The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

no idea what you guys are talking about, ran into tight spots when i sold something by accident and had to rebuy it for way too much. but other than that, its been easy going moneywise. you can always craft repair kits and repair youself which is a lot cheaper. and sell to the right vendors. dont sell your armor to some vegetable merchant for fucks sake. gotta RP in this game man

The farmer knows way more about swords man.

No problems making money here, either. Doing my best to loot what I can as I go along does me just fine. I always keep my gear repaired, and at level 13 have probably spent around 3,000-4,000 crowns on gear from merchants... and probably sitting on around 1,000 in game right now.

One thing that helps, find the banker in Novigrad. Didn't realize that was a thing until just recently. You can trade in your useless orens for crowns. Also, if your really strapped you can get a loan.

..... well then they shouldnt have said before the weekend that ITS 100% monday for PC.

dont promise shit if you cant do it. i just want to finish the game when its not broken.

They didn't say "100% on monday". And I'd rather have them fix whatever they found needed more tweaking than release a buggy patch, even if they *had* said "100% on monday". A developer being transparent enough to share when they're HOPING to release a patch, then being honest enough to say "crap it needs more work but we're trying to get it out ASAP" is much better than a developer that gives non-responses to avoid backlash from angry nerds. The important thing is they are communicating.

They didn't say "100% on monday". And I'd rather have them fix whatever they found needed more tweaking than release a buggy patch, even if they *had* said "100% on monday". A developer being transparent enough to share when they're HOPING to release a patch, then being honest enough to say "crap it needs more work but we're trying to get it out ASAP" is much better than a developer that gives non-responses to avoid backlash from angry nerds. The important thing is they are communicating.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/604304957462986752

^ "Working on fixing the "No XP" bug. Hotfix coming Monday for PC, consoles will follow shortly. Details on our forums"

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...-1-04-release-estimates-and-details-revealed/

http://gearnuke.com/witcher-3-patch-1-05-pc-monday-patch-1-04-ps4xbo-fixes-detailed/

saying and hoping are two different things. They said monday. Thats why theyre apologizing now.

Sure, they're better than other developers in terms of communicating. But I like the game so much I want to continue playing. according to my gog client i havent touched it in over a week, since the XP bug was discovered.

They know it would be even worse if they rushed that patch out and it made more problems than it solved.

I know it's annoying but I'd rather see that then have it go the other way and then you watch the patch get "pulled back" and a bigger mess is had.

But I like the game so much I want to continue playing. according to my gog client i havent touched it in over a week, since the XP bug was discovered.

I wouldn't let that stop you from playing. Just keep an eye on your xp total as you do things and save often. I haven't had any noticeable xp issues myself, though its always possible I will hit it at some point before the patch.

I couldn't go 2 days without playing, nevermind a week. You've got much more willpower than I do. ;)

Eh, please be a bit more specific on how or why?

The way I play is to not have to worry about if I'm going to be too OP or too ahead of where I should be. This is an issue with RPGS now adays. It's not necessarily freedom to do everything you want, it's a somewhat flawed concept.

To search and destroy or to hunt, explore, loot treasures etc.... these are all at your disposal to essentially find at anytime. But when you have all these things that add on to your experience bar/level, you become a higher level than recommended. It makes the game less rewarding when you finally do the main quests.

Some of you may say, stick to the main quests more. Sure, but then again, some secondary quests vanish or are failed if you carry too far along.

It just doesn't make sense to have an abundance of things to do and essentially you can't do them all with out being at a higher level than the main story.

I guess things could have been a bit more linear until mid to end game, or have a different kind of reward instead of XP.

If you do the math, if you finish everything in game. Do you think you'll be behind, ahead or just about where the end game is?

I will say though, I am more than satisfied on every other aspect of the game.

That has everything to do with the amount of content for each level tier, almost nothing to do with level scaling.

Level scaling just means you never perceptibly get more powerful in comparison to the world around you. If leveling doesn't make your character more powerful than the enemies you encountered earlier in the game, why have levels in the first place? It's a core concept of a RPG to level up and become more powerful. Otherwise it's an action adventure game with swords.

Some things will become trivial if your outlevel it, other things will be incredibly hard until you become powerful enough.

All I see is that this game has more content for levels 1-20 than it does for the rest of the spectrum. It could use a little tweak.

Haven't encountered the XP bug here...only level 7 or so though, haven't had a lot of time to play.

The worst experience I had with level scaling was oblivion. I thought it was cool to sneak, run and jump through the world, essentially not doing much but leveling up fairly fast. Since none of these were combat skills... lets say I had a really hard time in the dungeons since monsters were fighting way beyond my combat level.

lol try pissing off one of the Witch hunter or Redania guards in Novigrad by drawing your sword. One shot kill bs. I'm a level 34 and they are level 43, one of there hits inflicted on me cost me 3200+ hit point damage, complete bs. Oh and they can not be looted. Also I started using a trainer for coins halfway through the game I had like 980000 coin and after getting killed by the guards I had 280000 left was like wtf.

Last edited:
Ladies of the Wood question. Minor spoilers below.

In the cutscene where Ciri escapes the witches, am I supposed to see the evil spirit that I freed in the background AKA the red eyed horse?

Because I saw the horse run by in the background as Ciri was running away which made no sense given the timeline. Ciri's scene was a flashback so the red eyed horse didn't even exist yet.

Did anyone else see the horse in that cutscene? Or was the horse just randomly wandering around and it's just a coincidence that it "photo bombed" the cutscene?"

What? I might've missed something but it was so long ago as I've completed the game now but I don't remember coming across a red eyed horse when Ciri ran away.

lol try pissing off one of the Witch hunter or Redania guards in Novigrad by drawing your sword. One shot kill bs. I'm a level 34 and they are level 43, one of there hits inflicted on me cost me 3200+ hit point damage, complete bs. Oh and they can not be looted. Also I started using a trainer for coins halfway through the game I had like 980000 coin and after getting killed by the guards I had 280000 left was like wtf.

Here's how you kill them, if you want. But I've never seen a drop. And from the looks of it, they are always a number of lvls above you. Cuz they are lvl 34 when I'm lvl 20.

But anyway, Draw them into a part of town with no patrols, if you don't more will come upon you and you'll be surrounded and killed.

Then do this. Power attack, dodge back, Power Attack, dodge back.... rince and repeat. Apply Quen when neccessary, it'll allow you to mess once a Quen. All humans can be beaten this way.

Obviously, hangman and chance to burn/poison may help. Not that I've ever managed to burn or poison them, but I never used weapons that do so.

Still they've never done as much damage as the lvl 20 leshen when I was lvl 6. That guy did 11k damage on me. And I couldn't visibly hurt him. Life bar didn't seem to budge.

Where do I find the quests for all the witcher gear? Do I find them through quests or just randomly wandering the map, or I guess going to all the question marks on my map? Thanks.

you can randomly wander the map. Contracts sometimes have the same area as the witcher gear. And Vendors sell maps that unlock the quests.

Where do I find the quests for all the witcher gear? Do I find them through quests or just randomly wandering the map, or I guess going to all the question marks on my map? Thanks.

Witcher gear is crafted, you can find the quests that lead to Witcher gear by either finding a diagram piece or finding a map , these maps can also be found on some merchants, so that's why it's always a good idea to check with every new merchant you come across for any maps or anything they might have.

What? I might've missed something but it was so long ago as I've completed the game now but I don't remember coming across a red eyed horse when Ciri ran away.

Did you free the evil spirit in the tree? It must've been a hilarious coincidence. When you free the spirit, it takes over the body of a black horse and runs away. Sometime later, I triggered the scene with Ciri running away from the witches. It is here that I saw the same black horse just randomly run by in the background. I had to do a double take because it made no sense. It was a paradox!

Anyone do the quest "Strangers in a Strange Land" yet? FFS, worst quest in the game. It's incredibly hamfisted, and quite frankly, I'm pretty annoyed they actually did what they did.

It's not even the fact that Geralt actually got knocked out by two random losers. But that also grinds my gears. It's that the 2 guys are invincible until Jorund dies. I've actually managed to get un in time to "save" Jorund. Jorund is completely and utterly un-saveable. You can kill hitting those 2 fags, and they'll never die.

Then they made it so you can't fight the town, not that it's in line with his character, but damn it, after such a forced lost, they force you into another situation. Then, although I haven't tried to do it multiple times, it seems they force you again to do final part of the quest that gets you the Dream Cave quest.

Did you free the evil spirit in the tree? It must've been a hilarious coincidence. When you free the spirit, it takes over the body of a black horse and runs away. Sometime later, I triggered the scene with Ciri running away from the witches. It is here that I saw the same black horse just randomly run by in the background. I had to do a double take because it made no sense. It was a paradox!

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I felt bad that the village got destroyed.. I was like oh thats sad anna died but not really realizing it was my fault and then the baron hangs himself and im like damn this is dark.. and then it recaps what happened in the cutscene and I was like shiiiiiiiit..... my bad. But when I googled the result if I killed the spirit its still pretty bad, personally I'd rather the baron wife beater dies than the children.. both are dark as hell though.

Here's how you kill them, if you want. But I've never seen a drop. And from the looks of it, they are always a number of lvls above you. Cuz they are lvl 34 when I'm lvl 20.

But anyway, Draw them into a part of town with no patrols, if you don't more will come upon you and you'll be surrounded and killed.

Then do this. Power attack, dodge back, Power Attack, dodge back.... rince and repeat. Apply Quen when neccessary, it'll allow you to mess once a Quen. All humans can be beaten this way.

Obviously, hangman and chance to burn/poison may help. Not that I've ever managed to burn or poison them, but I never used weapons that do so.

Still they've never done as much damage as the lvl 20 leshen when I was lvl 6. That guy did 11k damage on me. And I couldn't visibly hurt him. Life bar didn't seem to budge.

Found a new way to kill them, hold down your attack mouse button and Geralt will continuously spin around with the sword doing fast attacks, doesn't give time for the guards to attack at all. Try it.

The attack, dodge thing doesn't work because they have an insane amount of stamina and block/parry all your strong attacks. Then another guard will come from the side and two shot me.

Nope, I didn't free the spirit because that means in a way you fail the Baron quest. If you do kill the spirit and Anna doesn't die you get a good ending for the surroundings in Velen, i.e Anna survives and Baron takes up in the mountains to see a healer.

I can't wait for the Expansion Pass to come out. Just read the description on GOG:

About: The Expansion Pass secures your access to two epic adventures set in the vibrant world of monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.

More hours worth of gameplay WOOT.

Found a new way to kill them, hold down your attack mouse button and Geralt will continuously spin around with the sword doing fast attacks, doesn't give time for the guards to attack at all. Try it.

The attack, dodge thing doesn't work because they have an insane amount of stamina and block/parry all your strong attacks. Then another guard will come from the side and two shot me.

I actually have tried that, but I got oneshotted once by a really quick hit, so I never did that again.

And it does work, after backing up, and Strong attack, it'll go through their defense.

EDIT: actually you know what... I think I remember better what happened now. What you said, probably works with swordsman guard. But it's completely useless against a pikeman which can instantly go into defense parry mode.

Last edited:
This is embarrassing but: Does anyone else have problems getting Geralt to jump and climb out of a pit or hole in the ground of some kind?

I'm stuck in a quest because the only way to get back out is to jump/climb up the way you went and I just can't make it happen.

This is a secondary quest: Redania's Most Wanted... search Phillipa's hideout... you go through some portals, get some power cells to get to her...at one point you talk to a witch hunter and then jump down into this tunnel to get one of these power cells and then you have to jump back up and out and I just can't do it to save my life.

This is the second time in the game I've been in this situation where I simply can't get Geralt to do it. What's the missing technique here?

I'll show you exactly where I'm stuck in this guy's youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo2ZfzynLdE

Watch from the 12:56 mark to the 13:03 mark. Should be that simple, right? Not for me. This is the second area in the game I've had a problem just like this.

What am I doing wrong? How do you get him to simply reach up, grab, and climb? It can't be this hard.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71886805

Maybe it's a bug. This is the problem I have. Great.

Well...heads up everyone!

Last edited:
You have to just jump at the ledge and it should auto grab if you are allowed to grab a ledge.

Yes...that's how it should be and how I thought it was. I think I recall even doing it before in the game but all of a sudden I've had problems.

I've used both KBM and controller to no avail.

It may very well be a bug.

I've looked around abroad and I do see a smattering of complaints from people that match mine.

Anyone tell me, should you do Kiera's questline before or after you finish Ladies in the woods/Bloody baron's questline? Just wondering if they interetwine or affect each other.

Anyone tell me, should you do Kiera's questline before or after you finish Ladies in the woods/Bloody baron's questline? Just wondering if they interetwine or affect each other.

don't think they are linked any way, but she has a useful lantern. I did it first

Yes...that's how it should be and how I thought it was. I think I recall even doing it before in the game but all of a sudden I've had problems.

I was unable to climb boats but then I found it is just being next to them and hitting space. for ledges I have found you can also run/jump for a faster climb (in case you are racing)

They're separate. You can go back to Keira's questline a lot further on, actually.

This is embarrassing but: Does anyone else have problems getting Geralt to jump and climb out of a pit or hole in the ground of some kind?

I'm stuck in a quest because the only way to get back out is to jump/climb up the way you went and I just can't make it happen.

This is a secondary quest: Redania's Most Wanted... search Phillipa's hideout... you go through some portals, get some power cells to get to her...at one point you talk to a witch hunter and then jump down into this tunnel to get one of these power cells and then you have to jump back up and out and I just can't do it to save my life.

This is the second time in the game I've been in this situation where I simply can't get Geralt to do it. What's the missing technique here?

I'll show you exactly where I'm stuck in this guy's youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo2ZfzynLdE

Watch from the 12:56 mark to the 13:03 mark. Should be that simple, right? Not for me. This is the second area in the game I've had a problem just like this.

What am I doing wrong? How do you get him to simply reach up, grab, and climb? It can't be this hard.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71886805

Maybe it's a bug. This is the problem I have. Great.

Well...heads up everyone!

Never had any problems except you hit space to automatically climb onto a ledge not E or whatever. Not sure if that helps?

They're separate. You can go back to Keira's questline a lot further on, actually.

Yeah and you get happy time if you complete all her quests. Without spoiling anything don't turn her into an enemy because she contributes to one of the later quests in Kaer Morhen.

Its hold space to grab onto ledges, though sometimes pressing it (as in the jump alone) suffices.

Its hold space to grab onto ledges, though sometimes pressing it (as in the jump alone) suffices.

I'll take the blame on myself for burn out or hitting the panic button but I came at it fresh this morning and I stood there and I held E and space at the same time and it took. It is *very* specific and particular. Finicky.

Strange. I don't remember doing that before but hey...whatever works!

Last edited:
Yeah and you get happy time if you complete all her quests. Without spoiling anything don't turn her into an enemy because she contributes to one of the later quests in Kaer Morhen.

Oh, well.....

In my current playthrough, she's a corpse atm. :eek:

I'm curious--can you kill anyone in this game? like go into a town and just wipe it out?

No. You can't kill kids, and afaik, you can't just go on a killing spree. Or else there would be at least a couple of dead kids on Geralt's hand in my game. And your attacks don't affect random people, and if you try to attack them, you'll just make a threatening gesture.

After you beat the game can you still play in the world? Just curious if I should go on mass killing before I finish or I'll have time to do village raiding after I beat it.

people have said you can continue questing, although your buddies disappear.

and the not killing kids thing.... has been mostly standard in video games for years, because killing kids is bad, vs killing everything else that moves

She's toast for me too. I did get some "happy time" though before offing her. Oh well, everybody's game will be different I figure.

That's what I love in this game... I see myself doing a lot of playthroughs, to experiment. I know one thing - next time, I'll put those 3 points in "suggestion" sign, to get some changes in few important quest conversations.

Was tempted to reload, buy respecc and change few things. But I'm not spoiling myself the game. I'm living with my choices, writing them down, and next playtthrough will get me something else.

So many options, so many changes to influence playthrough, other RPGs feel so dumb and devoided of any sort of player's influx on the plot :)

Back