The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Are they ever planning on fixing the movement controls? I wonder if they're even aware of it?

Specifically, the god awful delay between pressing forward and having your character run. Even happens on the horse.

Press forward.
Character starts walking.
A second later, character starts running.

Does this not bother anyone else??

BTW... played a bit of English version. This game looses then so much humor and great names of monsters. It's like playing adventure game based heavily on English idioms, translated to my language

unfortunately
polish witcher is like GRRM game of thrones
english witcher is like HBO game of thrones

I still enjoy it though. I wish however the polish language was available along with english text, I find it interesting to listen to games in different languages for a different experience.

Are they ever planning on fixing the movement controls? I wonder if they're even aware of it?

Specifically, the god awful delay between pressing forward and having your character run. Even happens on the horse.

Press forward.

yes, I think it is a result of a "dead zone" implementation for controllers. The action would be much better with FPS type instant movement

Press forward.

yes, I think it is a result of a "dead zone" implementation for controllers. The action would be much better with FPS type instant movement

Nah, I don't think it's that. It's just as "dead" with a controller. It doesn't bother me all that much, really. The general movement. There is a thing where you stop running as you approach an enemy to get into combat stance, which makes doing a running charge at an archer annoying sometimes.

A delay that does bother me is the one that comes after a cutscene or load-in. Usually the enemy is about to whack you in the face, and there's a good second where you can't do anything.

They need to fix the stopping motion as well.

You can still have "transition" animations to mimic a character working to a full sprint and a character coming to a quick stop (a quick little slide with his foot that shows there's weight to the character wtihout actually affecting the time he stops).

The controls need to be more precise when running, I have fallen off things a few times because I ran toward the edge and even though I "stopped" pressing the run button before I got near the edge Geralt takes a few steps ahead even after you've stopped inputting the command to move.

It feels like old school Prince of Persia in regards to the movement controls.

so any new quests picked up in 1.04 dont give experience? fucking hell, thats annoying. no witcherweekend for me

so any new quests picked up in 1.04 dont give experience? fucking hell, thats annoying. no witcherweekend for me

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42937-Addressing-the-no-XP-Glitch?p=1718751#post1718751

Your mileage may vary. I have been picking up XP steadily and have not experienced any weirdness associated with it. With the rapid pace of patches (on PC) I would not be overly worried. Just keep an eye on the quests (if their names are in gray in the log) and if something weird happens when the quest is completed (i.e. no XP text popup).

Haven't ran into this bug myself - and I've been playing the hell out of this game since 1.04 (had the week off :D)

Any word on what triggers the bug?

edit: just saw ghostwich's post. If 'grey' quests aren't giving exp I really don't mind....I'm actually overleveled right now (bumping up the difficulty to compensate). The game exp gain balance isn't really designed for players to do 90% of the quests they run across it seems.

And really, the quests are SO DAMN GOOD I just can't pass them up.

Last edited:
When you complete a quest, keep an eye on the left-side of your screen and make sure you see the "XP RECEIVED" text pop-up. If you don't see anything, then you're bugged.
Gray quests and scavenger hunts intentionally do not reward XP.

Make sure you save often.

The XP bug is only suppose to happen if you did a quest that was 6 levels lower or more than your current level, otherwise you do get XP.

The XP bug is only suppose to happen if you did a quest that was 6 levels lower or more than your current level, otherwise you do get XP.

And FWIW I did several "grey" quests last night that were 6+ levels lower just to get them off the board, and still got XP, so perhaps its only specific quests that are affected.

You sure you will have enough time to complete all 36 endings before the next one comes out?
I'd get started now!

I'm going to wait a couple of months before touching this game, let everyone figure out the best settings, bugs, etc :D

This game is more than playable right now.

Are you sure it's not the "I'm going to wait till the game is $20 to save some money" method? :)

Your timing's off. Some attacks (especially counter-attacks) are simply faster, you have to expect them because the window to dodge/roll is so small. There's a skill or two that can help you with that, actually.

You're talking about the reduce damage skill right? I did think about that, but I'm going full signs.

And I get that you have to dodge the right way, but I can't seem to find it. I'm not saying there isn't just yet but it does seems like there isn't a "right" way and it just depends on luck.

Fighting most other things are pretty easy though, only Basilisk and Griffins have that charge* move that gives me trouble. Aside from them, the enemies that I can only nick with my swords give me problems. Mainly because it means they are way higher level and so i have to spend like 20 minutes to fight one of them, and I'm bound to make a mistake that'll kill me.

Last edited:
Anyone have trouble opening the sealed wall in the Wandering in the Dark act to go after the sword behind the wall in the elf's workshop? I cannot push the 2nd wall open at all... its blocking the cave...

Anyone have trouble opening the sealed wall in the Wandering in the Dark act to go after the sword behind the wall in the elf's workshop? I cannot push the 2nd wall open at all... its blocking the cave...

Is that after you used Witcher senses to find clues about Ciri in his workshop and Keira gives you a stone to take down illusions?

By the way, in case anyone didn't know this NOT having it on full screen (mine defaults to borderless for god knows why) kills performance and for me causes stuttering even if I'm at 60 FPS. Having it on full screen it's smooth.

You're talking about the reduce damage skill right? I did think about that, but I'm going full signs.

And I get that you have to dodge the right way, but I can't seem to find it. I'm not saying there isn't just yet but it does seems like there isn't a "right" way and it just depends on luck.

Fighting most other things are pretty easy though, only Basilisk and Griffins have that charge* move that gives me trouble. Aside from them, the enemies that I can only nick with my swords give me problems. Mainly because it means they are way higher level and so i have to spend like 20 minutes to fight one of them, and I'm bound to make a mistake that'll kill me.

That skill tree, and the Trial of the Grasses skill tree in alchemy. The latter one gets you slo-mo on their counter-attack while potion toxicity is above 0. Some attacks you can only roll out of the way of, if by dodge you mean the dodge only. Usually when they charge they will do a thing to "charge it up", so it's a matter of trial and error. On most enemies you can also interrupt their charge with your signs, too, though some will blow right through them. If you're going full-signs, upgrading axii is also a good option because you can use that as a guaranteed interrupt as well on most enemies.

Edit: Some charge moves enemies use are "chase charges" as well, they will only fully commit at the last moment, so if you dodge or roll too early they will still lock onto you.

Does Axii work on those charges? I've never tried, because against other skull red enemies, it only does a slowdown, and the slowdown lasts for .000001 second. It's almost like they were unaffected. I'll give that a shot next time I fight something like that... Though I think I've killed almost all of those. I think I only have an Arch Griffin and the Basilisk guarding treasure left.

Does Axii work on those charges? I've never tried, because against other skull red enemies, it only does a slowdown, and the slowdown lasts for .000001 second. It's almost like they were unaffected. I'll give that a shot next time I fight something like that... Though I think I've killed almost all of those. I think I only have an Arch Griffin and the Basilisk guarding treasure left.

Probably has to do with your sign intensity/level/how far you've upgraded it. What level are you, anyway? You can't be that high if you're still getting red skulls. I guess you decided to kill all of them and get it over with, huh?

How does attribute leveling work?
If you spend points on various skills, does it not apply until you drag it over to a slot on right? Meaning you can only have 12 skills max?

How does attribute leveling work?
If you spend points on various skills, does it not apply until you drag it over to a slot on right? Meaning you can only have 12 skills max?

You can only use 12 at the same time, yeah.

Personally I only use Quen and if dealing with Wraiths I use Yarden (trap) since that makes killing them faster. On rare occasion use Axii if someone has a shield because it's the most efficient way to kill shield holders. In my experience Ingi is near useless even on creatures that are susceptible to fire, and Aard doesn't seem to do much at all but let me open doors and loose walls. I recommend maxing the Quen hold shield, as you can recover health with each hit to the bubble you put up. I rarely if ever have to eat food during a fight. I just attack, and if I get low on health, I hold up a quen shield and let them hit me till it pops and I can get more health than eating something. I usually keep at least one enemy alive at the end so I can recover to full health using Quen before I dispatch it. I am building a light armor character cause I prefer to dodge then do rapid fire strikes.

One thing I kind of don't like is you can't apply oils during battle. I usually don't know what I am facing till I already run into it, then it's too late to apply anything. I get the logic behind it but at the same time unless you were stalking something you're blade is uncoated when you are fighting it which means you aren't fighting effectively as you could be.

Personally I only use Quen and if dealing with Wraiths I use Yarden (trap) since that makes killing them faster. On rare occasion use Axii if someone has a shield because it's the most efficient way to kill shield holders. In my experience Ingi is near useless even on creatures that are susceptible to fire, and Aard doesn't seem to do much at all but let me open doors and loose walls. I recommend maxing the Quen hold shield, as you can recover health with each hit to the bubble you put up. I rarely if ever have to eat food during a fight. I just attack, and if I get low on health, I hold up a quen shield and let them hit me till it pops and I can get more health than eating something. I usually keep at least one enemy alive at the end so I can recover to full health using Quen before I dispatch it. I am building a light armor character cause I prefer to dodge then do rapid fire strikes.

One thing I kind of don't like is you can't apply oils during battle. I usually don't know what I am facing till I already run into it, then it's too late to apply anything. I get the logic behind it but at the same time unless you were stalking something you're blade is uncoated when you are fighting it which means you aren't fighting effectively as you could be.

Igni's great when you have your sign intensity boosted. Greater than 50% chance to set them on fire and it's a very effective crowd control and boss killer all in one sign. Burn/poison effects do percentage damage so they can end up doing way more damage than the initial attack, and in the meantime the creature can't do anything to you. One thing to note, though, is that hitting an enemy that's on fire actually puts them out, so let them burn to get the maximum amount of damage for your money.

I kind of agree with you on the oil part, but most of the time you can figure out what kind of enemy you're going to be fighting from the quest notes or general lore that you pick up during the game. And if not you can always burn them. :D

cleaning up, was doing an armored arachnid some7 levels higher. Slow going. Then what the hell, lets buff igni and the firestream, I had the points. So I maxed those. 3 attacks later it was dead. So to say igni does not do much.... well, I think I am going to try a medium build.

edit: wow, just added active shield. that is a game winner combo

Last edited:

AARD is much more useful than for opening doors. Knock enemies down and it's an instakill when you move in and hit fast attack.

Really all the signs are great with the right approach and enough points in them, and enough rune stones to buff them. GRIFFIN armor also really buffs signs.

YRDEN is my favorite sign. the slow helps with every bossfight and huge amounts of enemies too. Yrden is love, Yrden is life! trust me

YRDEN is my favorite sign. the slow helps with every bossfight and huge amounts of enemies too. Yrden is love, Yrden is life! trust me

xxx-50242271884.gif

My buddy just picked up an MSI gaming laptop.

It has a 680m gpu, anyone know how this will perform for TW3?

Last edited:
with that wealth of info my best sarcastic answer would be "really hot" and "not for long" if its unplugged.

anyone else going feline armor set with griffin swords? also going hybrid sign and combat

Probably has to do with your sign intensity/level/how far you've upgraded it. What level are you, anyway? You can't be that high if you're still getting red skulls. I guess you decided to kill all of them and get it over with, huh?

For the most part yea... though that was when I was at like lvl 12-15. I'm lvl 20 now. So fewer red skulls around. My sign intensity is 140 when I wear griffin armor, and 100-120 ish, when I wear other armors. But it seems intensity don't matter as much as level. If enemies are higher than you, they just won't be affected nearly as much.

I like to challenge anything I come across. I've managed to kill most things, unless they have moves I find really hard to avoid or moves that can one hit me disregarding Quen. If they are a green enemy, I can literally stand there and igni them to death, with nary a motion, unless there is a swarm. Battles become retardedly easy at that point. =/

anyone else going feline armor set with griffin swords? also going hybrid sign and combat
I'm using Feline armor/Griffin swords more or less right now. My main set will be Griffin though. It's just I've outlvled Enhanced Griffin armor. I really wish you could mod the original armor, it seriously looks the best out of all these armors. Though I haven't worn Ursine yet. I'm planning to get the perk that raises intensity per medium armor piece too for a nice 20% intensity boost. Just too lazy, to do so right now. I wonder if it's worth it though... or if I should just put a blue mutagen at the end with 3 blue skills. That way I get stamina regen as well.
My buddy just picked up an MSI gaming laptop.

It has a 680m gpu, anyone know how this will perform for TW3?

I'm running on 660m on my lappy. It runs pretty well on lowest settings, though i normally run windowed 720. Imma try 1080 but I doubt it'd be as well.

Last edited:
I lost my shit with Uma on Roach journey to Kaer Morhen.

So far there is one bugged side quest with enlisting a bodyguard for Haltori elf to craft weapons for you. It's bugged.

Back