The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Dude, totally with you here, but I haven't done either expansion yet!

I upgraded from an R9 280X to a GTX1070 - wanted to wait until this upgrade to start NG+ and then playthrough again and then do the expansions for the first time.

Yeah the visual fidelity at 2k is awesome, maxed out graphics and freesync on a 32 inch display is pretty mind blowing. Worth the wait, not sure when I'm going to do NG+, lot of other games to play after BW. Might be best to wait a while so I forget a lot about this game.

Congrats man! I love this community when we actually help each other. :p

Sometimes it just feel like people whining about hardware and games.

Yeah it pretty much always feels that way, at least we can unite around the witcher being freaking amazing.

I am 62 hours in and still finding this game balls to wall amazing! The main drawback is that being such a time sink I have to specifically take breaks to sporadically play other games in my backlog that are also still languishing.

Reactions: Damar
like this
Picture%2044.jpg

I just picked this up today for 15.00 at work 832 pages includes the DLCs I just got past the tutorial a bit and quit the game I think I was expecting a Witcher 2 experience. This guide shows the game could easily take 400+ hours for all the content it's like the Fallout series.

Picture%2044.jpg

I just picked this up today for 15.00 at work 832 pages includes the DLCs I just got past the tutorial a bit and quit the game I think I was expecting a Witcher 2 experience. This guide shows the game could easily take 400+ hours for all the content it's like the Fallout series.

Well that's a great way to ruin an open world game.

Picked up the DLCs Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine which more intresting finally seems alot of the good stuff is DLC actually there is about 20 free DLCs for the game.

save blood and wine till you finish the main quest and even heart of stone, blood and wine, i really think it is a perfect ending. it needs a high level char just to start it anyway

save blood and wine till you finish the main quest and even heart of stone, blood and wine, i really think it is a perfect ending. it needs a high level char just to start it anyway

The game lets you start the DLC with a leveled Gerald and a decent set of gear.

If I've never played the Witcher games will I enjoy this game? Also where is the Witcher trailer with the really cool music ? I can't find it anywhere on you tube!

If I've never played the Witcher games will I enjoy this game? Also where is the Witcher trailer with the really cool music ? I can't find it anywhere on you tube!
If you like adventuring, questing, strong and deep Dialogue, boobies, combat, Crafting and rpgs in general, this game is insanely good.

If you like action adventure games with some of the best storytelling ever then yes. I would recommend you start with the first game though, otherwise you're going to be completely lost on certain characters story lines. You may be able to skip the Second one & just catch up on the story through Youtube.

Its hard not to like W3 unless you hate games or don't know how to use a pc/gaming console.

I've lent my gog account to friends who don't play games at all get sucked into this game and enjoying the heck out of it.

If you like action adventure games with some of the best storytelling ever then yes. I would recommend you start with the first game though, otherwise you're going to be completely lost on certain characters story lines. You may be able to skip the Second one & just catch up on the story through Youtube.

Hell no. The original Witcher game is absolutely horrible, literally the most clunky, dreadful combat mechanics I've ever seen. Do not even try to play it, it will ruin the series for you.

Has anyone here beaten the entire game specifically and only on Death March?

How much longer would you say it took you to do so, over lower difficulties?
I'm generally playing one under death March.

Hell no. The original Witcher game is absolutely horrible, literally the most clunky, dreadful combat mechanics I've ever seen. Do not even try to play it, it will ruin the series for you.
The combat in the original Witcher isn't that bad, and the game is worth playing for the story. At the least, watch a let's play of it so you know the story. It will make 2 and 3 even better.

So the game is horrible just because YOU don't like the combat mechanics? Hey everybody, lets only play the games silent-circuit recommends, who gives a shit if the game is good or not.

So the game is horrible just because YOU don't like the combat mechanics? Hey everybody, lets only play the games silent-circuit recommends, who gives a shit if the game is good or not.
With a taste of your own medicine... Just because you would be confused by skipping the first witcher or two, doesn't mean everyone else will.
Hey everyone, let's make sure we play the series accordingly and in order, or else the 100+ hours of Dialogue in TW3 will confuse someone with what's going on...

:)

With a taste of your own medicine... Just because you would be confused by skipping the first witcher or two, doesn't mean everyone else will.
Hey everyone, let's make sure we play all games accordingly and in order, or else the 100+ hours of Dialogue in TW3 will confuse someone with what's going on...

:)

That is correct. You should make sure.

51812343.jpg

Lol Hilarious logic.

Who's this person? Ah, they've met before. Better play the entire first game or two to find out, instead of a quick Google search.

Has anyone here beaten the entire game specifically and only on Death March?

How much longer would you say it took you to do so, over lower difficulties?
I'm generally playing one under death March.

Me, beaten on death march 13 times with and without mods and making different game decisions every time.

Since I'm a pro and smart player it I'd say a couple hours more compared to the easiest difficulty.

Heh....Millennial's. Why read the book when you can just Google the ending? :rolleyes:

I'm happy that a senior citizen figured out how to use Hardforum. Very proud of you!
Don't type too much, you may upset that arthritis. :p

Last edited:
Matthew Kane let me borrow it for the weekend hehe I live rpgs but it's been awhile since I played one....

I actually quite like TW1 lol, was on the process of replaying it for the moonblade (Thanks to the royal huntsman for being so bloody obscure about the trophy monsters and the game for hiding both of them in act 1), but I kinda put that on halt, was in Act 3 leveling off cockatrices in that swamp caves I think, need to pick it up again soon.

Does TW3 natively support DS4 controller?

Matthew Kane let me borrow it for the weekend hehe I live rpgs but it's been awhile since I played one....

To be my friend you need to buy me cookies regularly.

I actually quite like TW1 lol.

So do I, the storyline of TW1 was great and the overall game was much longer and harder then TW2. Took me about 50hrs to beat it the first time and that was with me resorting to using a trainer towards the end because it got frustratingly hard.

I liked the rhythm based combat of the first. I actually missed it in the second one.

The combat in the first one was interesting. I can see how people both love and hate it. I think it just got a bit old because it was the same thing over and over. It was very cadence-heavy and those dodges were worthless like 99% of the time. Then again, the others don't change all that much either. You get the (optional) hold button attacks in the 3rd one, but it's otherwise a whole lot of the same thing for 200 hours.
I think that might be the only major gripe I have with those games. As long as they are, there isn't a whole lot of gameplay development. It would have been nice if different weapons had different movesets or you learned more new techniques along the way.

I hated the first two Witchers; for me they're among the worst games I've played in recent history. W2 at least improved upon the clunkiness of W1 but I still found it to be completely unenjoyable and of no redeeming qualities. Then W3 came along and I fell in love. Still can't go back to the previous two pieces of crap though. :D

I wasn't sure about this game at first.....lots of cut scenes but become more interesting later on I like the music in the background reminds me of DAOC instrumental ambient music.
There is so much detail packed in the game graphics alone I think they could of cleaned it up and made it just as good. I just got the quest looking for Ciri even though she has a frown on her face in the picture on the wall.

I thought the Boss fight with the Griffin would be harder not sure what setting I have the game on but I did use the crossbow on him while he was stationary for a while. I like how the controller (yeah I know) switches modes with the different sets of actions in the game switches from Horse riding to Combat to just doing RPG and interaction mode.

I used KB/Mouse and worked good. I didn't finish blood and wine yet - mostly because I don't want it to end lol.

I hated the first two Witchers; for me they're among the worst games I've played in recent history. W2 at least improved upon the clunkiness of W1 but I still found it to be completely unenjoyable and of no redeeming qualities. Then W3 came along and I fell in love. Still can't go back to the previous two pieces of crap though. :D

Yeah, I hated the first game as well. I found the timing-based combat to be profoundly boring.

Witcher 2 was alright, but not good enough for me to play through it all the way apparently. It was better than W1 by a huge margin though.

I still need to get back into Witcher 3 but I think I made it around 20 hours in or so...great game other than Gwent which I at first found to be fun, then quickly turned to not fun. :p

Man, ya'll are hard to please, the first two Witcher games were excellent, 3 being the master piece that it is.

I miss the dice poker game from the first two. Gwent sucks & I don't understand it :depressed:

Snagged TW3:Wild Hunt off of Steam. Been doing a good bit of reading to see which mods to get first. I'm not really into 3rd person view but I'll give it a go.

Snagged TW3:Wild Hunt off of Steam. Been doing a good bit of reading to see which mods to get first. I'm not really into 3rd person view but I'll give it a go.

Enjoy - I'm still playing my first playthrough 2 years later 150 hrs and counting. It's currently my favorite game of all time. It honestly eclipses all other game's narratives.

here are a few I consider must have, they are simple but so worth it :)

Script Merger - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484/?
Auto Loot - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1996/?
Better Than Icons - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/986/?
Friendly HUD - [URL]http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/365/?[/URL]

Thanks for the suggestions. Friendly HUD I had tagged but Better Than Icons is one I'll definitely get. Script merger I also had tagged to download. Auto Loot I'm not too interested in, yet. I'll play without it for now but if the looting system doesn't seem good enough then I'll get it.

here are a few I consider must have, they are simple but so worth it :)

Script Merger - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484/?
Auto Loot - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1996/?
Better Than Icons - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/986/?
Friendly HUD - http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/365/?

Back