The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Thanks for the suggestions. Friendly HUD I had tagged but Better Than Icons is one I'll definitely get. Script merger I also had tagged to download. Auto Loot I'm not too interested in, yet. I'll play without it for now but if the looting system doesn't seem good enough then I'll get it.

I only use auto loot for herbs, I always loot everything else, its just stopping to pick 1 herb every time really starts to suck lol. Script Merger is really nice to fix most conflicts between mods. You will have tons of fun :)

Great video I came across. To anyone wanting to play the Witcher 3 for the first time, check it out to help you on your decision.

Great video I came across. To anyone wanting to play the Witcher 3 for the first time, check it out to help you on your decision.

I would urge people who haven't played the game to not watch that video. It is absolutely bursting at the seams with spoilers. Great video though!

omg, i got this game like, a year ago? have no idea, and i still didnt started playing it, jebus christ. loved the first one, hated the second, using a 1080 now and i cant remember if i was using a 670/680 or a 970 when i got this game, holy shit :p

omg, i got this game like, a year ago? have no idea, and i still didnt started playing it, jebus christ. loved the first one, hated the second, using a 1080 now and i cant remember if i was using a 670/680 or a 970 when i got this game, holy shit :p
Welcome to the world of no life!

lol it requires a great deal of dedication a game like this, lots and lots of time, i just know it! :p

Over 160 hours here and got it on release day (almost 2 years ago), and still playing through it for a first completion (I'm on Blood and Wine, so it's coming to a close soon :()

Blood and Wine requires level 35
Heart of Stone level 30

I'm like level 3-4 or something

The stupid move I made I've been playing on Story Mode which I didn't know now is the easy mode. So I switched it to Normal just yesterday and saved it to make sure it's on Normal.

I just saved Princess the Goat and killed the Bear which was way too easy so I knew something was bork in my game.

There are so many quests in this game there is about 100+ pages side quests in the strategy guide

It is a monumental gaming milestone just in the realm of story narrative and "the small details". I tried to go back to a few other RPGs and they are just so flat in comparison. Skyrim is flat out embarrassing to play after my time spent in TW3, and I loved Skyrim. It is basically unplayable now.

In my opinion, Witcher 3 is the greatest game of all time. Hits the mark on story, depth, graphics, sound/music and gameplay. I also really enjoyed the first two.

I don't really disagree. It's so huge and varied that it's tough to beat. Even its weaker points (combat and item use) are still better than like 99% of other games.

I just did the Botchling quest I couldn't kill it so I did the quest where you follow it for clues now I'm in a new area and it looks pretty amazing graphic wise.
I'll post a screenshot....

20170322053144_1.jpg

I just did the Botchling quest I couldn't kill it so I did the quest where you follow it for clues now I'm in a new area and it looks pretty amazing graphic wise.
I'll post a screenshot....

/snipimage

Oh yea, that's Oxenfurt. I had the same amazed experience when I arrived there. Just wait until you get to Novigrad...

Novigrad absolutely eclipses Oxenfurt by orders of magnitude. I think I spent 30-40 hours in that city alone and still didn't complete everything there.

I played for about 200 hours before I beat it and that was before the expansions came out. I think i have around 300 in it and still havent finished blood and wine or a bunch of the witcher contract stuff.

for me the Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made if not the best.

In my opinion, Witcher 3 is the greatest game of all time. Hits the mark on story, depth, graphics, sound/music and gameplay. I also really enjoyed the first two.

You wouldn't be alone on that opinion. If you put them all together 1 2 & 3 as a whole then yes I would agree. The storytelling is just amazing, I'd even put it up there with the Iliad.

Just got to Novigrad and holy crap the city is huge and actually alive! Sure beats the hell out of Skyrim or any other medieval fantasy game I've ever played. Still getting used to running around in 3rd person view. Haven't installed the 1st person view mod since 3rd person hasn't affected me all that much.

Last edited:
Just got to Novigrad and holy crap the city is huge and actually alive! Sure beats the hell out of Skyrim or any other medieval fantasy game I've every played. Still getting used to running around in 3rd person view. Haven't installed the 1st person view mod since 3rd person hasn't affected me all that much.

Novigrad content took me 50+ hours or so. I still missed a lot of quests. That city is impressive as hell.

I reformatted my machine and lost all of my saved files.

Fuck.my.life.

I just had a good scare

I fired up W3 after reformatting my computer recently. I clicked the continue button and it told me my save was corrupted. I saw that GoG and the game had been updated to support cloud saves.

My blood pressure doubles and I'm thinking about cussing them out but I remembered I had a similar problem with my MP3s not wanting to play. Just had to reset the NTFS owner and ACL. Re-launched and it loaded right up.

I got a boot off my car the other day without having to pay. :angelic: This was almost as good.

Anyhow, this made me think of your story. Ever get it working?

I just had a good scare

I fired up W3 after reformatting my computer recently. I clicked the continue button and it told me my save was corrupted. I saw that GoG and the game had been updated to support cloud saves.

My blood pressure doubles and I'm thinking about cussing them out but I remembered I had a similar problem with my MP3s not wanting to play. Just had to reset the NTFS owner and ACL. Re-launched and it loaded right up.

I got a boot off my car the other day without having to pay. :angelic: This was almost as good.

Anyhow, this made me think of your story. Ever get it working?
hahahaha, you dick!

No, I didn't! :mad::mad::mad:

I haven't played since. :(

The Witcher Fantasy Novels to Get New Adaptation via Netflix

http://tvline.com/2017/05/17/the-witcher-tv-series-netflix/

Just came to post this. Consider me intrigued. Netflix has done a great job releasing quality TV shows. Hopefully this gets the same treatment, with a decent budget. I'd like to see something more than the cheesy fan service that your typical video game movie is. With Game of Thrones approaching its end, this could be a big draw for people looking for something else in a similar setting. They don't need to appeal strictly to the video game crowd here... here's hoping for a quality fantasy series that can stand on its own.

Just came to post this. Consider me intrigued. Netflix has done a great job releasing quality TV shows. Hopefully this gets the same treatment, with a decent budget. I'd like to see something more than the cheesy fan service that your typical video game movie is. With Game of Thrones approaching its end, this could be a big draw for people looking for something else in a similar setting. They don't need to appeal strictly to the video game crowd here... here's hoping for a quality fantasy series that can stand on its own.

Sounds like it's going to be based more on the books than the games. The books prequel the games by some years. I'm ok with this. Fingers crossed.

Sounds like it's going to be based more on the books than the games. The books prequel the games by some years. I'm ok with this. Fingers crossed.

So am I. I don't need a live action version of the stories I've already experienced in the games. But seeing a TV series based on the events that lead up to them would be awesome.

They have made a polish movie and short series I think, but they were not good adaptations. Hopefully this will work better. No doubt Netflix would love to have the next game of thrones. This could have that potential if they do it right. The story should span a number of years, with the introduction to Ciri and what comes later. So it will be interesting to see how they tell it.

Also, the author lost his ass on the witcher game series, thinking it was going to be a dud and choosing to take a lump sum instead of a % of royalties. Hopefully he will choose better this time :D

finally getting through my backlog to this. originally had it when it came out, played for a couple of hours and put it aside and finally came back today, rebought the GOTY edition, and a xbone controller....gotta say, this game plays way better with the contorller over kb+m and i'm TOTALLY a kb+m guy in 99% of all cases.

The witcher 3 was such a great game. It is one of the few I actually replayed back to back. I really wish they made another expansion pack for it.

The witcher 3 was such a great game. It is one of the few I actually replayed back to back. I really wish they made another expansion pack for it.

In fairness, the expansions they did make were practically as big as the base game. They already gave us far bigger and better DLC than 99% of developers - a super rare case of expansions done right.

I'd say their efforts are best focused on finishing Cyberpunk some time this decade.

I'm cool with the game being over. I'd never turn down additional content, but I think they took that game about as far as you can. If you do all there is to do I think you'd probably be well over 200 hours.
The plot and story ended nicely (while still being open-ended), too. There's always NG+ as well.
I'm happy they're able to move on to a new project knowing that their last game is on the short list for best games ever.

Oh yea, that's Oxenfurt. I had the same amazed experience when I arrived there. Just wait until you get to Novigrad...

Novigrad absolutely eclipses Oxenfurt by orders of magnitude. I think I spent 30-40 hours in that city alone and still didn't complete everything there.

Que, "Merchants of Novigrad" You'll be humming it for weeks! ;)

Que, "Merchants of Novigrad" You'll be humming it for weeks! ;)

Yea, for sure!

This is the one that always does it for me. For some reason this one really captures the depth and pure raw evil that exists in the world of The Witcher:

I think it just resonates with me because of how incredibly epic the Crones/Baron questline was. I've never had such amazing quests than I've had in TW3, not even close.

Back