NG+ on Death March and do the DLCs before I finish main quest :p

been a while, but i do not remember that, it could be just for hearts of stone. Because Blood and Wine is meant to be played after the main story line, you could play it before but few small things added to the end of Blood and Wine if you finish the main story first. Blood and Wine is a must play one of the best xpacs for any games

Interesting stuff about play order for the DLC.

What do you think of my (current) re-play strategy?
When I started the game, I had no idea that I was getting in so deep!!!!!

My plan was to always choose the bottom option - ie: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 & always be the "good guy" when given a choice.

My follow-up plan was a re-play w/ just #1 options & be a "bad guy" when given a choice (assumed it'd be quicker).

I wanted to just take it all in on my 1st play & experience the game in it's fullest because reviews were stellar. I'm not even done w/ my 1st play thru, and still plan to go back & do contracts & stuff I skipped, so I'm just asking while the idea is in my head.

Your thoughts?
witcher.png

Last edited:
Interesting stuff about play order for the DLC.

What do you think of my (current) re-play strategy?
When I started the game, I had no idea that I was getting in so deep!!!!!

My plan was to always choose the bottom option - ie: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 & always be the "good guy" when given a choice.

My follow-up plan was a re-play w/ just #1 options & be a "bad guy" when given a choice (figure it'd quicker).

I wanted to take it all in on my 1st play & experience the game in it's fullest because reviews were stellar. I'm not even done w/ my 1st play thru, and still plan to go back & do contracts & stuff I skipped, so I'm just asking while the idea is in my head.

Your thoughts?View attachment 28083

In the End, Geralt is neither the good or bad guy, his character desgin has always been True Neutral.

thx, - maybe you should EDIT & use the spoiler tool for that...

see that + icon up there?

thx, - maybe you should EDIT & use the spoiler tool for that...

see that + icon up there?

Oh, I wasn't referring to any spoilers about the game. That's just the way the character has always been written.

Well that sucks - I thought my choices had an impact on multiple endings - like most RPG's.

Oh well, I am at the start of "Something Ends - Something Begins"

I guess I will go back & do a bunch of contracts & secondary quests since none of my choices determine the end.

Back