The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

What problems are you experiencing with that one? I completed it just fine last night.

The bodyguard is bugged after the cutscene when you meet him. He disappears when he is supposed to fight you. Now its about the only unfinished secondary quest for me in Novigrad. Problem persisted from since 1.03, I skipped 1.04 because that patch was apparently a clusterfuck. I'm on 1.05 still and it did not fix it. Going to try 1.06 today.

the stupid fix for a lot of these is to wait an hour, repeat. It works for a things like quest people that won't talk, some missing merchants also.

Nope doesn't work, lots of people with the bug have tried and on the Witcher Tech forum (which I'am also on), CDPR is aware of the glitch/bug. Just a matter of when they will address the bug in the upcoming future patches.

Nope doesn't work, lots of people with the bug have tried and on the Witcher Tech forum (which I'am also on), CDPR is aware of the glitch/bug. Just a matter of when they will address the bug in the upcoming future patches.
Sucks. Dunno what to tell you. It's a little weird to hear people having random problems with quests like that.

Anyway started a new save. Completed the game already and I found out that I imported the wrong save from Witcher 2. Also there was too many bugged quests that I had in Novigrad (could not interact with Walter who just bangs on the door and tells Geralt to plough himself, few bugged contracts and the Swords and Dumplings quest). This also gives me a good opportunity to brew the Swallow potion I failed to do so in the first story run I did for Lena.

Its all level 1 again for Geralt no more level 38. :(

Have you seen the size of the game and how well it has been done?
They could have waited a month and released all the patches in one go.
But they did much better by releasing them as soon as they could.

My god I wish more developers did this. Letting bugs fester is a sure-fire way to create a hell of a lot of resentment towards you and your products.

DLC for later this week
BKiEPaT.png

YES! Wolf School Gear. Finally. For those that have been asleep or just didn't know, Geralt is OG Wolf School. Now let's hope they don't look like puffy court jester duds, as so many of the other 'armors' do.

Cool that there's a skin for Triss, but she's in and out of the game so fast you barely see her. Hell, the "quest date" with Keira Metz exploring those catacombs is more time than all of the Triss encounters combined.

Which also reminds me: There is very little of Skyrim that I miss when I play Witcher 3. But one thing I do miss is the companion system. I know Witchers are solitary by nature, but the quests with tag-along NPC's have been the most fun - the banter, the bit of help they provide during combat.

Last edited:
I am thinking that his Wolf School gear will look similar to his black/riveted leather looking armor that is iconic for him.

I am thinking that his Wolf School gear will look similar to his black/riveted leather looking armor that is iconic for him.

Yep. And actually his starting armor is wolf school even though I don't think its described as such.

6 patches now and still no fix for the Gangs of Novigrad quest??

in addition to the other ones i mentioned in this thread, i also have this problem.

it says something 2/3, and i go to its location but theres just nothing.

Yes its the same persisting bug as the Swords and Dumplings secondary quest. Only fix right now is trying different meditation times or reloading from a previous save.

Or you can do what I did today.

1. Start a new fresh save with the latest 1.06 patch installed.
2. Wait for a patch.

Holy cow, you can hit lvl 70?! WTF do you even need such a lvl for?

You basically rape everything at lvl 30. I know I did.

I have found all the caches, done all the level appropriate missions (to 22), I am level 25 currently at kaer morhen. How far am I?

As for caches.... finding them all is for the most part a waste of time. finding anything I could use was pretty rare.
They are great for runes, materials and glyphs. Probably after you stop getting blueprints/formulas they become unnecessary.

skellega is easier than the rest of the world, you can just hit ? after ? and it does not matter if you are 400 lbs.
Selling the loot afterwards becomes the pain, as it will despawn after a day if dropped. The swimming "combat" is probably the weakest aspect of the game.

If I was to replay the game I would probably skip the exploring and stick strictly to missions (aside from the ?s I directly encounter)

I tried using crossbow with the infinite weak bolts to nail water monsters while on land
It would have been quicker fishing.
So I just ignore them and get the treasure anyway.
I'm only level 7, they arent really a challenge to swim past.

I have found all the caches, done all the level appropriate missions (to 22), I am level 25 currently at kaer morhen. How far am I?

kaer morhen concludes the second to last act. so 3/4 in for you after you're done with kaer morhen. also the story there gives about 4-5 levels worth of exp :D

Enemies in water is a joke. Almost always get one shotted by the crossbow.

Truthfully, the game isn't that hard... you can beat almost everything when you hit around lvl 25ish. Only thing I wasn't able to defeat was the lvl 30ish werewolf but that's because he heals more than I can realistically do damage.

I can't imagine how many enemies you have to kill to get to lvl 70 though, seems overly extreme.

Enemies in water is a joke. Almost always get one shotted by the crossbow.

Truthfully, the game isn't that hard... you can beat almost everything when you hit around lvl 25ish. Only thing I wasn't able to defeat was the lvl 30ish werewolf but that's because he heals more than I can realistically do damage.

I can't imagine how many enemies you have to kill to get to lvl 70 though, seems overly extreme.

You playing at max difficulty?

I'm not that far, but I'm finding that the levels of enemies don't really matter on the normal difficulty. At least up to a certain point. For instance, at level 3 and 4 I've had little to no issues dealing with enemies that are level 10. Anyone familiar with the Souls games would probably agree. They might take a while to kill, but the typical dodge, counter, re-cast quen seems to work.
The catch is - killing enemies doesn't seem to give you much XP. At first started trying to level up by killing stronger enemies, but it barely seems to matter.
Does increasing the difficulty of the game affect XP or does it just make the game more challenging?

XP is 2000 per level, it does not change, so you get XP by doing quest related stuff, not grinding enemies. I think some do give xp, but not much.

You playing at max difficulty?

Yup. as far as i can tell, difficulty only affect how much enemies heal and how much damage they do... but I only tried one battle at 2nd to highest difficulty before I restarted on max dif. As long as I'm around 4 or 5 lvls in range of the monster I can kill it, unless I mess up, but after playing through the game, you tend to get better so that happens less.

I also play Signs. When I hit around lvl 20, I had +200% intensity for basically all signs. When I hit 30 (mastercraft griffin) it was +300 and it was game over. Even guards die by my igni. Granted... My igni is probably closer to 370% or more... I need to recheck to confirm what it's at.

Yeah, seems a bit strange but the crossbow is how you fight under water. Would make more sense to use your sword as a spear/harpoon.

So, is there much point to fighting random enemies that aren't quest related? I know they can give you random supplies and a little spare change, but is that really it?

So, is there much point to fighting random enemies that aren't quest related? I know they can give you random supplies and a little spare change, but is that really it?

Pretty much.

If you hit bandit camps, abandoned sites and other more obvious situations like that the fights are more worthwhile.

Yup. as far as i can tell, difficulty only affect how much enemies heal and how much damage they do... but I only tried one battle at 2nd to highest difficulty before I restarted on max dif. As long as I'm around 4 or 5 lvls in range of the monster I can kill it, unless I mess up, but after playing through the game, you tend to get better so that happens less.

I also play Signs. When I hit around lvl 20, I had +200% intensity for basically all signs. When I hit 30 (mastercraft griffin) it was +300 and it was game over. Even guards die by my igni. Granted... My igni is probably closer to 370% or more... I need to recheck to confirm what it's at.

Beastly. You're toasting fools with igni boosted like that!

What I want to ask though... are any of the ? that aren't on the bigger lands in Skellige worth it? I already went to most of the big land ones, but still got a lot of the small island and sea ? left, but from the ones I went to it's mostly trashy treasures.

I REALLY wish this game would either allow you to mark the map or automatically mark what is at a ? specifically once you discover it. I found several locations with monsters that are way higher than me (10+ levels) but you just have to remember which locations are too high, and by how much? Kind of lame.

there is no level cap, confirmed via twitter by a developer a couple of weeks back

Wrong nobody confirmed it on twitter, Geralts max level cap is level 70, hard fact. Used a trainer to get to max and I can't level up anymore.

They said they might expand it to level 100 in the future expansions. There is no difference between a level 70 and level 30 Geralt, only difference is slight increase in health and skill points you can use to unlock character skill attributes.To get to level 70 the proper way without trainers or console commands you pretty much have to complete every quest/side quest in the game to 100%.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2015/05/21/the-witcher-3-how-to-level-up-fast.htm

I also agree that this game is too easy, given that you dodge and strike at the right times and use the appropriate sign, every boss or monster is easy to kill.

Witcher 1 was much more difficult.

Last edited:
I REALLY wish this game would either allow you to mark the map or automatically mark what is at a ? specifically once you discover it. I found several locations with monsters that are way higher than me (10+ levels) but you just have to remember which locations are too high, and by how much? Kind of lame.

For me, if I kill whatever monster at the site, the ? turns gray. Only undiscovered locations with loot still to be had stays white on the map. Caves are the only ones that remain white for me, unless the cave also had the skull marker indicating trasure. Once that is looted, it turns gray like the rest of them.

And the DLCs are out.... sorta. Triss Alt is having issues dling or they haven't fully uploaded it yet.

Anyone get the base set of wolf armor yet? Perhaps, has locations (screenshots) of it? :) Hattori's quest is level 24, I'm 15, and he sells the base diagram. Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3a3vm7/where_is_the_wolf_school_scavenger_hunt_quest/

Here's a thread discussing the new armor. Of course, no one actually tells you what you want to know - the location of the base set. It's kind of a shitty situation if you're below the level requirement to do "of swords and dumplings" to get the base diagram from Hattori.

Last edited:
I got it...

Base is in the little area in Kaer Morhen it's a tower. You can get the maps for it from vendors... got mine from Kaer Trolde I think, Also, I think Hattori has a map too.

I'm missing enhanced diagrams so I haven't made it yet though.

And my igni sign stat if any one cares... base is 229% + 35% from sword + 25% from mutagen skill + 70 from runes + 45% from adrenaline... So 404% when I'm going full sign. or subtract 35 if I don't want to do adrenaline.

EDIT: Ah... the part 2 is in Lindenvale... gotta take a look later.

Back