The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

pic of my current at level 54 Geralt, with roach :p
Rdz6yxG.jpg

Geralt and his current pack of biches, now im being acused of starting a civil war in the game, oh well.. :p
A5Rc7gy.jpg

Nice ride bro... I mean the horse, but the girls aren't bad either. :)

haha thanks, a guy asked me what i wanted for reward and i said i wanted to be fast, didnt saw that coming :D
besides looking dead, he also emanates an aura of evil, this black vapor that comes out of him, its pretty cool :D

whatever you do... don't sleep with bo... eh, let you find out for yourself....

:D

nah please dont spoil it!
the thing is, i already done all sidequests and expansions, explored almost everything in the maps, now i only have the main quest going fo me :p

aw hell yeah, i think i got the coolest ending ever! bad people died, good people lived, and the whole land prospered in peace, what the hell right? :D

well, and today i started a new game, got addicted, i guess :p
for curiosity, these are the mods i used, and i recommend them for everyone, didnt had any bug
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/900/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/439/?

things out of the top of my head at the beginning are, try to not kill the blond witch after having sex with her, dont fuck things up making the baron hang himself and ruining all for everybody, dont unleash the ancient evil beneath the three because why not, this for start :p

Click the + symbol on the toolbar (left of the floppy disk / save icon) and choose SPOILER.

You can figure it out from there & see examples earlier in this thread.

Examples in this post:

https://hardforum.com/threads/the-w...icial-thread.1766275/page-131#post-1043075923

lol wtf is up with geralt in that video? also, i think i got a better ending than you and by not playing mr. niceguy, didnt watched any youtube video either for my run :p

I played as Mr. Nice Guy all the way. This time. :cool:

Please don't spoil any other endings - I've already forgotten the other youtube titles I saw.

Finally decided to buy this last night. Loving it so far.

Any mod recommendations?

Friendly Hud
Quest Objectives on Map

There are a lot of great mods, but I would recommend those 2 for sure.

I'm thinking of playing again, didn't end up finishing Blood and Wine yet since I was slightly burned out when the expansion was released since I played like 700 hours before that.

Playing it again, and enjoying every moment of it.... the mod I use is the one that gives sellers more gold, so I can actually bother with picking up stuff and selling it :)
Also, the actor who was voicing Dijkstra in Polish language version has passed this weekend, so I'm going to make D-man a king, instead of as usual, letting Nilfgaard win :)

Finally decided to buy this last night. Loving it so far.

Any mod recommendations?

Earlier in the thread...

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread | Page 131 | [H]ard|Forum

Also:
No mods are necessary... just play Vanilla for the first 20-40-80 hours.

There are 2 minor mods to fix misc clipping & close up textures to add after you "live in it" for a while.
~ they are: Nitpickers Patch + HD Reworked

Playing w/ out a HUD is glorious, but more difficult & most HUD options can tweaked in the menus.
~ I think it's Options > Video > HUD > tons of settings!!!

Friendly HUD is a tricky install, but mini-map on RT click w/ witcher senses & health bars only when you draw weapons & more.
~ makes it a lot friendlier... imagine that!
The Witcher 3 - Friendly HUD install / use

Gamechanger tip... turn "enemy level-scaling" OFF.

https://hardforum.com/threads/the-w...icial-thread.1766275/page-131#post-1043115973

I'm 140 hours in level 23 currently exploring the smaller skellige islands. (skipping the ? in open water, I luckily discovered how to acquire the island waypoints)

The playstyle that came organic to me is to explore the map and not pay too much attention to the quest log. Then after the entire map is *mostly* explored, I then work the quest log... completing all I can for that area lowest level to highest that are my level or below, with story quests being last.

Is this normal? What style have others adopted, I can't imagine just doing the main story quests... seems like you'd miss half the game?

Oh and it didn't bother me when I was losing all the time... but now that I'm finally understanding Gwent and have the cards to win, having it as my only failed quest (so far) sucks! Having to beat that guy at the ball was ridiculous! Who knew?

I'm 140 hours in level 23 currently exploring the smaller skellige islands. (skipping the ? in open water, I luckily discovered how to acquire the island waypoints)

The playstyle that came organic to me is to explore the map and not pay too much attention to the quest log. Then after the entire map is *mostly* explored, I then work the quest log... completing all I can for that area lowest level to highest that are my level or below, with story quests being last.

Is this normal? What style have others adopted, I can't imagine just doing the main story quests... seems like you'd miss half the game?

Oh and it didn't bother me when I was losing all the time... but now that I'm finally understanding Gwent and have the cards to win, having it as my only failed quest (so far) sucks! Having to beat that guy at the ball was ridiculous! Who knew?

i always prioritize sidequests and exploring in this type of game, its were the fun is, i only finish the game when theres nothing else to do, leaving the last quest for last, it feels like i really finished the game by doing this way, it gives me a nice feel of accomplishment at the end :)

Wow. What a ride. 364 hours according to steam, one playthough... absolutely stole this game for the sale price of $25.

I've been playing RPGs since Ultima and Bards Tale... played way more than my fair share, and I can honestly say without reservation this was the best RPG I have ever played. The nod to the Ultima series by being able to read the gravestones in blood and wine sealed it. Now the problem.... I've got good games in my backlog but I'm just meh.... won't be as good as the witcher...

Wow. What a ride. 364 hours according to steam, one playthough... absolutely stole this game for the sale price of $25.

I've been playing RPGs since Ultima and Bards Tale... played way more than my fair share, and I can honestly say without reservation this was the best RPG I have ever played. The nod to the Ultima series by being able to read the gravestones in blood and wine sealed it. Now the problem.... I've got good games in my backlog but I'm just meh.... won't be as good as the witcher...

After 2 full playthroughs and a NG+ under way, I'm still 20 hrs short of your time. That must have been one completely completionist completion. :notworthy:

iu

What does that mean?

Starting the game over at your current level, keeping most of your items (like weapons and armor gear for sure) except for schematics, books and letters, and monster trophies. I'm not sure about Gwent cards. Basically playing the game over again with the difficulty scaled to your level.

Thanks revenant

I had maxed out my current gear, but the Legendary blueprints that came with "New Game Plus" piqued my interest. I haven't played in a while, but I may reinstall so I can screen cap the armor.

Are there any mods that make the combat better? I love the game setting, the plot, etc. but just find the combat lacking.

It might be the build I'm using but I'm not sure.

It might be just nostalgia and old memories, but I wish the combat was like RUNE arena where each mouse button controlled a strike (left click & hold) or a block (right click & hold) and then your mouse movement controlled the direction of the strike or block, like swipe mouse from right = the same sword movement, overhead down stroke, jabs, etc. Hmmm... actually, I don't remember exactly how blocking worked, but I think I could block high / low / left / right w/ right mouse click...

This was interesting too!

Last edited:
Thanks revenant

I had maxed out my current gear, but the Legendary blueprints that came with "New Game Plus" piqued my interest. I haven't played in a while, but I may reinstall so I can screen cap the armor.

NP... yeah I did the same and then went back for another round in NG+ and did the B&W expansion during my run in NG+. What a beauty of a game.. I logged just shy of 300 hours but I still have a couple ? to hunt down I think. :)

Thanks revenant

The Griffon Armor is one of the uglier armors unfortunately, but as a heavy Sign user, it is really the only armor worth wearing. With NG+ came the Mastercrafted Legendary Armors & Swords. I only have 2 or 3 full sets, but if I ever go back to complete my current run I will have to finish collecting them.

In any respect, here are a couple screen caps. One of armor and weapons, the other of Roach:

pA419m.jpg

PwqHCi.jpg

I got 364 hours because as often as not would just jog rather than fast travel (I never used roach).... you run into and find a lot of stuff that way. Also, I did everything I could. I had every armour set (worth having) except grandmaster ursine. I went in every house that I could and took all the loot I could find. I climbed every ladder, looked under every bridge, ran down every rocky face to find a cave, and went in every abandoned cabin. I dove underwater and found caves off the beaten track, and I did every quest that came my way.

that said I know there's still tons I missed.

Last edited:
I got 364 hours because as often as not would just jog rather than fast travel (I never used roach).... you run into and find a lot of stuff that way. Also, I did everything I could. I had every armour set (worth having) except grandmaster ursine. I went in every house that I could and took all the loot I could find. I climbed every ladder, looked under every bridge, ran down every rocky face to find a cave, and went in every abandoned cabin. I dove underwater and found caves off the beaten track, and I did every quest that came my way.

that said I know there's still tons I missed.

That was my first playthrough, before all the DLC. I made sure I cleared the map and, as much as was possible, cleared the Quest queue. Collected all the blueprints and built all the (witcher) armors and weapons. I've done subsequent runs, but none and thorough as that first. Eventually I will do it again now everything is released, but I'll wait until I have a hunger for the hack n' slash before I do.

I'm absolutely in love with this game, but; does anyone else get annoyed as fuck using Roach? It just feels like the majority of the time, it's easier to just hoof it with Geralt, rather than fighting with the damn horse when it gets confused with pathing. It's probably the only aspect of the game I feel is janky as fuck.

I loved Roach. I mostly rode my horse to see more of the local scenery...

It really depended on my mood or my available time for gaming.

Sometimes, I just wanted to enjoy the ride & sometimes, I was hellbent on completing a mission & fast traveled.

Back