The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

I haven't encountered any broken quests yet since day one. I know some people have, but it seems like any major problems have been fixed. I don't really see anyone complaining anymore. I think it's pretty safe to say you can jump in without having to worry about encountering any major bugs. Like I said... I havne't... and I've been playing since release. Several major patches in and you should be good to go.

cool! i will then :)

I've only had 1 broken quest (still broken after 1.06 actually), but it was a minor sidequest.

It is by far and away the most stable and least bug-ridden open world RPG I've played.

I've only had 1 broken quest (still broken after 1.06 actually), but it was a minor sidequest.

It is by far and away the most stable and least bug-ridden open world RPG I've played.

Same, "The Dead Have No Defense" quest for me. Not that it really matters, it's a random bandit squash with the twist of reading a note and opening a chest in the immediate area.

I think I've only had around 2-3 CTDs as well, which isn't much considering the amount of time I have played.

I've had no CTD and I'm creeping on 300 hours played, only bugged quest I ran into was in White Orchard and was a treasure hunt quest that wouldn't advance on my first play through, recently did that quest and it worked fine now. I did have a few choppy FMV sequences on my first play through but I think that is resolved now as well too. The game runs really good in its current state, just wish they would address the LOD and Pop-in issues.

just finished the game. guess I got a kind of ok ending. some people have gotten really shitty endings, wonder what they did....

Who choose for
Ciri to become the Empiress of Nilfguard for the ending?

I did on my 2nd playthrough
First playthrough I managed to get her to become a Witcher without knowing of the other endings.. Doing a game where she dies now though, not sure exactly how that goes down.

Last edited:
Who choose xxxxx for the ending?

JFC, spoiler tag for the love of god. Edit that shit out of there. GDI you people that constantly post spoilers with no regard for others..Can we start handing out bans for this? /rant

Last edited:
JFC, spoiler tag for the love of god. Edit that shit out of there. GDI you people that constantly post spoilers with no regard for others..Can we start handing out bans for this?

LOL, the part where Foltest comes back as a wraith was fucking hilarious.

I did on my 2nd playthrough
First playthrough I managed to get her to become a Witcher without knowing of the other endings.. Doing a game where she dies now though, not sure exactly how that goes down.

You pretty much have to baby her and tell her off. I.e 4 main decisions, one before and after the battle at Kaer Morhen, 1 at Novigrad when the Lodge of Sorceress' need to talk to her, you go in with her and last one when at the Avallac'h's hideout when you go exploring again at Skeillege with the crew, she's about to bust a nut and you tell her to calm down.

It's hard to say if she dies because this ending is up to the player to decide, she loses hope and never returns or dies battling the White Frost. Same thing with Geralts fate during this ending, whether you think he dies being killed by monsters after defeating the 3rd witch at Crookbag Bogs or he survives.

EDIT: IT WORKED HOORAH! Beat the bloody Baron in Gwent and completed the Swords and Dumplings quest without a hitch. And well worth it too with the sword gifted to me from Hattori:

Hoorah_zpsi07juhn3.png

Last edited:
level 67 sword? For the level 70 playthrough? Ok.... the game is kind of too easy anyway but that seems a bit much

Indeed...... With how easy the game can get, it's almost annoying that there aren't some scaling involved.

With a sword like that, he can probably one shot bosses.

Before I got that sword from hattori my current equipped sword is looted from some monster lair in Velen, required level 69. Cannot one shot bosses as well. I'm playing on Death March difficulty and it is not easy. Even with my high armour and damage percentage, A few hits from level 25-28 creatures and I easily die unless I use tactics such as dodging, strafing, eating food or drinking potion for vitality regeneration or maxed out quen sign.

Weapons and armour scale up depending on your level. When I was level 31 on my first playthrough I had Nilfguardian armour that required level 28 with moderate states. Now that I'm a level maxed out at 70, the same Nilfguardian armour requires level 59-65 and the states are much higher.

I know equipment scale, tested it with sword and dumpling reward.

But on shotting bosses is an exaggeration. From what I've seen most bosses/high lvl contracts, they got like around 4k ish at least. So unless their defense is utter shit, it is unlikely to killl in one shot. How much damage do you do? My hits is about 1.5 the damage on the sword, I think (it's been a while, haven't played it in a while) and I have put zero skills into weapon damage.

At level 23, on Death March, there are few things I cannot Igni to death with one blast using the Griffin armor, accompanying Griffin skill, and no swords equipped. The Elementals are really the only remaining challenge and a fully upgraded alternate Quen and Yrden makes those fights a cakewalk as well. There is still some tactics involved, but it is definitely easy to OP your opponents.

SweetFX makes the game look like over-saturated like dog shit. I'm probably one of the few that don't like it. Neat tool though.

I know equipment scale, tested it with sword and dumpling reward.

But on shotting bosses is an exaggeration. From what I've seen most bosses/high lvl contracts, they got like around 4k ish at least. So unless their defense is utter shit, it is unlikely to killl in one shot. How much damage do you do? My hits is about 1.5 the damage on the sword, I think (it's been a while, haven't played it in a while) and I have put zero skills into weapon damage.

Anywhere between 1.4-1.8k on low armor monsters, no oils no potions just plain sword hack and slash. Against high level elemental's which have high armour ratings, my hit damage infliction is anywhere between 250-600, again no sign, potion or oils used.

Beat the game......

Man..... Eredin and.... actually all the wild hunt bosses are annoying to fight. It's not too much that they're hard, but I've gotten one shotted or at least insta killed several times. And They spend a lot of their time to block so you have to wait for them to stop.

Easily the worst bosses in the game.... and I don't think much of the bosses in the game.

JFC, spoiler tag for the love of god. Edit that shit out of there. GDI you people that constantly post spoilers with no regard for others..Can we start handing out bans for this? /rant

Agreed, it is really bad in this thread. I have barely had time to play the game and yet I feel like I know the whole story already. :rolleyes: :(

Beat the game......

Man..... Eredin and.... actually all the wild hunt bosses are annoying to fight. It's not too much that they're hard, but I've gotten one shotted or at least insta killed several times. And They spend a lot of their time to block so you have to wait for them to stop.

Easily the worst bosses in the game.... and I don't think much of the bosses in the game.

LOL

I can almost one shot them. Actually I found the first wild hunt commander/boss you go against on Blue Mountains harder then Eredin himself.

I did as well, but that's more because I wasn't used to it I think. They all do almost the same thing. Teleport, cover in ice, and attack.

I've gotten one shotted and I have been hit, despite having QUEN Alt On. That part is really annoying. It wasn't just him, but when you're fighting someone who you do almost no damage to.... it really annoys ya. Then there are the weird times when you press something, and you know you did... yet still don't dodge or attack. The odd times of non responsiveness just makes me pissed off. Urgh...

Uh, Geralt, we need to talk:
key_zpsfw6f648q.png

LMAO.

The drinking cinematic in Kaer Morhen with the 3 witchers mixing spirit with elixirs and talking about their past, while making fun at each other and Vesemir was pure laugh... Best conversations I seen in video game for ages.

As I get further into the game, the scope of it is really starting to come into focus. While not as needlessly expansive as Daggerfall, I think this game might be the 2nd biggest open world game of all time...and it isn't randomized. In fact, even the quests feel more like someone actually took a few minutes to write them instead of just using a fetch quest generator.
Combat's still (easily) the weak link, but I can learn to live with it. Kind of like I did with Inquisition. I think I just wish there were more techniques by pressing different directions or holding the buttons or whatever kind of like Dark Souls.

KB/M works. I like it. But I hear controller is really good. Alt being dodge can be annoying until you get used to it. Casting magic is Q, which is a bit annoying for alt quen (one of the most useful signs) Other than that though it works well enough for me.

Combat's still (easily) the weak link, but I can learn to live with it. Kind of like I did with Inquisition. I think I just wish there were more techniques by pressing different directions or holding the buttons or whatever kind of like Dark Souls.

Witcher 1 had various combo moves, W2 didn't. Neither does 3. But W1 was much harder.

Actually I found the first wild hunt commander/boss you go against on Blue Mountains harder then Eredin himself.

Imlerith. Once he starts teleporting he's a pain. I swore a lot. That said, I just faced him earlier today in my second run, this time on Death March. He was easier the second time around, even on the harder difficulty.

I was level 25 when I faced him with Superior Griffin gear. He is easy enough during the beginning of the fight if you Igni his Ice armor off and dodge (not roll) to his left when he strikes, then get a strong + 2 quick hits in and dodge away.

When he throws his shield down and starts teleporting it's all about timing. As soon as he starts to teleport, roll (not dodge) towards him. He spawns behind you, so you'll actually be rolling away from him. You'll do this 3 times (on Death March) and then he'll get his mace stuck in the ground briefly. You have little more than a moment to get a strong hit + 2 quick in on him before you must roll away and start over. Rinse and repeat until the cut scene. It is good to have Tawny Owl for stamina regen and Swallow or Full Moon available. Quen is a good backup if you happen to mess up a roll, but timing your rolls to not get hit at all is more important. Once his life is nearly gone, he teleports so quickly there's not much time for Signs.

The thing is, they aren't hard, just really annoying to fight. It seems like they take forever to die... and it's not like they have ridiculous health, it's that you do little dmg to them. So it just feels so tedious. Then the fact that they block alot, so you have to basically wait for them to stop.

I think W3 does have combo moves if you develop that skill tree

Nope, I've unlocked everything and nada (unless I'm missing something). Only increase in damage and such. Only some signs have alternate modes.

Just finished the School of Cats treasure hunt quest, went back to Hattori and my gosh feline armour and sword's so weak.

It is light armour, so yea... of course it's weak, but you get a good boost to stamina.

Feline armor is light, Griffin is medium and Bear is heavy. Wolf looks like a medium with some compromises. If you're a heavy Sign user, then Griffin is the way to go. With its Skill perk it has as fast of Stamina regeneration as Feline and an intensity buff. At 165% over-all Sign intensity I'm melting everything but elementals and wraith with Igni. Add Yrden, Axii and Quen and the game can be comically easy by level 26. I'm at level 31 now, just crafted my Master-crafted Griffin gear and unequipped both swords. I had 11k critical hits coming off a Fiend that was 10 levels higher than me yesterday. Unless I get surprised, I don't even use health potions / food anymore (death march).

You know what though....... I found food.... regeneration in general to be useless. It's too slow. I only really use them for the sake of using them.

For healing, Quen is ridiculous. Igni destroys everything except people who can't be burned. That's all you need.

Side note - Where'd you find a lvl 36 fiend?

Another side note--- Did anyone see the old Yennefer look? Holy cow, I am so glad they changed it. She didn't look nearly as hot as she does now.

Last edited:
Back