The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

I like Witcher 3 a lot but I do hope someone makes a combat rebalance... you can easily break it with Igni. Probably a lot of other things too. But I don't know how to do so to keep the feel but make it better.

I'm just really sad that B&W will allegedly be the last we see of Geralt, if not the entire Witcher universe, in game form. Their cyberpunk thing better be good.

Well, I am pretty sure they are not just going to pack up shop. I doubt they would do a Ciri game, she has powers and shit, but the play seemed somewhat boring. I would love to see a different fantasy game though. It may be that their licensing ran out with the author. who knows.... In their last report they had mentioned a couple of other projects. Nobody knows what that meant....

I have a feeling we will see Ciri in Cyber Punk, not as a main char or anything just in a random one off quest

I really hope we do

I wouldn't mind them doing a Witcher 4 or a 5 or a 6 even. Every successive game has been an improvement leaps and bounds above any other series in terms of achievement both in gameplay and graphics/technical.

Can't wait for Blood & Wine. Wife and I have pretty much completed everything and explored the entire map, don't have time for NG+ so we will go into B&W at level 43 with 90k in the bank, venemous viper swords and mastercrafted feline armour with greater runes/glyphs pimping it out. Full sword combat build with some igni, aard and axii as well from excess points. Should be fun times.

a new video from Cd Projekt takes a further look at the final Witcher 3 expansion Blood and Wine which is due for release on May 31st...in the video the team talk about the expansion’s new features and the new Toussaint location in which players will continue their adventure...

I love witcher

FIYLuce.png

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is "a graphics upgrade from the base game"

"It's like a fresh development," says CD Projekt Red..."80, 85, probably even 90 per cent of the assets - in terms of environment that you find in this game - are brand new...you can just look at the market stalls right now: you would never see the same market stalls in the base game...for the longest time we were like, 'I want this, I want that,' and finally we got this chance - we got this room to incorporate other people...we have probably 20 times the amount of vegetables we used to!

"We just wanted to show that we can actually push it to the limit this time."

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is "a graphics upgrade from the base game"

:woot: :woot:

I hope that it will not be too much heavier than the original game.
My GTX980 Ti SLI is hard pushed from this game at 4K :D

I hope that it will not be too much heavier than the original game.
My GTX980 Ti SLI is hard pushed from this game at 4K :D

I'm in the same boat, but from what I've read it is more optimized. Hopefully it will be no more strain then the full game. Regardless I'm excited for it and will make a way!

Can't wait to get back into TW3 after B&W is released! I started TW1 again a few weeks ago (forgot how long that game takes to finish, wow!) and I'm up to chapter 4 in it now. Still planning to finish TW2 too before I start my second play-through of TW3.

This time I'm playing as a racist bastard who hates all non-humans. Good times, good times. :p

Went ahead and bought it last night. Sucks I'll be on a business trip until June 3rd, but then taking a 4 day weekend since I'll be working all this weekend. Hopefully first patch will hit June 3rd too.

Eurogamer.net video review so it SHOWS OFF AREAS. Guy does a darn good job of not spoiling things. He says it is the most beautiful game he has ever played.

Will B&W add to the graphic assets in the base game? Or will we only see that stuff when we go into the new expansion area(s)?

they have redesigned quite a few things in the expansion but have said they were not able to retrofit the rest of the game.

I just got back into this game after a hiatus, I had last quit playing it when I reached level 3. I was wondering if anyone else doesn't like Geralt? He is so insanely boring, and the voice is really hard for me to listen to. I remember this bugging me the last time I played it. I find myself skipping a lot of his dialogue so I don't have to listen to him. Other than Geralt, the game is pretty awesome and I'm excited to play through it and hopefully pick up B&W eventually.

I've been out of it for a while but have they mentioned when B&W will be released? Last time I read on ProjektRed W3 forums back in March it is going to be released around end of May/early June...can anyone confirm?

Thanks

these guys... they patched and improved all types of shit. bugs yes, but lots of other things they did not need to do to make the game better. I love this company

They fixed and added a lot TON of stuff. The map changes alone are fantastic. Key bindings were lost in the upgrade sadly.
There is a lot of industry talk about how people need to stop pre ordering games(looking at you EA) but this is one company who deserves the money.I'll pay em for cyberpunk 2077 today.

I just picked up Blood & Wine. I have been looking forward to another playthrough of Witcher 3 and now I can do it.

They fixed and added a lot TON of stuff. The map changes alone are fantastic. Key bindings were lost in the upgrade sadly.
There is a lot of industry talk about how people need to stop pre ordering games(looking at you EA) but this is one company who deserves the money.I'll pay em for cyberpunk 2077 today.

Makes me glad I haven't gotten around playing it yet despite having bought at release. CDPR are one of the few dev's where the patching process is so significant that it fundamentally improves and alters the game to such an extent that you are almost better off waiting 12 to 18 months before starting. I can only think of Larian, InXile and Obsidian as the other devs which fall into the same category. This is the next game in my backlog after I get around to finishing Dead Space 3 *groan* between rounds of Overwatch.

Makes me glad I haven't gotten around playing it yet despite having bought at release. CDPR are one of the few dev's where the patching process is so significant that it fundamentally improves and alters the game to such an extent that you are almost better off waiting 12 to 18 months before starting. I can only think of Larian, InXile and Obsidian as the other devs which fall into the same category. This is the next game in my backlog after I get around to finishing Dead Space 3 *groan* between rounds of Overwatch.
Yeah I'm looking at patch notes and I'm thinking of picking this back up. It was a good move to wait.

I'm not sure what's coming for the rest of the year yet but it's very conceivable that this expansion ends up as essentially the RPG of the Year. It may for me anyways.

That big patch yesterday was huge as well.

Other than having to reconfigure my key bindings, I started playing HoS & BaW last night. Looking forward to many hours of exploration & great quests. :D

As I been running the NG+ again with Hearts of Stone before Blood and Wine, I noticed that there are a lot of "easter eggs" taken from Polish culture, implemented into HoS, that might be lost in translation in English version, especially if you don't know the 19 century Polish literature :)

Someone from reddit compiled a list of those eggs here: [Spoilers] All the references to Polish culture in Hearts of Stone • /r/witcher so you can understand, why HoS sounds much more fun to us in Poland, than to rest of the world, and why some of the reviewers didn't get the humour.

This game is just amazing. It constantly astounds me in it's graphical and technical prowess. Probably the best game I have ever played. Bravo CDPR, bravo.

Been playing catch up and finally finished Heart of Stone. Just started up Blood and Wine (Continuation of my Original save). Graphically It is better. Can really tell with the flowers/trees/grass etc. Animations even look better to me? Not sure if its been upgraded texture wise or the movement seems better.

Very worth the price of 17.99 (pre-order) Cannot wait to finish this one.....

Can`t wait to get home from this work trip so I can install and play it! Reviews and the Witcher subreddit have been going nuts.

Back