Status
Not open for further replies.
VGA Chartz numbers here so.

Oct 5th = 75,440

Oct 12th = 46,423

Oct 19th = 34,764

Oct 26th = 30,654

October 2013 total Wii U sales 187,281.

Now multiply that by Nintendo's press statement of 340% and we get 63,675.54 + 187,281 = 250,956 .54

So it's more like 250k Wii U's were sold in the month of November. Unless someone can show me different. Which is like 20% better than Sega Dreamcast back in the day. So they might make 15M LT sales on Wii U at this rate, but it's gonna drop come next holiday season more than this imho. So it's on par for Sega Dreamcast numbers still imho.

Umm.........how in the world can you expect anyone to take anything that you say in this thread seriously when you are failing at basic math/reading comprehension?

I might have done my math wrong on that post for Wii U numbers. 186k x 340% isn't that more like 635k Wii U's sold? Man LOL Nintendo just needs to give us a number and quit this percentage game and give the real numbers lol. Well your site says 220k for Wii U for November right? Well if it's in the 200k range it's very bad, if it's 560-635k that is far better for Ninty.

Umm.........how in the world can you expect anyone to take anything that you say in this thread seriously when you are failing at basic math/reading comprehension?

Win! ;) had you goin didn't I. But what is the real numbers?

It's 220k for NA, which is terrible. There is not much more to say at this point. I might come back after SSBU and Mario Kart drops to see if they can sustain anything but it's just not going to happen.

It's 220k for NA, which is terrible. There is not much more to say at this point. I might come back after SSBU and Mario Kart drops to see if they can sustain anything but it's just not going to happen.

I read SSBU is getting delayed. 220k for BF/Holidays means it's on life support in the NA. It doesn't surprise me Nintendo says they sold 340% more based on numbers NO one with any credibility can research though. Just us forums dwellers trying to sort through Nintendo's messy situation.

Mabu IT WAS A DECIMAL POINT MY BAD DUDE BRO!! Please forgive me! But even so...I'm not going to try to calculate Ninty's numbers anymore they are obviously shameful or else they would just come out with it if they sold well. And yes my math sucks. Happy now?

BTW i agree with Wii U being dreamcast ;)

I certainly don't. The funny thing is that in hindsight everybody bows before the Dreamcast saying how great it really was. When the PS2 came out... everybody stepped on or over the Dreamcast to get to the PS2 even though the Dreamcast had better games and great graphics too.

Same is being done with the Wii U. I was just like all of you. I had a Wii and gave up on it b/c I was a early adopter and the system was stale for months and months until I finally gave up and sold it 6 months after launch and after playing Paper Mario and Twlight Princess (two fantastic games). I didn't even pay attention to the Wii U until now, and honestly I would have NEVER even noticed the Wii U if it wasn't for the PS4 and Xbox One.

I have always been a early adopter... Paid $600 for the PS3... over $500 for the 360 b/c I bought it from a 3rd party right after launch, and stood in line for the Wii to get it at launch for $250 and I even bought a Vita at launch for $249+. So why did I not jump on the PS4 and Xbox One this time around? Simple answer... games. The games are just mediocre. In fact, they are so mediocre they don't justify the system price. They can't even hype up the graphics to me enough to justify the new consoles. We all know games sell consoles in the long-run but the only thing that seems to sell systems at launch since the PS3 and 360 are graphics. I bought into the 360 and PS3 because of all the numbers they were throwing around with Cell this and tri-processor that... and of course we were jumping into HD territory. This time around, the graphics aren't even that large of a jump and I predicted this a long time ago. We aren't going to get a jump in graphic fidelity like we did from PS1 to PS2 to PS3 or Xbox to Xbox 360. Which is why Sony and Microsoft are trying to win us over by completely different means... the Xbox One with it's TV and Kinect functionality and the PS4 with it's... idk what... I guess cheaper price and more of a focus on being a "pure game machine," and having slightly higher specifications than the Xbox One. This is also one of the reasons why if you notice especially during the PS4 and Xbox One E3 keynotes they both talked about how many studios they are investing in to churn out new IPs, and also supporting indie devs... Sony and Microsoft both know they can't sell these systems on graphics alone and they won't be able to in the future either... the real innovation in future console releases will be gameplay and how you interact with games.

Don't get me wrong I love the 360 and PS3, and I have absolutely no allegiance to either but it is absolutely safe to say that the prices of these current consoles are not justified by either graphics are their respective launch games. Some of the games look okay, but certainly not anything I can't wait to play at a later time. I will for sure be getting a PS4 when more games I want are out that will justify the system like Metal Gear Solid 5, Uncharted, and The Division. Same goes for the Xbox One although not as many exclusives on that platform interest me as much.

So, I bought a Wii U and I absolutely love it. Nothing better than coming home and seeing my wife watching American Horror Story through Netflix on PS3 and not worrying about getting access to the TV because I can just pick up the gamepad and game away. Even plugging in my earphones so only I can enjoy it. And when her show is too loud, I press the TV button on the gamepad and lower the volume to mess with her. lol. Anyway, i only just got my Wii U a week ago but Super Mario Bros 3D World has really rekindled that love for Nintendo and Mario I had when I was a kid... the game is just perfect. The ZombiU demo was fun so that's on my list to get as well as Zelda Wind Waker HD. Also, I get to go out and buy all the Wii games I missed out on from last-gen like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Paper Mario (never beat it), Twilight Princess (never beat it), Okami, Red Steel 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and a bunch more I have on my list. I'm really happy with my purchase and hope Nintendo gets itself in order and gets the word out about the system so more people can rediscover it, since the Wii U has been completely eclipsed by the Xbox One and PS4 in marketing.

The fact that the Wii U is not doing as well in sales does not mean the system is not good, or that the system is not great in its own merits, or doesn't have any games. The games it does have are certainly better than the current PS4 and Xbox One offering but can't last forever obviously.

I think the Wii U has a future, but Nintendo needs to ramp up it's marketing and maybe even a $50 price drop will sell the system. Or, if they just take out all the extra accessories of the Deluxe bundle and/or the included games and sell it for $200... I think that would definitely sell systems. Remember the 3DS (which I never had)? Regardless, all this negativity and band-wagon-riding hate towards Nintendo doesn't bother me one bit. The system is good enough, and has some great games which is all I care about. I haven't played a game on my PS3 for months; ever since I beat The Last of Us. If a console is getting play time from me, that means it was worth it. And honestly, I am excited for ALL the next-gen consoles... but the graphics are not as big of a selling point anymore with the generation, so bring on the games!

Last edited:
Only way I can foresee Nintendo being able to make a run with this console is a price drop to $199 and a pack in of significance, ie 3d Mario, etc.

According to industry insiders, they are already losing money on the console @ $300 due to the price of the tablet components, so I'm not sure what I'm suggesting is even financially feasible, but I think a move like that would stoke the fire.

The major problem is that $300 bucks, you are largely paying for a 1st Party Nintendo gaming console, and that's just not enough value for most consumers. Get that down to $199 with a pack in and I think Nintendo might have a shot at salvaging it.

Consoles generally break even on the retail of the console. That's a give-in. Nintendo, however, has the benefit of their consoles' most popular games also being their own games. I would venture a guess and say that Nintendo probably makes a lot more per game sale than their competitors do. Probable many times more. Again, I have to mention, being successful doesn't always require you to be number one. The fifth most valuable musician still makes more money than any single person could reasonably use.

Only way I can foresee Nintendo being able to make a run with this console is a price drop to $199 and a pack in of significance, ie 3d Mario, etc.

According to industry insiders, they are already losing money on the console @ $300 due to the price of the tablet components, so I'm not sure what I'm suggesting is even financially feasible, but I think a move like that would stoke the fire.

The major problem is that $300 bucks, you are largely paying for a 1st Party Nintendo gaming console, and that's just not enough value for most consumers. Get that down to $199 with a pack in and I think Nintendo might have a shot at salvaging it.

There is something I am not understanding here....

NIntendo themslves said that console sale + 1 software title = profit. So since the attach rate is currently a respectable 5:1, they should be making a profit.... the tablet it's self is a very simple ARM based solution so I don't know why people are saying that it's super expensive. you can pick up ARM tablets with similar hardware all day long at retail for $80 or less and they have more capability

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ndroid+tablets,aps&rh=i:aps,k:android tablets

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's not *just* a tablet though. It's a wireless display for the console with all the added gamepad features, etc.

You can't take your $80 tablet and use it to display *and* control a game console with a self contained wireless link and no reasonable lag in inputs you make. That functionality does not come cheap.

I recall reading somewhere that when the Wii came out, it was pulling in profits from the start, but the Wii U was losing money, but nowhere near what the PS3 and 360 were losing when they first got released. Also considering that the console compnents get cheaper as production ramps up, I'd say its feasable that they were barely losing money + a game sale = profit. then they drop the price as it got cheaper to manufacture and now they are still losing on it but + a game sale = profit again.

Last edited:
There is something I am not understanding here....

NIntendo themslves said that console sale + 1 software title = profit. So since the attach rate is currently a respectable 5:1, they should be making a profit.... the tablet it's self is a very simple ARM based solution so I don't know why people are saying that it's super expensive. you can pick up ARM tablets with similar hardware all day long at retail for $80 or less and they have more capability

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ndroid+tablets,aps&rh=i:aps,k:android tablets

That Nintendo comment of system + 1 game = profit was at the $350 price point, not $300. Now they have an extra $50 to make up. Remember, of the price of a game, Nintendo only keeps about $10-15 dollars in licensing fees, the rest goes to the publisher/developer/etc. Even on first party games they still need to cover development/publishing/distribution etc. So that $50 difference now means they likely need closer to system+5-6 games to break even.

Not impossible, but not as easy as it was.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That Nintendo comment of system + 1 game = profit was at the $350 price point, not $300. Now they have an extra $50 to make up. Remember, of the price of a game, Nintendo only keeps about $10-15 dollars in licensing fees, the rest goes to the publisher/developer/etc. Even on first party games they still need to cover development/publishing/distribution etc. So that $50 difference now means they likely need closer to system+5-6 games to break even.

Businesses generally operate on the concept of gross profit, not net profit.

their attach rate = profit as you had the base system for $299 so a split would be $325 so either way 1 system sale + 1 title = profit. now it might take 2 or even 3 tiles but they got it coverd. I would even argue that it was more likely that they got closer to the prfit on the $350 machine than the base one as the cradle and extra 24GB + Nintendo Land are not so expensive to warrant the extra $50

It's not *just* a tablet though. It's a wireless display for the console with all the added gamepad features, etc.

You can't take your $80 tablet and use it to display *and* control a game console with a self contained wireless link and no reasonable lag in inputs you make. That functionality does not come cheap.

I recall reading somewhere that when the Wii came out, it was pulling in profits from the start, but the Wii U was losing money, but nowhere near what the PS3 and 360 were losing when they first got released. Also considering that the console compnents get cheaper as production ramps up, I'd say its feasable that they were barely losing money + a game sale = profit. then they drop the price as it got cheaper to manufacture and now they are still losing on it but + a game sale = profit again.

yes it is just a tablet, the Wii U is doing all of the video processing and streaming it to the tablet. the buttons are no different than a multiple point touchscreen overall

Last edited:
Yeah you have to realize the faith Ninty has in its Wii U ok.

They have the data that shows everyone buys at least 1 game in the consoles life hee hee, but I guess they have no belief or faith in people buying the Wii U and actually purchasing 2 games LT! ;) They suck. Took them 1 year to make a half-legit Mario game so there's not much left in my opinion from them.

Yeah you have to realize the faith Ninty has in its Wii U ok.

They have the data that shows everyone buys at least 1 game in the consoles life hee hee, but I guess they have no belief or faith in people buying the Wii U and actually purchasing 2 games LT! ;) They suck. Took them 1 year to make a half-legit Mario game so there's not much left in my opinion from them.

Even if they sold 1 million Mario copies, that's $50 million gross sales, another million Windwaker HDs another $50 million gross sales.

I think it's fair to assume that anyone who bought a WiiU is going to buy more than one or two games for it.

I was at Target last night and they had a couple of Basic sets and a couple of Deluxe sets but I'm not sure if the price difference is worth the benefit.

From what I can tell really the only difference between the Basic and Deluxe is Nintendoland, a gamepad charging holder and the 32gb drive? Both units will accept and probably need external drives in the long run so is there really any benefit of going with the deluxe and spending more money?

Both units will accept and probably need external drives in the long run so is there really any benefit of going with the deluxe and spending more money?

Some people really like Nintendoland, so that may be worth it. On the launch units the deluxe model also came with a (limited time?) membership that gave some percent back on digital purchases.

The extra space doesn't mean much. Wii U games are small as it is. 3D World is only 1.7GB. So the basic's 8GB of storage is still enough for at least 3-4 average games.

The Deluxe is only worth it if you want to get Nintendoland anyways. It's also worth it if you don't own a Wii and plan on playing Wii games on your Wii U. The basic package doesn't come with the Sensor bar which is why I say this.

Finally, don't forget that the deluxe bundle comes with the deluxe digital promotion where you get basically $5 back for every $50 you spend on the eshop. So if you plan on buying all your games on the eshop this is something to remember as well.

And the charging cradle isn't really required, but it is definitely nice to have.

Even if they sold 1 million Mario copies, that's $50 million gross sales, another million Windwaker HDs another $50 million gross sales.

I think it's fair to assume that anyone who bought a WiiU is going to buy more than one or two games for it.

Ill let you know when the Wii U i got at launch(as a gift) has more than 2 games for it I'll buy.
Cant dump this thing on anyone even half off without getting snickers.

If the Wii U goes down as a "Dreamcast" I'm alright with that. Dreamcast saw some incredible gaming during its short life cycle. I still have my Dreamcast and I still take it out once in a while and actually play some of my favorite games on it (especially when one of my friends has never seen and/or played it before).

Even if the Wii U is just an experimental experience for Nintendo I still have found lots of enjoyment out of it.

Wii U won't be a Dreamcast. Nintendo has more than enough cash to support the system on it's own. In a few years, it'll have so much great titles and be cheap... people won't have a reason to not buy it.

Wii U won't be a Dreamcast. Nintendo has more than enough cash to support the system on it's own. In a few years, it'll have so much great titles and be cheap... people won't have a reason to not buy it.

Good point. They may be losing tons now on the Wii U but they are making any losses back with the 3DS; the Wii U will probably hit $199 in 1.5 years and with the titles available it will be unbeatable.

I'm hoping Nintendo next system is a one-for-all. I want a portable system with just an HDMI connector that becomes a regular console. Bluetooth support for 4 controllers and the ultimate portability factor would totally crap on any of the Android systems that have attempted this.

This thread isn't about Nintendo going under, it's about the Wii U being a failure, blah, blah, blah. This thread also has a LOT of posts which apparently validates the OPs point. :rolleyes:

My perspective is the Wii made Ninty billions in cold hard cash. Because of that amount of unprecedented success they now think they can do whatever they like, as in release 3 games a year. Their launch sucked...Nintendoland really, people would have been way more willing to pick it up had SM3DW been a launch title. That's what the Wii had, Wii Sports everyone liked that game. Wii U launch had really NOTHING.

It seems with that controller maybe they NEED to do something (hint spend some of that money) to incentive 3rd party's to show off how innovative that controller can be. They already spent a year basically showing the world it's mostly useless, and was a bad idea in hindsight. That's bad. The fact that you really NEED 3 different controllers for that console makes NO SENSE to me, it's a great novelty, but they really need to pick ONE of TWO at the most. Because, I and many many others don't see the benefit of Smash Bro Brawl on a tablet, Mario Kart I'm not sure either, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze...doubt it also. So why the hell is there a Tablet Ninty? Remember in W101 you get to draw slash's and circles to activate weapons/attacks...oh man that was so AMAZING...not! This is a valid "where's your head at?" question imho, 3-5 hour stock battery life too? 3 Hours hmmm kinda short if your playing an JRPG, good thing they have none yet lmao! Monster Hunter looks neat, but the graphics scream last gen which is depressing for someone like me it can't hang with Ni no Kuni or FF XIII trilogy in the graphics or art design department, it looks like a cookie cutter job or like I said oh that's worse/same as last gen for that series. COuld you imagine if FFXV looked no better than FFXIII. Whoa that's a problem Ninty!

So for me it has last gen graphics, with ridiculous controls/controllers. Basically non of their games run in native 1080p either. SO WTF who designed this bad console, they did not do any homework and it shows.

Fifa 12,13,14 are big games looks like the Wii U has 13 but won't be getting any new ones. Bethesda won't be doing anything on their console. There's no Frostbite or CryEngine type game engines on the Wii U. Gearbox makers of Borderlands don't like it either. Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Evil Within will all be skipping the Wii U. No publisher wants to tackle the incredible amount of down scaling work on their part putting their games out on it. So all those company's and more likely even more will simply have to design a game for the Wii U, and that my friends is completely backwards. To say well there's this really amazing tech with the PS4/XB1, and these current launch sales indicate these DEVELOPERS, not Ninty know what their talking about and doing. This year 2013 proved it. What will it take 2014? 2015? 2016? before you Wii U supporters realize Ninty messed up BIG time this gen. They really put themselves in a hole by going cheap cpu/gpu+tablet this gen. The only way to fix this problem is to bury it like an Atari Jaguar. It's almost like the McDonalds CEO saying, screw hamburgers and fries, we're gonna start selling taco's!! It's just too crazy for developers, so they left.

They still have COD, Batman, AC so that's good for them this holiday season I imagine. But how is that good when a kid in today's economy can get an PS360 for 149.99-219.99? Instead of the Wii U's 300-350 prices? They don't have next gen graphics. Imho they have the most expensive console in the market they are competing with PS360. That's why I think they should just aim for the 199.99 market and put a pro controller with it, unless they can SHOW that tablet DOES something it was created for ENHANCING the GAMES on the Wii U! But like I said they're competing with the PS360 not the PS4/XB1. Their games graphical quality proves it, their CPU capabilities also proves it. Now all they can do is keep telling the public about how they have so many games planned, or just build a better console. What do you honestly think Ninty will be saying for the next few years? Yeah, I thought so too.

They either need to compete with the 149.99-199.99 consoles or show EVERYONE what is so amazing about their controller if they can't just compete with the pro controller+Wii U basic next Christmas. Because they blew it at launch, then they blew it this whole year in Japan, UK, and USA markets. (Globally) I would love to see them make a comeback but they are too deep in their own mess to get out now. Get working on that next console Ninty, that is if you want to make that original Wii money again. ;)

But here is the most intriguing question, if they have another 2013 for 2014 and the system gets canned you get the Sega 32X effect and that is the worldwide gamers begin to universally question Ninty's game making soul, and this leaves all Wii U owners in huge doubt when it comes to Nintys next gen. Which leads to their next console having launch problems with sales because of these phobias/phenomenon. So IF Ninty decided to cut short the Wii U's life cycle in favor of a powerhouse console, it would have to be better technically than a PS4 imho to build the hype to blind people against their newly created 32X effect. Either way Ninty has a heck of a tough road ahead, it won't be cheap to dig their way out either, and they probably ruined their once golden name @ Nintendo. It's becoming synonymous with negative notions now and in the future.

That's a lot of speculative nonsense. At least what I bothered to read. But, hey, thanks!

They still have COD, Batman, AC so that's good for them this holiday season I imagine.

They won't have those games much longer -once those titles move fully to next gen noone will bother with Wii U versions as they sell <2% of total sales

This thread isn't about Nintendo going under, it's about the Wii U being a failure, blah, blah, blah. This thread also has a LOT of posts which apparently validates the OPs point. :rolleyes:

There has only been evidence provided to show that at this very moment, and seemingly near future, the wii-u has sold poorly.

If you took such a short sighted view of the xbox sales you'd say it was a failure as well considering the PS2 sold 120 million and the xbox only 20 million which is only twice as much as the dreamcast. But despite low total sales the xbox was a huge success which acted as a stepping stone for the 360.

What currently is will always be is not exactly the best reasoning. Sure sales are poor now but that doesn't determine sales in the future.....If you remember the DreamCast the reasons it failed had little to do with its hardware sales and everything to do with how Sega operated itself and its brand.

There has only been evidence provided to show that at this very moment, and seemingly near future, the wii-u has sold poorly.

If you took such a short sighted view of the xbox sales you'd say it was a failure as well considering the PS2 sold 120 million and the xbox only 20 million which is only twice as much as the dreamcast. But despite low total sales the xbox was a huge success which acted as a stepping stone for the 360.

What currently is will always be is not exactly the best reasoning. Sure sales are poor now but that doesn't determine sales in the future.....If you remember the DreamCast the reasons it failed had little to do with its hardware sales and everything to do with how Sega operated itself and its brand.

Absolutely right. And everytime anyone mentions Nintendo's ability to weather the storm (poor Wii U sales) we're told their financial health not relevant. But it is and you cannot separate the two.

As I said in another thread, I returned my release day PS4 unopened because there were no games available that I cared about. Most of the big marquee titles are available on platforms I already own (PC and PS3). Knack and Killzone would seem to be mediocre (maybe not...I haven't played either). My wife and I are getting ourselves a Wii U for Christmas this year so I'll pick up the Mario bundle this week and we'll put it under the tree for Christmas Day. She likes the fitness/dancing stuff and I'm excited about Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, W101, and the stack of Wii RPGs that I've accumulated over the last year.

The future for the Wii U looks bright.

Absolutely right. And everytime anyone mentions Nintendo's ability to weather the storm (poor Wii U sales) we're told their financial health not relevant. But it is and you cannot separate the two.

As I said in another thread, I returned my release day PS4 unopened because there were no games available that I cared about. Most of the big marquee titles are available on platforms I already own (PC and PS3). Knack and Killzone would seem to be mediocre (maybe not...I haven't played either). My wife and I are getting ourselves a Wii U for Christmas this year so I'll pick up the Mario bundle this week and we'll put it under the tree for Christmas Day. She likes the fitness/dancing stuff and I'm excited about Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, W101, and the stack of Wii RPGs that I've accumulated over the last year.

The future for the Wii U looks bright.

Knack is horrible. I tried it in the store and I can't believe Sony released complete shovel ware.

Fortunately the Wii U has way more to look forward to right now

They won't have those games much longer -once those titles move fully to next gen noone will bother with Wii U versions as they sell <2% of total sales

To be absolutely fair, it feels more and more like those franchises might not survive too much longer regardless.

And to be even more fair, it may take a couple years before they "fully" switch to the "next gen" consoles, because there's not enough sold to recoup development costs for the PS4 and Xbox One together. If you need to sell 1 million copies of your game to recoup your development costs (could be higher than that now, hard to tell), then you are likely going to try and develop the game for as many consoles as absolutely possible.

Pretty much the only console I buy games for, especially at full price, is my Wii U. Because I trust that the first party Nintendo titles are solid, fully polished and won't be laden down with DLC. One of the few developers I trust like that. So hey, there is that.

And to be even more fair, it may take a couple years before they "fully" switch to the "next gen" consoles, because there's not enough sold to recoup development costs for the PS4 and Xbox One together. If you need to sell 1 million copies of your game to recoup your development costs (could be higher than that now, hard to tell), then you are likely going to try and develop the game for as many consoles as absolutely possible.

You try to develop for as many platforms as is profitable. There's the development cost of creating the port and any additional fees to publish the port on a console. There's also an opportunity cost where the company could have used those same people (or dollars if they contract the job) working on a different product that is more profitable.

You try to develop for as many platforms as is profitable. There's the development cost of creating the port and any additional fees to publish the port on a console. There's also an opportunity cost where the company could have used those same people (or dollars if they contract the job) working on a different product that is more profitable.

Well yes, what is profitable. With developers reporting cost of development quadrupuling for Xbox One/ PS4 development, it's a tall order to expect an exclusive for those consoles when you need to sell at least a million copies of the game.

To be absolutely fair, it feels more and more like those franchises might not survive too much longer regardless.

COD games are more relevant today than Mario bud, FIFA as well. COD Ghosts has sold 80,000 copies on the Wii U and over 1,000,000 copies on the PS4.

Super Mario World has yet to sell 750k but it's getting there, albeit very slowly. :) FIFA 14 has sold almost as many copies as SM3DW on the PS4, and on the PS3 it has sold over 4,000,000 copies.

AC is still a fan friendly series. NONE of these games successive titles in their respective series will be made available on the Wii U. Because the Wii U failes for 3rd party titles and First party titles, the Wii U system fails all around if you haven't noticed. FIFA 14 already is a non-player for the Wii U. Hey if Nintendo likes losing millions fine by me! It's just going to speed up the day I'm playing Nintendo games on my PS4/PS5 dualshock controller.

You can talk and say all the garbage you like, but your precious 1st party Mario franchise is getting smoked by the 3rd party's of Sony's. Nintendo games are a joke when it comes to sales, they are bleeding money and SONY is the one dominating the markets for quite awhile now, not your precious Nintendo. Say goodbye to your Ninty, it will take awhile but it's happening at a speedy pace which I salute!

You think Nintendo is going away, or the Wii U teletran8? Nintendo is going to do fine. Wii U will probably do at least better than gamecube in its life time. With the amount of exposure consoles are getting right now, much more than in the past, i see no reason why it wouldn't.

To stay on topic, no the Wii U is not done.

Now if you're saying Nintendo is going to do worse on the whole than PS4 or Xbone, not as bad as you might think considering their portable market.

COD games are more relevant today than Mario bud, FIFA as well. COD Ghosts has sold 80,000 copies on the Wii U and over 1,000,000 copies on the PS4.

Super Mario World has yet to sell 750k but it's getting there, albeit very slowly. :) FIFA 14 has sold almost as many copies as SM3DW on the PS4, and on the PS3 it has sold over 4,000,000 copies.

AC is still a fan friendly series. NONE of these games successive titles in their respective series will be made available on the Wii U. Because the Wii U failes for 3rd party titles and First party titles, the Wii U system fails all around if you haven't noticed. FIFA 14 already is a non-player for the Wii U. Hey if Nintendo likes losing millions fine by me! It's just going to speed up the day I'm playing Nintendo games on my PS4/PS5 dualshock controller.

You can talk and say all the garbage you like, but your precious 1st party Mario franchise is getting smoked by the 3rd party's of Sony's. Nintendo games are a joke when it comes to sales, they are bleeding money and SONY is the one dominating the markets for quite awhile now, not your precious Nintendo. Say goodbye to your Ninty, it will take awhile but it's happening at a speedy pace which I salute!

Sony can't produce a profit to save their life. For a company that's "Dying", Nintendo still makes a profit in the millions. And Sony doesn't own third parties, hence the term "third parties". Right now, you're seeing the "shiny new" factor when it comes to people buying the PS4, and with such a small library of games, they're picking up a game in a franchise they recognize, even if it's not a very good entry in the franchise.

But hey, remember that games like Mario Kart Wii sell over 30 million over their lifetime. Sales that Call of Duty couldn't touch in a single entry if they tried. By that metric, I guess the Wii was the best console ever made?

only a million on ps4?

hahahhahahahahahaha

we'll see what the long term sales are lol....

You think Nintendo is going away, or the Wii U teletran8? Nintendo is going to do fine. Wii U will probably do at least better than gamecube in its life time. With the amount of exposure consoles are getting right now, much more than in the past, i see no reason why it wouldn't.

To stay on topic, no the Wii U is not done.

Now if you're saying Nintendo is going to do worse on the whole than PS4 or Xbone, not as bad as you might think considering their portable market.

Wii U is selling at dreamcast level to reach Gamecube status they would need to double monthly sales.

And traditional Nintendo stronghold of handheld market is shrinking fast.
3DS is actually going to sell less in 2013 then it did in 2012 despite Pokemon and MH4 launches.

I think some people here are just not seeing the forest through the trees. I don't think Nintendo is done, but the Wii-U is a catastrophic failure. Outsold in a month by brand new systems after its been out for a year now. I don't care what your business model is, thats considered a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back