The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

The magic and item "wheel" menu seems designed for controller selection, even if it is still pretty janky and easier to select stuff with a mouse.

But moving around and fighting, I prefer the controller (on PC), so I use that instead of KB/M.

Why are all of your opinions wrong, Sir Kane?

Hmm they are my opinions and experience to begin with? Hence not wrong, you can choose to not believe it as every-bodies differ. Movement on gamepad is shit compared to the precision of my mouse.

7DF82947482214993C1EBDB7916D4D9C16B812FC

Spot the bugs/glitches:

68645A623954BA995B4F60BAFF548820DFE83499

842514312EDEE2CD0791E854123F04B16D3E3C97

Hmm they are my opinions and experience to begin with? Hence not wrong, you can choose to not believe it as every-bodies differ. Movement on gamepad is shit compared to the precision of my mouse.

Your mouse doesn't move your character. Mouse pans your view much smoother.

I can alternate between controller and kb/m on this game, doesn't seem to suck either way.

So only after I started a NG+ did I realize that potions refill when you meditate. During my first playthrough, I kept throwing away the empty pots and remaking them. -_-

So only after I started a NG+ did I realize that potions refill when you meditate. During my first playthrough, I kept throwing away the empty pots and remaking them. -_-

they said they were wasting so much time harvesting plants and making potions it just was not fun, so they added in the auto-refill mechanic.

they said they were wasting so much time harvesting plants and making potions it just was not fun, so they added in the auto-refill mechanic.

After playing the first two I agreed with the change. At first I was like blasphemer! But really no one had fun doing that. On a side not just got the Heart of Stone DLC. Been saving it for a play through this weekend!

GMG has TW3 on sale for $25 so I was ready to break down and try it. They're out of keys though. I see that G2A has it for like $27; does anyone know if GOG is bastardly about gray market keys?

GMG has TW3 on sale for $25 so I was ready to break down and try it. They're out of keys though. I see that G2A has it for like $27; does anyone know if GOG is bastardly about gray market keys?

Not bastardly. After putting 150+ hour in on just the base game, I think I should have paid more. Whatever price you give for it, it's more than worth it.

I lost a pillars of eternity from my account on gog but they were great about it. Get the shield with a major purchase just in case. I have gotten alot of games from them with no issue except that one and it was to good to be true of a deal so rather expected on my end (royal edition for $12 lol). Refund took like 2 minutes in chat and was right back in my paypal no delay.

Is anyone else having an issue where the mouse cursor is in one place, but where it actually clicks is in another?

This happens for me with any resolution selected.

Same here. I replayed the expansion this time on a completed save and I did everything including the optionals I have to admit a lot of content in this expansion alone.

Great stuff. I'll wait for others to chime in on there decision they went with in the ending.

Same here. I replayed the DLC this time on a completed save and I did everything including the optionals I have to admit a lot of content in this expansion alone.

Great stuff. I'll wait for others to chime in on there decision they went with in the ending.

FTFY they are calling this DLC.The expansion is going to to be 60+ hours long.

Not bastardly. After putting 150+ hour in on just the base game, I think I should have paid more. Whatever price you give for it, it's more than worth it.

I'm approaching 100 hours in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth which cost $7.50, 90 hours in Dungeons of Dredmor for $3, 400+ hours in $30 worth of Skyrim, and probably as much in Smite for $0. Price per hour isn't a good metric for me. :p

I'm approaching 100 hours in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth which cost $7.50, 90 hours in Dungeons of Dredmor for $3, 400+ hours in $30 worth of Skyrim, and probably as much in Smite for $0. Price per hour isn't a good metric for me. :p

We've got people here who can easily triple those hours.

While on the other hand, we also have people here who spent $60 on each of those games and only put in a few minutes to a few hours.
$60 for a few moments to a couple hours? hmm

Anyways, with you

Skyrim- You're getting roughly 13.3 hrs of playtime for every dollar you spent.

Binding of Isaac:Rebirth - 7.5 hours per dollar spent.

Dungeons of Dredmor - 30 hours per dollar spent

I think it's safe to say, regardless of how one buys their games, the cost per dollar per hour for play time really does matter.

Especially when you are a super star shopper averaging 15ish hours per $1 spent.
(Like yourself)
Well done sir, well done indeed.

:)

Unfortunately I have a crap ton of games in my Steam catalog that I'll never finish which is why I'm picky with how much I spend. I may go ahead and grab TW3 though. I didn't like 1 or 2 but apparently 3 is amazing so maybe 3rd time's the charm.

the open world makes a huge difference in the game. I mean the first two are kind of open world but not at all in the same way. I think it and MGSV are the best games this year.

FTFY they are calling this DLC.The expansion is going to to be 60+ hours long.

Say what?

I think Skyrim is the only game on my Steam that I will never complete. I constantly install mods to the game and it's just never-ending with the modding community base and the amount of additional content readily available for it. I've got over few hundred hours and have only completed the Dragonborn and Dawnguard expansions, haven't touched Falskaar and Wyrmstooth, nor the main story line yet.

I have a friend on my steam list who has put in over 4000 hours into Skyrim and she hasn't even started any of the main expansion quests.

Have to ask, was it 5000gp for everyone to kick off the runecrafter questline, or did they sneak in a money-sink?

I heard of the Tax Collector that comes after people who used money exploits, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Have to ask, was it 5000gp for everyone to kick off the runecrafter questline, or did they sneak in a money-sink?

I heard of the Tax Collector that comes after people who used money exploits, so I wouldn't put it past them.

it gets even worse, you need to pay 10k for advanced then 15k for master.
And, no i did not use money exploits

What's this?

I had some guy approach me in Oxenfurt question me about my huge amount of gold and after a few questions I was granted a diploma in Tax or some shit.

do you think that "enchant items" is a worthy upgrade over standard runes?
I have enchanted my armor and my two swords, I have spent 25K oren to get this items enchanted at level 3 but I don't see a real improvements in combat.

it gets even worse, you need to pay 10k for advanced then 15k for master.
And, no i did not use money exploits

How did you get your money? I only got mine from selling at stalls, where I literally had to buy to sell. >_> Which annoyed the hell out of me. But at that point, I started buying rune stuff, so not too bad, since they cost a butt load of money.

Considering the price that you sell/buy for, this tax collector thing seems to be targeting wrong people.

First contact with the sewer monster quickly turned from [over-]confidence to disaster as my maxed out Quen and Superior Golden Oriole failed to protect me from getting stomped.

I'll blame it on rust.

Dunno if its just me but playing on hard everything other than the beginning when I was figuring stuff out and exploring at a low level everything has been a cakewalk. The new dlc seems to have stepped up the difficulty a bit (a good thing), the toad was kicking my ass so I had to reset my ability points and put some more into igni, I just couldn't get the timing right with sword attacks and couldn't roll away fast enough before he would slam me. So I just killed it with fire:)

How did you get your money? I only got mine from selling at stalls, where I literally had to buy to sell. >_> Which annoyed the hell out of me. But at that point, I started buying rune stuff, so not too bad, since they cost a butt load of money.

Considering the price that you sell/buy for, this tax collector thing seems to be targeting wrong people.

the hard way, picking up everything from monsters/humans i slayed

That's fucked if they fucked with your money when you're already getting screwed by the npc's bartering scale.

I'm wrapping up the expansion, or so it seems. I like it. The quests are pretty well put together, and the new characters are well thought out.

Just downloaded and started the DLC. Level 37.
Getting a lot of glitches where if I hold controller buttons, the game switches to mouse and keyboard prompts which of course doesn't help me.

Anybody else?

Restore your key and button mappings to default and see if that helps. Otherwise no glitches for me, since 1.08 v4 patch this game is pretty much 99% bug/glitch free for me and I've played through the game 3 times now and haven't such caught onto existing glitches I was having.

Back