The Wii U is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how many TVs have this issue with the Wii-U but mine is definitely one of them. Apparently there are many others with the issue, you might be one of the lucky ones :p. It's not a big deal for me as I didn't notice any loss of sharpness went I switched to component and I get to keep a hdmi port free for when I get a ps4 down the road :)

2007 LG has no issues with Wii U color... neither does my father's 2010 Samsung...

I'm not suggesting that any of you are wrong :p.
Your TVs might be fine, but have you directly compared the colour on the Wii-U using both HDMI and Component?

I thought everything was fine on my Wii-U until I came across a few posts dicussing HDMI colour range problems, so I decided to compare for myself and saw that component's colours just popped more.

used both inputs and they are the same

PS3 and cable box use HDMI
Wii and Wii U use component
360 uses PC input...
game cube uses composite

I don't know the details but I think it has to do with the TV's support with Limited vs Full Range colour on HDMI. Mine might lack full range.

Ah well, component is still fine for me :D

^ I am pretty sure the Wii U either puts out full color or standard Wii Color profile. I do not believe there is an option in the system menu to change it.

I use component as my TV has issues when running HDMI to my receiver first

Wii U did not impress on my Samsung LCD. On my Panasonic Plasma VT65, Windwaker looks phenomenal. Too bad I don't like Windwaker, but it does look good.

I am pretty sure Wii U puts out a standard limited RGB signal. If your TV expects full range 0-255 you might have issues. There is a quality signal there if you have a TV that can handle it. The machine is capable in a Nintendo sort of way lol.

I can confirm the Wii U does NOT output 0-255 range. I wish they would update it to support it , pretty basic and critical PQ function.

I can confirm the Wii U does NOT output 0-255 range. I wish they would update it to support it , pretty basic and critical PQ function.

This has been discussed quite a bit in the Nintendo forums and will hopefully be addressed in upcoming updates. The Wii U only outputs limited range not full range. Has been a topic since launch.

So set the TV to limited range HDMI for that input? Limited and full range HDMI still have the same white to black range, it just happens at different numbers.

Best Buy now accepting Wii U trade-ins for $25 store credit.

This thread hasn't been active in a while, nice bump. I wouldn't even reply aside from the wanting to say dear lord does your post history REEK of PS4 fanboy, which pretty much makes every one of your posts irrelevant. Go to GAF

Thats actually correct, but read carefully, John said, DEAD console. The working ones still pull in about $75 credit. Same with Gamestop.

I love my Wii-U and am happy with it. I am waiting on Mario Party 8 end of next month! :)

Wonder if this means they'll start selling used Wii-U's.

Best-buy's used games have been great deals so far (make up most of my 3ds library), and I've always wanted a white Wii-U.. For the kids room.. :D

vWii modded U deluxe is daddies nostalgia box. :p

Mariokart 8 lan party anyone? :cool:

This thread hasn't been active in a while, nice bump. I wouldn't even reply aside from the wanting to say dear lord does your post history REEK of PS4 fanboy, which pretty much makes every one of your posts irrelevant. Go to GAF

GAF goes with the company doing things right generally. The PS3 was absolutely hammered for years there.

It wasn't irrelevant but if that is your standard why are you even a member here?

Thats actually correct, but read carefully, John said, DEAD console. The working ones still pull in about $75 credit. Same with Gamestop.

I love my Wii-U and am happy with it. I am waiting on Mario Party 8 end of next month! :)

I wish i meant it that way. The best buy trade in value for a 32GB Wii U in good condition with the power cord included is only worth $25. :(

You get more for trading in PS3's...

Tbh i just sold my PS4. That's why i was looking at trade in values.

I wish i meant it that way. The best buy trade in value for a 32GB Wii U in good condition with the power cord included is only worth $25. :(

You get more for trading in PS3's...

Trading a Wii u at Gamestop is $150 something is best buy high?

I never trade systems I never understood this I keep at least one of every system.

Folks do your homework before just buying stuff and remember best games never come right at launch.

You gotta admit though that Super Mario World was a pretty good launch game.

I thought Mario 64 hit it out of the park. Even though that system launched with two games Mario 64 carried it easily. We don't get those generation defining launch titles anymore.

Tbh I think Nintendo was the only company that did it not once but several times.

last night i browsed the wii u shop... so many retro titles i want its not even funny. i could buy for 100$ of games

I thought Mario 64 hit it out of the park. Even though that system launched with two games Mario 64 carried it easily. We don't get those generation defining launch titles anymore.

Tbh I think Nintendo was the only company that did it not once but several times.

hmmm.. mario 64 and mario world was definitely some of the best all time greatest launch titles.. And i would say 64 over world. Because in a way world was more evolution of smb 3. 64 was quite a great take early on with 3d worlds. Even now I believe mario64 level design compares very respectively against modern games. Just amazing how everything interacted. Mario galaxy, (only got half wayt ) felt a little more linear with lots of stars only possible if you were on that one from star screen.

I picked up the snes and n64 at launch, both were epic times indeed. I got tired of the n64 after a while but came back to it when 007 and starfox were released.

I picked up the snes and n64 at launch, both were epic times indeed. I got tired of the n64 after a while but came back to it when 007 and starfox were released.

Goldeneye 007, Mario 64, WCW vs NWO, and Mario Kart 64 were the games that won me over more than anything. Back then multiplayer was 4 people in a room playing split screen on a 32" CRT.

Goldeneye 007, Mario 64, WCW vs NWO, and Mario Kart 64 were the games that won me over more than anything. Back then multiplayer was 4 people in a room playing split screen on a 32" CRT.

Turok was pretty bad-ass too! For all the flak nintendo catched for making the n64 cartridge based, the system still had a good share of classics. Even KI Gold was awesome

Mario Kart 8 is only a month away now. Time to bust MK7 out and practice up for launch day.
Hopefully the slide turbo is back to normal after that debacle in MK Wii...

Clearly they need to bring back cartridges, they are significantly cheaper than they were... although durability could still be an issue.

Mario Kart 8 is only a month away now. Time to bust MK7 out and practice up for launch day.
Hopefully the slide turbo is back to normal after that debacle in MK Wii...

Yup, tomorrow begins the full countdown to May 28th for me. I am looking forward to dropping $60 on the game (already did actually). I already threw the MK7 disc in the Wii already and started working on it again.

If you haven't experienced Wii games running on Dolphin (screen shots) I'd recommend it. Mario Kart Wii looks fantastic in full HD. I own 2 Wii's but only play MK Wii on PC. The Wii's still get plenty of love with retro/nes/snes games though.

-
Can't wait for real HD MK, with art/models designed for HD etc :D

I got a Wii-U about a month ago and I am loving it.
Windwaker is absolutely awesome looking while still maintaining the feel of the original.
My gf and I have been having a blast playing super mario 3d world. I just picked up Nintendo Land and I am betting that it will also be a fun way for us to game together. MK8 is going to be awesome too. Add in the $10 gas card from best buy and free pikmin 3 download and I can already see my plans for this summer.
I am a huge fan of nintendo 1st party titles and I regret not getting a Wii-U sooner. Havent really branched out to any 3rd party titles yet, but its nintendo so I was expecting much anyway.

Anybody hear the latest rumours? Apparently sources are saying that Nintendo will be unveiling new hardware at E3. It could be anything from a new hardware peripheral to the Wii U successor.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne...unveiled-at-e3-2014-say-reports/1100-6419371/

I'm not sure what kind of peripheral it could be if they go that route, they've been pretty silent on the VR front. Not sure how I'd feel about a Wii U successor this early, I'd be concerned that they'd burn some bridges going that route. A relaunch of the same hardware but rebranded and streamlined would be alright.

And here's one of the articles that gamespot one is referring to:
http://www.nintendonews.com/2014/01/nintendo-fusion-could-be-nintendos-next-gen-hardware-name/

Personally, those specs seems a little far fetched (2x circle haptic pads ala steam controller??), still it's always fun to read rumours. An upgraded console that plays both 3DS and Wii U games does make Nintendo-sense, though.

Last edited:
Anybody hear the latest rumours? Apparently sources are saying that Nintendo will be unveiling new hardware at E3. It could be anything from a new hardware peripheral to the Wii U successor.

That nintendonews.com article is ridiculous. They practically say, "this article is pure BS:"

don’t get too carried away with what we have presented in this article. The domain name, and information provided for the domain name, is entirely real. The hardware name and technical hardware specifications, along with some questionable code names, is another story.

If anything, they'll just announce a Wii U set without the gamepad.

I highly, highly doubt they're releasing a new console. Not with Smash Bros and Zelda HD on the way for Wii U.

If anything, they'll just announce a Wii U set without the gamepad.

Yar, that could be it. I was thinking a redesigned Wii U without a gamepad (new name too) and the release of a new 3DS XL that can also function as a Wii U gamepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back