The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Official Thread

Wow! since youre lvl 46, are you a tank in the game now? Or are there missions where you must be that high to have a chance with enemies?

Everything is higher level, for example when I started the new game plus I was ~35 and even the very first ghouls you run into at White Orchard were level 31. I died last night after thinking I could take down a level 55 Griffin in Velen while using level 41 Witcher swords.

You start with all your alchemy stuff and skills, so having all that makes the game easier.

Remember... guards are 14 lvls higher than you and can basically one shot you.

4SrIhSa.jpg

TpYkcGi.jpg

HbdrUfc.jpg

zafy8bD.jpg

WUYZ8md.jpg

just finished family matters.. wow! tho i am glad with the decisions i made. Save the kids, let the monster loose, irritate the crones. The Baron, fuck him, though i grown to like him after hearing his side of the story. Since im lvl 12, i can complete some contracts and side quests with confidence.

just finished family matters.. wow! tho i am glad with the decisions i made. Save the kids, let the monster loose, irritate the crones. The Baron, fuck him, though i grown to like him after hearing his side of the story. Since im lvl 12, i can complete some contracts and side quests with confidence.
TBH, fuck his family. They all suck. In fact, the baron is the only one I liked out all of them and had any sympathy for. Too bad... whatever you do, it's fucked one way or another.

TBH, fuck his family. They all suck. In fact, the baron is the only one I liked out all of them and had any sympathy for. Too bad... whatever you do, it's fucked one way or another.
Why the baron? He's a wife-beating drunk that's withholding crucial information from you.

Can't wait for the new expansion. Hopefully some revisited characters in Toussaint from the book.

Why the baron? He's a wife-beating drunk that's withholding crucial information from you.
Well to be honest his wife was screwing someone while the Baron was off at war. And Actually left him. He found her and their daughter and killed her lover, then fed him to the dogs (Ramsay Bolton style). Wasnt all his fault. Yes he was a drunk and a woman beater, but it didnt help that after that incident she was prodding him to kill her anyways. Which honestly ruined the family.

the ideas are that the stories are complex and fucked up, with everyone sharing in the blame

The daughter isn't much better. She just blames the father without considering him, and think she can't be wrong.... not to mention she joins the witch hunters.

The Bloody Baron side story was one of the best in the whole game, if not the best.

Note: I have to wonder how some of you are level 46. I just got to level 40 last night, but i've been done with the stories for a while. The only things I have left to do are uncovering all the question marks which i've done most of in Novigrad. Most of those are monster nests or bandit hideouts and I only get like 10xp for uncovering them. Took me forever to get to 40 once the main story finished as well as completing all the side quests and Witcher contracts.

Not sure, but I think doing quest at your lvl increases the exp, where as if its higher or lower, it gives you less.

The only things I have left to do are uncovering all the question marks which i've done most of in Novigrad. Most of those are monster nests or bandit hideouts and I only get like 10xp for uncovering them. Took me forever to get to 40 once the main story finished as well as completing all the side quests and Witcher contracts.

I did this and it was just a massive waste of time. generic garbage, you are not going to find anything "useful"

I got so tired of the question marks in Skellige. Same thing over and over and over...

The Bloody Baron side story was one of the best in the whole game, if not the best.

Note: I have to wonder how some of you are level 46. I just got to level 40 last night, but i've been done with the stories for a while. The only things I have left to do are uncovering all the question marks which i've done most of in Novigrad. Most of those are monster nests or bandit hideouts and I only get like 10xp for uncovering them. Took me forever to get to 40 once the main story finished as well as completing all the side quests and Witcher contracts.

I'm under the impression that anyone level 46 has started a New Game +. When I beat the game I was in the mid 30's. Now I'm level 57 in my new game and just about to defend Kaer Morhen.

This is my second time playing. Ended at a lvl 36. I am now lvl 40. Their is know god lvl unless you cheat. I have died many times killing enemies. The last was a lvl 54. Could not touch it. I need to lvl up more. Those red skulls mean a lot more the second time around. Five lvls above I can handle but 14 lvls above not a chance.

Wait, so for the new game + if you keep your weapons and armor, then what is there to look for? Or do you keep them?

Everything is just a higher level. This is a rough example. In your first playthrough, you'd beat a quest and receive a level 10 sword as a reward. In New Game +, you beat the same quest and get the same sword only now it is level 40.

I'm 42 or 43 (can't remember) after completing all quests and now just wandering around clearing question marks. Rumours for Blood and Wine say June 7 release date?

Well, Finally finished the game this morning , loved every second of it. Great ending too. Will probably be picking up Hearts of Stone here pretty soon.

I started my second play through of The Witcher series this weekend, starting with TW1. Really hope Blood & Wine is out by the time I get to TW3.

What are people's opinion on he best swords and light armour in the game? I run a sword focused build (maxed sword skills) complimented with Igni and Aard. I am running the Viper Venomous silver and steel swords and the Mastercrafted Feline/Cat light armour with various greater runes/glyphs to boost my signs and attack power. Is there anything better I should be looking for?

Level 42 with $90k in the bank and ready for Blood and Wine.

There is supposed to be an official trailer on May 10th and expansion dropping June 7th according to the rumour mill.

Have they described how the DLC will actually work - is it standalone from the menu, an area that is opened up on the main map, etc.?

Have they described how the DLC will actually work - is it standalone from the menu, an area that is opened up on the main map, etc.?

This Small Dev Chat, (starts at 6:06) He says that it will be similar to Hearts of Stone, you can play it during your play through or play just the xpac and they will give you a pre-leveled char

I can wait, already started my new game +, hope to be lvl 55ish by the time this drops, but I also started a Fallout 4 Play through, the Big DLC for that is releasing soon to......at this rate my Steam backlog will never get done, actually never get started lol

Expansion release date is may 30.

lots of things coming out this month.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Finally finished the main quests of Hearts of Stone. More content than a lot of entire single player games. Good value for $10, and only paid $1 after using the Amazon no rush shipping credits.

May hold off on the next one until I get a better gfx solution. Got some backlog to take care of as well.

Looking forwarding to playing both DLCs since I haven't touched it since before HoS was released. I can't recall what level I achieved though.

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is "a graphics upgrade from the base game"

"It's like a fresh development," says CD Projekt Red..."80, 85, probably even 90 per cent of the assets - in terms of environment that you find in this game - are brand new...you can just look at the market stalls right now: you would never see the same market stalls in the base game...for the longest time we were like, 'I want this, I want that,' and finally we got this chance - we got this room to incorporate other people...we have probably 20 times the amount of vegetables we used to!

"We just wanted to show that we can actually push it to the limit this time."

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine is "a graphics upgrade from the base game"

:woot: :woot:

Back