The warranty void sticker fell off of my EVGA GTX 275

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
I looked inside my case and saw the "warranty void if removed" sticker fell off of my EVGA GTX 275. Looks like it was due to heat and dust, and the sticker is still completely intact. Is my warranty now void?

I looked inside my case and saw the "warranty void if removed" sticker fell off of my EVGA GTX 275. Looks like it was due to heat and dust, and the sticker is still completely intact. Is my warranty now void?

If it just fell off and you need to warranty it, I'm sure EVGA would be understand if you had an intact warranty sticker and gave them your story.

I mean, these things are usually tamper resistant. They can probably tell if it fell off or if it was pulled off.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Doesn't seem to be all that tamper resistant when heat and dust are all that it takes to remove one. :)

I doubt it matters. You need to remove the warranty stickers on the GTX 470s to install water cooling and that is not supposed to void your warranty. If it did, I'm sure we'd be seeing complaints about that.

lick it and put it back on.. :p lol jk dont do that.. nah you should be fine.. its basically there for people that try to do volt mods on the card since below that sticker is usually the area needed to do the volt mod..

lick it and put it back on.. :p lol jk dont do that.. nah you should be fine.. its basically there for people that try to do volt mods on the card since below that sticker is usually the area needed to do the volt mod..

I already glued it back on using my trusty hot glue gun. :eek:

Same thing happened with one of my 260's.
I tried sticking it back on with a looped piece of electrical tape (since that's one of the few things that wouldn't short out the backside of the PCB) but that fell off as well). I'm just going to keep the thing in a safe place. I'm sure we're not the only 2 people they've fallen off on.

Same thing happened with one of my 260's.
I tried sticking it back on with a looped piece of electrical tape (since that's one of the few things that wouldn't short out the backside of the PCB) but that fell off as well). I'm just going to keep the thing in a safe place. I'm sure we're not the only 2 people they've fallen off on.

ive had a few fall off.. but im lazy and dont bother with RMA's anyways so it doesnt really effect me..

Back