The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Shit I haven't played W3 in a little long while since the first 1.08 patch came out. I see now there is 2 more 1.08 patches (about 5.8GB all up) that I have to download before applying the 6MB NG+ DLC.

I got sick of downloading the full 1.02 -> * patches from GOG, so I just installed the Galaxy client. I don't think you need to run it to actually play the game (a la steam), it's just a distribution platform (haven't played since I installed it, so I can't confirm that).

Anyway, the last patch using that was just a 200mb delta instead of the ~5gb full patch.

Well after having all the patches installed and NG+, started a new game and ahoy I go, a new play-through. Let's see how many previous broken quests they've fixed by now.

The new patch (1.08.3?) seems to fix most of the achievements retroactively. I popped five as soon as I loaded in.

Now please don't break them again. Maybe time to disable autoupdate :-o

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Apparently even with this patch NEW achievements don't pop. I don't even know any more....

Stopped playing this awhile back, mainly just because I haven't been playing much of anything lately. But with all the bugs it sounds like I might just wait until they sort it all out before going back. :p

I have to agree.
I play it less and less because there are a constant stream of annoying issues that need fixing.
Not that I encounter many, but thats the point, I'm trying to avoid having them.

70+hrs only bug I've had was my horse floating but even that was short lived. I played before most of the patches were even released.

I usually can live with a few minor glitches and animation bugs but the one thing that kills the experience are quest bugs which you cannot complete. 1.03-1.05 brought in so many quest bug problems I stopped playing for a little while.

don't worry the game will be bug free once the Enhanced Extended Edition hits...with all new dialogue, animations, cutscenes and more :D

There are console commands for that.

Why would you want a good nude mod for a video game when there is something called pronz on the internet?

It's out:

Patch 1.08.3 (24.08.2015)
Introduces a retro-active fix to some of the achievements that were amended in the patch 1.08. This time for real.

I think I am going to start my NG+ and use the new modded CloseCam -- improves immersion so much. And maybe a few other mods.

here is a screenshot of the closecam mod at 4k:

pc4b.png

I do believe i did read before Witcher 3 came out that CDPR said they want to creat some of the best open world rpg's or something like that, can't remember were I read it, was about a year or so b4 Wicher 3 came out. So pretty sure it will be a open world RPG

So far with each game they have released they have made gigantic leaps in terms of how great there games are Cyberpunk at the min should be just as good as Witcher 3 but in a Cyberpunk world cant wait, very hard to wait :)

My guts say it will be good.

Has anybody completed the game with NG+? I'm finding it a lot more difficult now. Death march is a walk in the past compared to this.

It's funny... but it's wrong... you can't apply oils when enemies are around. Unless something changed in the recent patches.

It's funny... but it's wrong... you can't apply oils when enemies are around. Unless something changed in the recent patches.

Pause the game, go into inventory, and then use the mouse to drag/drop the oil onto the appropriate sword. A bug... of sorts :D

Reached Skellige and boned Yennefer on a unicorn in my PS4 playthrough. About level 20 now.
Boned Keira and sent her to Kaer Mohan on my PC playthrough. About level 7 now.

First time I am playing the game on two platforms simultaneously lol.

I'm nearing the end of the game and am still a little puzzled by the leveling up and experience.
I cleared out literally all of Velen/Novigrad and was level 25. For every single thing in Skillige I only gained a whopping 2 more levels in spite of things being much harder and more tedious.
Then all of a sudden the game started throwing EXP at me and I gained 2 levels just for watching a cutscene or talking to someone after the Isle of Mists.
It's a small gripe, but it would have been nice to have actually gotten something for all of the stuff I did in Skellige instead of putting all of the EXP on the cutscenes.
Not sure if anyone else has found anything worthwhile, but do any of the "random" items you find hold a candle to the Griffin/Cat/Bear/Wolf gear sets? I've found a few items that would better their stats by a point or two, but for most of the game the items I found were only good for selling or breaking down.

Pause the game, go into inventory, and then use the mouse to drag/drop the oil onto the appropriate sword. A bug... of sorts :D

Oh? Did not realize that. That's helps, since running out of charges just sucks.

Also, eating more in a row means nothing in this game.

Even though I've made tons of oils and potions, I've barely even touched them throughout my playthrough. Ditto with most food. Bombs haven't been of much use, either.
In the few instances where I've encountered a difficult monster (one with a red face), the extra stuff hasn't much mattered anyway. Those fights usually come down to just using Quen and not getting greedy with your swings.
Some of the oils that hurt specific monsters are worthwhile, but it takes a perfect storm for you to happen to have the recipe, ingredients, preparation, etc. before happening upon a random strong foe.
I guess you can be be really deliberate, but I never saw the need. Effective use of signs seemed far more effective and less trouble.

Back