The Witcher 3 announced, open world, mounts, etc video inside.

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gIsYuPIKco

Some info from the Game Informer Issue that some people have gotten, taken from Neogaf user INDIGO_CYCLOPS.

World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt's Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is fucking DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

Enemy AI completely rebuilt, scripted bosses out
Environmental combat 'contributions' (a dozen types of interactive objects)
---> Wasp hive irritated using Aard

Magical signs retooled
Igni = new flamethrower effect
The magic tree advancement allows secondary sign forms = ie. Igni and a 360-degree blast
Yrden = small trap can be modified into a larger field that slows any enemy

Other trees, Swordsmanship and Alchemy
New strikes under Swordsmanship, boosts like improved stamina and parrying
Mutation mechanic under a different development path
Not much information given about Alchemy path, other than it being based on potions

Horse could be used to access long term stash, as well as Inns
Team aware of frustrations of inventory management in The Witcher
Committed to a less tedious process

Crafting critical to maximize Geralts potential, but weapons and armor can be found in many ways
Players can customize their crafted weapons with some components, ie, monster scales for leather in armor

Each armor piece has unique appearance, new cloth simulation tech.
Barber is in from the get go. Dyeing hair is OUT OF QUESTION, White Wolf.

So it's saying that they had to change up their design philosophy when developing TW3, due to the open world structure. So NARRATIVE comes in three forms:

Lowest level = free form activities like crafting, monster slaying (seems to be much more extensive this time around) and questing.

Next level = Political situation of Nilfgaardian invastion is resolved through a core plotline for each area. These areas? -> Skellige, Novigrad and No Mans Land!

Final level = Geralt's main plot line, his search for his loved ones, and the chase of the Wild Hunt.

Sounds like a lot of interwoven plotlines, decision making. You can skip things if you really want, but there will be consequences to your actions if you do so.
Quote:
So more about the monster hunting:

Clues build up information (like a Bestiary perhaps?)
Books garner information about monsters
Townsfolk provide information
Potions and such are important
Time of day and other conditions affect where monsters appear, and their abilities

[Some combat info]

Critical strikes in areas that matter depending on how much you learn about said monster
You can disable a vampires poisoning attack by hitting its venom gland (Vampires are poisonous?) or skewer BOTH ITS HEARTS with a thrust attack (instant kill)
Monsters drop loot like unobtainable alchemical and crafting ingredients for unique potion, mutagen and item crafting.
Provides income as well

CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS!

Last edited:
Release date at the moment is 2014.

Title is currently The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

wow, that sounds really cool. perhaps like gothic, where you don't fuck with shit until you are ready for it....

I like the sound of most of that but I wonder if the story will still have the same feeling of progression without chapters. I tend to prefer open world games but I liked the way they used the chapter system in the first two games.

I'm slightly concerned with their comment about simplifying the inventory system, but they do mention storage at the inns and possibly your horse so it doesn't sound like they're going to completely get rid of it like Bioware did with Mass Effect 2. Personally I liked the inventory system they used in the enhanced edition of the first game the best but I guess it wouldn't work very well with a gamepad.

omg

omg

!!

total fan boy mode right now heh, cant wait this and cyberpunk, these guys just rule, in that vid one of the guys said this will be the end of the trilogy, I hope there will be more Witcher games after this. but thats still a long ways off lol.

oh man looks amazing

Mother of God!

Oh man! *Giggles* Ohhhhhhhhhhh I cannot wait! :D:D:D:D:D

Finally we get to find out what happened to Yennefer!

I'm reading through the Blood of Elves book at the moment. I love The Witcher universe...I wish more of the books would get translated.

Sounds good ... although I hope they have something to do in all that space ... making games larger just to extend your walking, riding, flying time doesn't thrill me ... making them larger so you can fill them with even more quality content would be awesome ... I suspect they are up to the latter so I will eagerly await reports on Witcher 3 :)

Ehrmagerd. I think I'm gonna install TW 1 and 2 and play through them. This sounds awesome though, can't wait!

I'm not too sure how the storyline will hold up with an open world, non-linear setting like this. We'll see but right now I'm not too hyped about this. Loved the two firsts games though...

I'm not too sure how the storyline will hold up with an open world, non-linear setting like this. We'll see but right now I'm not too hyped about this. Loved the two firsts games though...

The developers said the world is 30% than "The Witcher 2", which is big but hardly no Skyrim.

SQUEEEEE!!!
squeee.jpg

I keep throwing money at the screen! Why it doesnt work!?

Anyway, there has been some worries that it will not be as deep in storyline and characters as Witcher 1 and 2 were thanks to the open world design. Much like Skyrim and such are but I really doubt that. Thats not the fault of open world game design, but because Beth does not have that good writers.

Someone really needs to post the "Shut up and take my money now!" picture. This may well be my first pre-order in about 3+ years.

Now stay smart CDPR and release it on Steam.

Based on what they have said, I think they are playing it smart by making the stories regionalized. This creates sort of "soft chapters" with the ability to still make epics that span the entire territories. I am excited by this possibility.

Now the real question remains -- what card will I need to max this game out at 1920x1200! :D

CD Projekt RED seems to be one of the last of the developers who put a lot of work into PC development...they might not be PC exclusive anymore but they make the PC version worlds better then the console counterpart...sort of reminds me of the early S.T.A.L.K.E.R. years

I never got into the Witcher Series for some reason but I support their efforts on the PC platform. This one has piquedmy interest so I might try it out. I think the combat was turning me off on the previous 2.

Do I need to play the other two to really get into this or a quick wikipedia read get me up to speed?

Based on what they have said, I think they are playing it smart by making the stories regionalized. This creates sort of "soft chapters" with the ability to still make epics that span the entire territories. I am excited by this possibility.

Now the real question remains -- what card will I need to max this game out at 1920x1200! :D

If the Ubersampling makes a return, there simply is no card mighty enough... :p

I never got into the Witcher Series for some reason but I support their efforts on the PC platform. This one has piquedmy interest so I might try it out. I think the combat was turning me off on the previous 2.

Do I need to play the other two to really get into this or a quick wikipedia read get me up to speed?

the witcher 2 was fantastic.

You should definitely play Witcher 2 as in my opinion it's one of the best RPGs released in the past decade.

Witcher 2 was the prettiest and most engaging RPG of 2012. Plus, CDProjektRed has been churning out free DLC constantly.

Witcher 3 will be a day 1 purchase for me.

I am excited as a little kid in a toy store just reading this. Definitely day one purchase for me.

Did you play the games? Of course it fits. Especially if his memory is restored.

havn't played the 2nd game...yet (I bought it for $7.49 during Steam's holiday sale)...but my point is that 'Wild Hunt' doesn't sound right...they could come up with a much cooler tagline...Wild Hunt sounds like a DLC to Far Cry 3

hopefully they will release a definitive version of Witcher 3 right from the get go and not wait a year and release an extended, uncut edition with tons of changes and new content...even though it was free it makes playing it on Day 1 almost pointless

wow, that sounds really cool. perhaps like gothic, where you don't fuck with shit until you are ready for it....

Yea, if they set it up similar to Gothic 2 + NotR (but larger) with Dark Souls quality combat, it could be the best action RPG ever.

havn't played the 2nd game...yet...but my point is that 'Wild Hunt' doesn't sound right...they could come up with a much cooler tagline...Wild Hunt sounds like a DLC to Far Cry 3

hopefully they will release a definitive version of Witcher 3 right from the get go and not wait a year and release an extended, uncut edition with tons of changes and new content...even though it was free it makes playing it on Day 1 almost pointless

The Wild Hunt fits quite well. It's been a part of European mythology for probably about 2000 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_wild_hunt

Ugh I still have to beat not only Witcher 2 but Witcher 1. Problem is, Witcher 1 is so ZzzZZZZZz

Problem is, Witcher 1 is so ZzzZZZZZz

It is slow going at the start but once you get into the end of act II the game picks up steam and sucks you in.

Trust me, if your into these types of games it will not disappoint.

It is slow going at the start but once you get into the end of act II the game picks up steam and sucks you in.

Trust me, if your into these types of games it will not disappoint.

Yeah, the Prologue, Act 1 and half of Act 2 were sooo long and slow. I have played Witcher 1 multiple times but still those acts annoy me. :/

havn't played the 2nd game...yet (I bought it for $7.49 during Steam's holiday sale)...but my point is that 'Wild Hunt' doesn't sound right...they could come up with a much cooler tagline...Wild Hunt sounds like a DLC to Far Cry 3

Then you obviously haven't been paying attention. I don't really believe you played any of the games with a comment like that.

Get out of here Stalker!

Back