The "We Never Do Anything Together" Sale ----- Part 1 ----- 2x Alienware Alphas (Custom Configs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGeekFreek

Supreme [H]ardness
BOTH SOLD!

If only I had bought us a couple little sweet gaming boxes for us to have some fun on.
Its not like I have 5 loaded STEAM accounts with a lifetimes worth of things to play setup on them.

This is going to be about a 7 part event of me selling things in pairs because my wife is too damned stupid to see I've been trying to get her to be my player 2 for over 5 years.... I was even gonna hook up her controller.

HEAT

2x Base model Alienware Alphas that were maxed out.
$500/ea or $925 for the pair

Both have:
i7 4790k @ 4GHz
16GB RAM
250GB SSD
XBox Controller
Power Brick
HDMI Cable
Controller Adapter
Original Box and Software.
9.5/10 Condition

OPTIONAL CONFIGS
i7-250SSD-16GB - $500 (Fully loaded, out of box ready)
i7-500GB-16GB - $475 (HDD will come blank)
i3-250SSD-16GB - $375 (Out of box ready)
i3-500gbHDD-16GB - $325 (HDD will come blank)
*Only 1x i3 available

I hope you can read these.. Photobucket is the suck..

**Note, SSD can be swapped for a 500gb HDD for no charge. Just let me know if you want it.
If no one takes the HDD's they will be available as a pair in one of the next parts.

**Removed in warranty note. Just double checked them and realized they both recently expired :(

SOLD:
Natelabo
Diesiel

Last edited:
4.0 is the turbo frequency
3.6 is base clock

CPUz shows 4GHz
If you guys want pictures I'll get them, just may take me a day or so.

Not sure what else to say on them. I played the crap out of Dying Light and DOOM and never had problems.. The other just ended running hyper V so I could run my home VMs in A much more power friendly box..

Both come with Windows 10 Pro installed.

CPUz/Speedfan + CPU&GPU test posted.
Ill keep this unit out if you guys want me beat it up.
I may just post a 3D mark and call it a day.

All I can say is these little boxes rock for everything..
While its not a top end 4K gamer or anything, it does an awesome job at 1080... And I ran 5 VMs on the other without it blinking an eye on performance. 90% of its use was using STEAM Streaming to my TV in the living room and bedroom.. If they ever build Netflix and Amazon Prime into the Steam big picture I'm going to chunk all my other set-top boxes.

Last edited:
Yeah that's cool, I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm genuinely curious, because the Alpha stock CPUs are all 35W TDP, 2C/4T processors. So if you have the stock cooler in there, are you really getting 4.0 GHz under loads?

Try creating an artificial load on the processor and see what happens. Open HWMonitor HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID first and then run Prime95 stress test GIMPS - Free Prime95 software downloads - PrimeNet.

That puts an artificial load on all 4 cores. Now look at HWMonitor and see if the clock speed stays at 4.0 GHz. Thank you.

No problem.
See first benchmark picture.
It was running the built in CPUz CPU stress test and the FurMark GPU test to simulate load and temps.
From what I can see is that it settled at ~2.3Ghz during the benchmark but the test utilization was only at 59% according to the windows performance monitor.
The fluctuating CPU utilization does peg it at 4Ghz occasionally but that hard to simulate and snip.

I already had the 4790's and I wanted to replace the i3's that were in them, wasnt really worried about performance per dollar as these were my only PC's
Even if they dont top out, they run fantastic. They may be overkill for capabilities but that leaves the door open for you get pull the CPU and swap something a little more appropriate and use the pulled CPU for another rig.

It was running the built in CPUz CPU stress test and the FurMark GPU test to simulate load and temps.
From what I can see is that it settled at ~2.3Ghz during the benchmark but the test utilization was only at 59% according to the windows performance monitor.

Got it.

^^ Updated thread.. Verified they are both 4790k

Bumps!
Lots of sharks churning the water on these but no bites yet.
These combos are a steal! Get em while they are hot!

Bump, a lot of hardware packed in there at a stellar price. Wish I had a use for them or I would be all over them.

I have two sons I am looking to get PC upgrades for.
Gonna send you a PM.

By the way, just re-read both of our heatware evals from our last deal, and had a chuckle.

I have two sons I am looking to get PC upgrades for.
Gonna send you a PM.

By the way, just re-read both of our heatware evals from our last deal, and had a chuckle.
Hah.. 2011 was good times :)

I have a few more around that time with some equally badass story telling.,
Thanks for the bumps.. PM replies incomming

Poor you. I'm limited to consoles with my wife as she needs a nintendo character in all the games we play :p

Bump. I feel your pain. I've built my wife gaming computer after gaming computer and it seems that every time I sell her stuff off or use it for other projects, she decides she wants to play a game. I don't think she's touched her Steam account in a few years. So about 6 months ago, I parted the system out. Just last week she mentioned that she kind of wants to play a little bit. *Sigh*

Oh well. Good luck. Those are some nice little setups.

bump for having the balls to call your wife dumb and trying to get her into gaming for all these years.

Sounds harsh, but I'm beyond caring to try anymore.
She wouldnt go outside if her life depended on it, or stop watching shitty sitcoms long enough to actually become educated or involved in any subject. After this long, I've kinda earned the right.. Her only knowledge comes from TV news and commercials, and had a heavy addiction to mobiles games in between. Games were something we could have shared, but it takes 2.

Meh.. Bumps

I'm sorry dude. Sounds like you guys could benefit from a vacation to a remote place to just unplug and reconnect. Have lots of sex. Explore the world. Maybe that will show her there's more to life than living vicariously through fake characters on tv and the associated laugh tracks.

Bump. I feel your pain. I've built my wife gaming computer after gaming computer and it seems that every time I sell her stuff off or use it for other projects, she decides she wants to play a game. I don't think she's touched her Steam account in a few years. So about 6 months ago, I parted the system out. Just last week she mentioned that she kind of wants to play a little bit. *Sigh*

Oh well. Good luck. Those are some nice little setups.
I can't help but laugh at this scenario (of parting out the gaming computer due to lack of use) because I am here like "Hmm I already have 4 gaming rigs, but I also have this really nice Corsair 780T case that needs some loving. Maybe I should do another build... ugh I don't know. FIVE computers seems a bit obsessive."
HA, first world problems.
EDIT: Yes, I know I might have a problem. :p

Bump bump..
Still sitting on these things.. not sure why, you are basically stealing them at 500$

Agreed solid deal. I would consider these for a build if I wasn't already 80% complete on the one I have been tasked to do.

Gonna throw these optional configs out there..

i7-250SSD-16GB
- $500 (Fully loaded, out of box ready)
i7-500GB-16GB - $475 (HDD will come blank)
i3-250SSD-16GB - $375 (Out of box ready)
i3-500gbHDD-16GB - $325 (HDD will come blank)

Good for you making the hard call and doing what needs to be done. She sounds like a nearly worthless lump dragging down a man who wants to do shit with his life.

Bump for well wishes.

Bumps

BREAKDOWN!

New Unmodded Base model i3 Alpha from Dell - $400 + tax and Ship
4790k ~ $300
16GB Ram ~ $50
256GB SSD ~ $60
Total ~ $830

Each of these alphas is worth almost what I'm asking for BOTH!
How do I still have these?!?

Last edited:
Bumps

BREAKDOWN!

New Unmodded Base model i3 Alpha from Dell - $400 + tax and Ship
4790k ~ $300
16GB Ram ~ $50
256GB SSD ~ $60
Total ~ $830

Each of these alphas is worth almost what I'm asking for BOTH!
How do I still have these?!?
I DON'T KNOW! Man, if I had the use for these, I would be all over them!

can you confirm that with prime95 the cpu will max out at 4ghz/100%?

With all 8 logical cores loaded it sits at 2.6Ghz (Prime95)
Routine tasking on multithreaded applications it actually went as high as 4.28Ghz. (OCCT)
Average idle stayed around 3.3Ghz (OCCT)

Looks like it can put power where the task is but cant pull a full 4Ghz on all logical cores at once. I monitored while playing the Forest and it stayed between 3.3 and 3.9 but mostly across 4 cores.. So, YMMV on how the software is designed but everything is pretty much lightning fast.

I'd love to grab one to put on my HDTV, but I only just managed to finally unload my two 970's for enough to invest in some 1080's and the main PC has to come first.

If not for that though.. I'd be all over one of those maxed out units.

Got one of the lowest end model for my mom to use off Amazon months ago and they are great little boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back