The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $6.79 - Director's Cut $3.39

Not my genre but I've heard enough good to bite. Does this game need mods to look good (like Skyrim) or is it ready to roll out of the box? Does it work with a controller or is keyboard/mouse preferred?

Not my genre but I've heard enough good to bite. Does this game need mods to look good (like Skyrim) or is it ready to roll out of the box? Does it work with a controller or is keyboard/mouse preferred?

This game is as demanding as Crysis and Metro. Take a guess.

No mods needed. Ready to roll. Awesome looking and playing games, both. Top 10 of All Time stuff.

been looking for a good enough excuse to buy this even though itll sit in my library for months and months lol

Both games have lots of breasts and general nudity. And limb decapitations.

Best RPG of 2012, in addition the company that makes the game (CD Projekt Red) has been releasing DLC and expansions to the game for free since it's been released.

Highly recommend the game.

I played the game when it first came out - bought it through GMG.

Just bought this to have it on steam (key would not activate on steam) + the dlc to experience the alternate path.

Excellent game.

Another nod to buy this, and when you do, LISTEN to the dialogue, its very well done (usually).

do you all recommend playing the first one before or is the story independent enough to just jump into this one?

Anyone played through with crossfire enabled? I'm hearing reports about negative scaling and stuff. About to pull the trigger, but just wanted to check first.

do you all recommend playing the first one before or is the story independent enough to just jump into this one?

I recommend playing through the first one. The stories aren't really related but a lot of the characters carry over. It's just a great game, and if you enjoy the Witcher 2, you'll probably want to play through the first game but will bummed because the graphics aren't nearly as good.

You don't have to play the first to enjoy the second. What you have to do is BUY this game bc it is one of the best pc games of all time. Epic boobs and booty ftw!

I got the first one with a video card purchase and never installed it. I went ahead and got this since it is talked about so highly and for the price you just can't beat it.

TW2 has more "action-based" gameplay than 1, but I like that. It's a fantastic game, if you've never played it, do yourself a huge favor and pick it up.

Personnaly I find The Witcher 2 easier to handle with the X360 controller, rather than your usual favorite peripheral combo.

Bought it. I just got the original Witcher a few weeks ago.

Never played either of them before, but I love RPGs. So this should be good.

I read through the Steam page and still can't decipher difference between Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, and Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. Anyone have a clue?

I read through the Steam page and still can't decipher difference between Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, and Enhanced Edition Director's Cut. Anyone have a clue?
Two different games.

Enhanced Edition Director's Cut = Witcher 1
Assassins of Kings = Witcher 2

Two different games.

Enhanced Edition Director's Cut = Witcher 1
Assassins of Kings = Witcher 2

Man I must be blind today.. Assassins of Kings did say "Witcher 2" in front of it. Thanks for clarifying. Purchased!

Bought it. I just got the original Witcher a few weeks ago.

Never played either of them before, but I love RPGs. So this should be good.
The first game was great, but the dated visuals can be a bit of a turn-off if you're a graphics snob. *raises hand* Luckily, the story and choices you have to make are absolutely worth the tradeoff. The second game however has no such compromises and is stunning to look at in addition to being one of my favorite rpgs ever. You will most likely want to play the Witcher 2 twice. I've spent 30+ years of gaming and imo The Witcher 2 is as good as anything the genre has ever seen.

Guys I don't see an option to buy the DLC separately. If I buy the standalone game, is there any option to buy the DLC down the road? Basically I've had the first Witcher for a long time and I've played it for about 10 minutes, not because it's bad, but I just haven't had time (and I don't know how to counterattack after blocking :p).

The first game was great, but the dated visuals can be a bit of a turn-off if you're a graphics snob. *raises hand* Luckily, the story and choices you have to make are absolutely worth the tradeoff. The second game however has no such compromises and is stunning to look at in addition to being one of my favorite rpgs ever. You will most likely want to play the Witcher 2 twice. I've spent 30+ years of gaming and imo The Witcher 2 is as good as anything the genre has ever seen.

You can significantly upgrade the original game graphics using several recent tricks (FXAA + SGSSAA + MSAA for example) and the engine actually looks quite refined and cinematic.

Went ahead and picked up the Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, if it ends up being as good as everyone says it is I'll probably pick up Assassins of Kings during the Steam summer sale.

I tried to play Witcher 2 twice and ended up each time deleting the game after one hour.
Just not my cup of tea.

I tried to play Witcher 2 twice and ended up each time deleting the game after one hour.
Just not my cup of tea.

I'm sure this helpful description of why you didn't like the game will be appreciated by prospective buyers.

Just not my cup of tea.

Man, you should get that checked out. Sounds like ADHD to me.

Witcher 2 really is amazing if you love RPGs. There are several things that the first one does better, in some cases much better. I think both should be played by RPG fans. I still need to play through the Iorveth path in Witcher 2. I will be ready for Witcher 3, DAY 1!

I didn't finish Witcher 1 (and I normally finish all of my games), but Witcher 2 was a blast. I really enjoyed it.

I didn't finish Witcher 1 (and I normally finish all of my games), but Witcher 2 was a blast. I really enjoyed it.

I agree, Witcher 1's story starts sort of slow but picks up in Chapter 2 (about 8 or so hours in).

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition + Bonus Content (PC Digital Download) $5.99 @ GOG http://www.gog.com/gamecard/the_witcher_2

Inculdes
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition Game
41x HQ Artworksmanual
19x Wallpapers
14x Avatars
14x Bonus Videos
7x Papercraft Dolls /w Games' Characters
High Quality Artbook (232 pages)
Soundtrack (320 kb/s 50 tracks)
Triss Playboy session
Comic Book (50 pages)
Map of The Northern Kingdom
Pamphlet & Envelope
Manual
REDkit Modding Tools

Last edited:
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition + Bonus Content (PC Digital Download) $5.99 @ GOG. I would link it but I cant get to GOG at work.

Inculdes
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition Game
41x HQ Artworksmanual
19x Wallpapers
14x Avatars
14x Bonus Videos
7x Papercraft Dolls /w Games' Characters
High Quality Artbook (232 pages)
Soundtrack (320 kb/s 50 tracks)
Triss Playboy session
Comic Book (50 pages)
Map of The Northern Kingdom
Pamphlet & Envelope
Manual
REDkit Modding Tools

thanks!

the drm free version enhanced edition witcher 2 is on gog.com for $5.99 for next 8 hours. I decided to try the website out a couple days ago because I am tired of steam eating up my internet for constant updates. Its pretty cool. Bought witcher 2 cant wait to play. Would a 6750 be able to semi handle this game's graphics?

Back