The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

I would like to see a poll on the armor choosed by the players.
Personally I prefer the medium armor, the wolf is the one I prefer.

I'm sure all this would help ... but how is it achievable at level 5-6?

At that point you want to pour points into the fast sword skill, because you'll be using it more than anything. If you find any red mutegens, be sure to couple them with it. Explore every nook and cranny because you can find armor or schematics at that stage that can make a big difference. Get very aquainted with your dodge button and timing it right. Be sure to use the sword oils for your given enemy (cursed oil for werewolves), they can cut your work in half. Lastly, you get grapeshot fairly early in the game, it works on most enemies besides specters and elementals. Use it to help damage and stagger in emergencies when you need to retreat and heal up some.

The game can be a challenge in the early sections regardless, just take a deep breath and pace yourself. By the way, the first time I faced the Werewolf he annihilated me, had to go back after I'd ranked up more and had better gear. The last time I faced him, he was 6 levels higher than me and I burnt him to a crisp within a few seconds without taking a scratch. It gets better.

Last edited:
I just crafted all the level 17 feline armor and put it on.. I can feel the agility difference I think - seems like I am faster with my fast attack moves. I maxed out my fast attack and combined it with a red mutagen. I activated the "cat" light armor skill when I switched to these also - so far so good. I liked the look of the Griffin armor a little better but oh well. I opted to use two unique swords I found while searching for all the feline plans rather than crafting the feline swords though. They do a tiny bit less damage but have more perks and they look pretty bad ass - "moonblade" is the silver one. I have just over 50 hours into this game and feel like I have barely scratched the surface.

Something weird happened .. I picked up a master weapons repair kit (whetstone) and all my other repair kits vanished from my inventory.. Did they compress into this one? really weird.. I had a bunch of them..

edit: I had like 4 of the 15% ones 2 of the 40% ones and a few of the armor repair kits too.. all vanished. bizarre! I am pretty sure I would have remembered selling them too..

Last edited:
one of the best things I found was to absolutely ignore all the repair kits. they are only a 10% buff. nothing breaks, so no real reason to use them

Thanks for the tip. I guess from other games I'm used to wanting to keep my gear in good shape. I guess I won't worry about it so much now.

one of the best things I found was to absolutely ignore all the repair kits. they are only a 10% buff. nothing breaks, so no real reason to use them

10% on Death March is noticeable, believe me.

Still I usually just had a vendor repair them and saved myself the carry weight.

I got all my kits back when I loaded the game up just now. Weird. Must have been a glitch.

10% on Death March is noticeable, believe me.

Still I usually just had a vendor repair them and saved myself the carry weight.

Agreed. 10% extra can go a long way.
For me personaly, I stocked up on all the repair kits I could find, vendors included. Never had to worry about loss of dps.
Plus armor kits are cheap too.

Agreed. 10% extra can go a long way.
For me personaly, I stocked up on all the repair kits I could find, vendors included. Never had to worry about loss of dps.
Plus armor kits are cheap too.

I kept 5 each during my early playthroughs, but my last run I reduced it to 2 Journeymans and nothing else. I still have some Masters in my in my chest, just because I was too compulsive to just sell them. Of course I also have one of every "Relic" level armor and weapon, that I update everytime I find higher level versions... so take my completionism with a grain of salt. :p

I have a perfect scaling in TW3 with my GTX980 Ti SLI, the framerate doubles.
I have a constant >90% performance scaling up to 100% performance more than a single card.

Said that I see many people complaining about TW3 bad SLI scaling, I would like to understand why.
Do you have a steam game?

When nvidia releases a SLI profile, is this profile applied to Origin, Steam or GOG game?

Is it possible that the reason why you don't have good scaling is because you bought the game on Steam and I bought it on GOG?
They have different executables, can this be the reason of the bad scaling in some games?

When nvidia releases a SLI profile, is this profile applied to Origin, Steam or GOG game?

It's universal across within your operating system for any application that has the ability to take advantage of SLI or Crossfire for rendering. Not just applied to Origin or Steam or GOG games.

It's universal across within your operating system for any application that has the ability to take advantage of SLI or Crossfire for rendering. Not just applied to Origin or Steam or GOG games.

we are talking about SLI profiles, sli profiles are not universal :)

we are talking about SLI profiles, sli profiles are not universal :)

In regards to Steam, Origin, Uplay and GOG they are, which was the crux of the original question.

In regards to specific games and graphics card manufacturers, no they are not.

im lvl 3 or 4 now. Traveling to find ciri and came across this bandit camp. these dudes were like lvl 14+. They beat the shit outta me. I think ima bitch out and avoid them the next time.

im lvl 3 or 4 now. Traveling to find ciri and came across this bandit camp. these dudes were like lvl 14+. They beat the shit outta me. I think ima bitch out and avoid them the next time.

You on Death March? You should be :)

at lvl19 I got hit by a lvl25 griffin or cockatrice (something flying).. yes it had the skull over it's head. I got it down half and then two hits I was dead. I guess that light armor really is light. I gotta bob and weave more I guess. ;)

EDIT: re SLI scaling - I get about double with my setup and both GTX970s ... it's completely unplayable on one card with any decent res settings... with both cards it's just on the fringe of good for me unless it rains in a city... I have the Steam version also..

Last edited:
HD texture pack keeps getting better and better.

vanilla1.jpg

modded1.jpg

vanilla2.jpg

modded2.jpg

1021-6-1455307489.jpg

Last edited:
^^^
Seems like more's going on than textures there. Completely different models, really.

Here's the author's change log-

Version 2.6
- reworked rocks displacement and LOD: now rocks looks more natural and They are much more optimized, LOD issues also fixed
- reworked Toadstools and increased their textures resolution from 256x256/128x128 to 1024x512/1024x512

Downloading now. :) Finally getting back into this game. Bought in on release and it's been sitting, and I forgot how much fun it is.....

Man...I hate OCding on special points/skills in games. I seem to horde my points because I never know what to spec in the game. I have like 8 points in witcher 3 that I haven't used because I don't know what to put it in. I know I like using swords and some signs. I'm not really much into alchemy and grinding out potions. As you move down the skill tree of say the blue sign tree, how does that work when u have active skills. Meaning if I have a level one axi skill active and also a level 2 axi skill active, when I use my axi how do I know which one is being used? Sorry for the noob question but I watched some videos and still am confused. Also, the white general skills you cant pull because they are always active once you add them correct?

Here's the author's change log-

Version 2.6
- reworked rocks displacement and LOD: now rocks looks more natural and They are much more optimized, LOD issues also fixed
- reworked Toadstools and increased their textures resolution from 256x256/128x128 to 1024x512/1024x512

Downloading now. :) Finally getting back into this game. Bought in on release and it's been sitting, and I forgot how much fun it is.....

I'm going to have to check this out soon.

From what I recall you can either trigger the skill or hold the button down to activate second mode. There's also a potion to reset everything so it's not like you're locked in

Man...I hate OCding on special points/skills in games. I seem to horde my points because I never know what to spec in the game. I have like 8 points in witcher 3 that I haven't used because I don't know what to put it in. I know I like using swords and some signs. I'm not really much into alchemy and grinding out potions. As you move down the skill tree of say the blue sign tree, how does that work when u have active skills. Meaning if I have a level one axi skill active and also a level 2 axi skill active, when I use my axi how do I know which one is being used? Sorry for the noob question but I watched some videos and still am confused. Also, the white general skills you cant pull because they are always active once you add them correct?

You realize you can just buy a potion from a vendor and respec all the points, right? There's no reason to do what you're doing.

Aside from what others have said, no, white skills are not automatically active. You have to put them in. However, white skills also don't get any benefit from your mutagens.

As for auto skills, there are some that have an indicator. I can't remember what it looks like, but look at Alt Aard, that's an auto skill.

You on Death March? You should be :)
I believe so. Went to find this spy and he was tortured and killed. So im now riding to a town south and saw this bandit camp and this was my first time meeting foes who were at a higher level than I. Special icons on their head. They mopped me up the first two times, the archers are beasts, then i went to bed. Im going to avoid them for now.

I believe so. Went to find this spy and he was tortured and killed. So im now riding to a town south and saw this bandit camp and this was my first time meeting foes who were at a higher level than I. Special icons on their head. They mopped me up the first two times, the archers are beasts, then i went to bed. Im going to avoid them for now.

When I first started the game , I wandered around using my witcher senses to find all the flowers and equipment that I could loot around town and in the forest. Use your fast track and attack as many of the question marks on your maps as you can. In the beginning I would put my skills in to my attack sword with the red mutagen to link all three of your attacks for more power. If you encounter any red skulls that are more than 5 levels above you . You will probably die fighting them but you can gain valuable information on what you need to do to defeat them later. Sometimes it is better to draw out one attacker at a time and kill them save rinse and repeat. Remember to save often F5 specially after a fight with a tough creature or a boss. Stock up on weapon and armour repair kits. You will find them very useful when you are in the wilderness and no where to repair your weapons or armour. I am currently at lvl 24 and can kill creatures with the red skull lvl 36. After I kill a creature at that lvl , I usually have to at least repair or replace my sword with a better sword. Remember that you can always return later in the game to kill creatures you could not kill before because of there lvl. You will than find them easier to kill. Do not ignore putting skill points into the signs. They are very useful as you lvl up.

you lose 10% damage/protection at most if you don't bother repairing your gear. my suggestion is to just turn off the warning display and totally ignore it. It is a total waste of time "worrying" about broken gear, crafting, looking for materials, buying stones, wondering why some kits work and others don't, and it just goes on and on. 10% is not worth the annoyance.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
you lose 10% damage/protection at most if you don't bother repairing your gear. my suggestion is to just turn off the warning display and totally ignore it. It is a total waste of time "worrying" about broken gear, crafting, looking for materials, buying stones, wondering why some kits work and others don't, and it just goes on and on. 10% is not worth the annoyance.
Yep, I ignored damage, made it a lot simpler to play.

That may be true. It just seems that I have a harder time and takes longer to kill a group of leveled up creatures including the lvl 36 bandits I fought.

I have a question for anyone leveled up past 35. Are some the creatures and bandits leveled with red skulls up still 10 levels above you?

That may be true. It just seems that I have a harder time and takes longer to kill a group of leveled up creatures including the lvl 36 bandits I fought.

I have a question for anyone leveled up past 35. Are some the creatures and bandits leveled with red skulls up still 10 levels above you?

I'm level 64 and have fought creatures up to 14 levels higher than me. I was using Superior and Mastercrafted Griffin gear and a Sign focused build (Igni predominantly).

So... provided I told Triss I loved her and had the lighthouse romance, then had some fun with Yenn during the wake, as long as I don't tell Yenn I love her when the time comes I can still have my happy ending with Triss if I choose to go that direction? Yenn is pretty and all but kind of seems like a PITA, I think Triss is probably a better companion in the end.. So just wondering about that..

ya you will be ok as long as you dont tell both you love them. Yen is kinda a bitch but after reading the books I kinda wish I had picked her over Triss.

I appreciated Yen in the books, but there was so much unanswered build up to her in the first 2 games, all while you're getting to have a real relationship with Triss, I initially found it hard to pursue Yen over Triss. I did eventually and didn't find it any less rewarding then my "Triss" playthroughs. She's different, but actually fits Geralt's lore friendly personality better. I'm glad the games let you make your own choice either way.

Tried to play this again tonight. Is there really no way to switch the difficulty mid-game? I'm stuck right after the opening dialogue and keep getting killed by ghouls. Then they make me skip a really long conversation before i get another shot.

Any tips for getting past this beginning fight?

Last edited:
Tried to play this again tonight. Is there really no way to switch the difficulty mid-game? I'm stuck right after the opening dialogue and keep getting killed by ghouls. Then they make me skip a really long conversation before i get another shot.

Any tips for getting past this beginning fight?
Try to draw them out one at a time then save and repeat. Ghouls like to attack in packs like wolves. One at a time they are easy to handle but when they attack in a bunch can be hard to kill until you level up.

Back