The War Z - Zombie Survival MMO

Sounds like these developers are worse than a real zombie apocalypse!!! Thanks to everyone for the heads up and I will also avoid this.

Sad it made it to steam and will sucker a few people in... there is a flame war on the steam forums as well.

:eek:

Spent $25 on the alpha..I gave it a try, knew it was unfinished, and waited patiently/forum browsed reading updates about what they are adding in the future. Game releases unfinished on steam OUT OF NOWHERE for $15.....wow, just wow. I'm writing my email for a refund, apparently it's pretty easy to get refunds from this company from what I gather. I think I'll do the smart thing and wait for the DayZ standalone.

Theoretically, yes. But there are apparently a few places that are still possible to reach without cheating, so there are people claiming to have been banned wrongly. Also it doesn't really stop a cheater from picking up the bait items and dropping it where anyone else could come along and find it.

The funny part is that they kept claiming that it was going to be this "99.9% effective, personalized" process when in reality it's the laziest BS ever. Plus, even after the backlash they STILL claim it's 99.9% effective.

These kind of games (DayZ & WarZ) without objective is very silly. Just PVP here, PVP there, PVP everywhere! And the advertised zombies are just bunch of fillers in a PVP world. MMO really does have one of the lowest standards.

I warned my friends not to buy it.

It's not an MMO, just multiplayer deathmatch servers of 50 or so player limit on a tiny map.

Nothing listed as implimented features in the WarZ steam list exist, and there will never be PvE.

It's War Inc reskinned at best with Zombie pilons.

Please don't get, unless you win a copy... :)

I said it once before, you could shit in a bag and write "Zombie game" on it and people would fight over who could toss the most money at me.

I said it once before, you could shit in a bag and write "Zombie game" on it and people would fight over who could toss the most money at me.

Wait a minute, if I shat on a bag people would throw YOU money? :mad:

:p

Just an FYI, if you did buy this game, it's as simple as emailing them and saying "my game doesn't work" and you will get a full refund. I bought this game 2 months ago and just got a refund.

Saw this posted on the Steam forums. It's a post by Sergey Titov from their forums from back in May. Pretty much proves that the game, at least as far as the zombie survival aspect, wasn't actually in development for years like they claimed.

Great quote from Sergey Titov.
Finally found it. He made this post in May of this year, and later deleted his post. Google Cache no longer has it as well, and if anyone's caught posting it on the official forums, they get banned. Have a gander (did I really just use the word 'gander'?).

2gudpvm.jpg

Sorry for the use of tinypic, imgur was being a snob.

So my question is if that pic exists why can't either Dayz or arma owners sue them and shut it down?

I saw this on steam last night, bought it, played it, and honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's just another mediocre zombie title.

Guys who bought the alpha shouldn't be complaining, it was advertised as an alpha right?

Played for a few hours last night and prettymuch not interesting. Never found a gun, at all. Kinda disappointing when I have to bash zombies with flashlights for three hours. Got killed a couple times by other players.

But seriously people, what do you want? It's a zombie survival game, not call of duty.

So my question is if that pic exists why can't either Dayz or arma owners sue them and shut it down?

I'm guessing because the makers of Arma II didn't invent and patent the zombie video game.

Did they rip it off? Oh for sure. Look at the timing of the whole thing. They are trying to edge out DayZ by releasing a half-assed product on Steam with the hopes of getting a ton of users.

But did they break the law? I don't think so. That doesn't mean they aren't lying douchebags though.

Last edited:
Still not sure how it ended up on Steam in the first place, without at least going through the Greenlight process. I can see them having a Steam release already lined up for the future once all the features were implemented, but 90% of the advertised features are still missing, and it doesn't say anywhere that the game is still in beta, which it certainly is.

Like all of you, I am also flabbergasted that this game is now on Steam with a feature list that is not even implemented into the game.

I've supported this game since the beginning but after all that has happened this is the last straw to make me see the light.

Really, all the game needs in the short-term is an anti-cheat to be an amazing game. Sadly I'm not sure that we will ever get one before the game goes under.

The devs really screwed themselves with this pre-mature Steam release.

Well it played out much worse than I thought it would. I think the bottom line is they wanted, will, and have capitalized on Dayz. They wanted to beat them to the punch, and they have with a shitty product that is a misrepresentation of what the product actually is. They have been misleading to customers the entire way and I'm disappointed its now on steam.

Still not sure how it ended up on Steam in the first place, without at least going through the Greenlight process.

to my knowledge Greenlight is a funding program for developers who don't have the time/money to put into a game idea they think might be a hit with users. This wouldn't qualify since they've been developing (using the term loosely here since it's level of polish and 'doneness' is up for debate) it on their own dime.

If anything this release will make Dayz standalone even better because WarZ will make all the mistakes.

to my knowledge Greenlight is a funding program for developers who don't have the time/money to put into a game idea they think might be a hit with users. This wouldn't qualify since they've been developing (using the term loosely here since it's level of polish and 'doneness' is up for debate) it on their own dime.

If anything this release will make Dayz standalone even better because WarZ will make all the mistakes.

Incorrect Greenlight is a voting and submission system Valve is toying around with to let users vet games for Steam to publish to relieve them of some the burden and allow users some input in the Steam Marketplace. You'd be referring to Kickstarter or indiegogo. Steam does not sell unknowingly unfinished games.

No the WarZ publisher which it sounds like publishes a bunch of similar bullshit contacted and made some sort of arrangement with Valve. the problem is Valve can be stubburn and stupid about these things. If this thing really is still Beta/Alpha Valve would have to be confronted with enough evidence to make them break contract without losing all the money they're getting from this.

Incorrect Greenlight is a voting and submission system Valve is toying around with to let users vet games for Steam to publish to relieve them of some the burden and allow users some input in the Steam Marketplace.

I stand corrected. If it continues to sell well it will only be (regretfully) less likely that Valve will shut it down. More likely they'd give the developer a chance to "fix" whatever issues are causing widespread user dissatisfaction.

Last edited:
Kind of a LOL statement from one of the devs:

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthrea...oundation-Release-features-hackers-issues-etc

So basically they are admitting to releasing an unfinished game (calling it a "BASE", lol) with no mention of such on Steam, and also that people who speak ill of the game are "DayZ fanboys".

I also highly question that "93% approval rate". My guess is that's on their own forums, where if you speak out against the game you get banned, so it's probably all fanboys around there as well.

Also, I'm sorry, but a game that is as feature incomplete as this game is has no business being called anything outside of Alpha stage.

wow, with that approval rating BS they sound like Funcom in July. and the DayZ boogeyman shit....these guys are Funcom and EnMasse rolled into one, lol.

Kind of a LOL statement from one of the devs:

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthrea...oundation-Release-features-hackers-issues-etc

So basically they are admitting to releasing an unfinished game (calling it a "BASE", lol) with no mention of such on Steam, and also that people who speak ill of the game are "DayZ fanboys".

I also highly question that "93% approval rate". My guess is that's on their own forums, where if you speak out against the game you get banned, so it's probably all fanboys around there as well.

Also, I'm sorry, but a game that is as feature incomplete as this game is has no business being called anything outside of Alpha stage.

Looks like they already took down the page.

24lqxxj.png

I hope this game fails and that the DayZ standalone is successful.

Day Z standalone will more than likely be just as bad judging by the work rocket has done. The sad thing is both games are an amazing idea just poorly implemented.

Day Z standalone will more than likely be just as bad judging by the work rocket has done. The sad thing is both games are an amazing idea just poorly implemented.

I don't see why, the problems I see with DayZ basically stem from the limitations being that it's a mod for a clunky and unoptimized military simulator. We can at least hope that DayZ standalone, while still being based on the ARMA engine, will at least have the right optimizations and features that it needs from the ground up.

Oh, and it looks like all the negative threads on the Steam discussions are being deleted as well now.

Oh, and it looks like all the negative threads on the Steam discussions are being deleted as well now.

You're kidding me... how!? Don't tell me that Hammerpoint has convinced Valve that they're being "unfairly trolled" and now Valve is starting to censor threads...

I hope this game fails and that the DayZ standalone is successful.

QFT.

DayZ has it's issues, but honestly, is far, far better than this piece of shit from these scamming shit-heads. Main thing that I did like about WarZ was the more realistic zombies, but DayZ is working on variation and more "realistic" zombies coming.

The only other "issue" I wish was better, is different, less repetitive and more atmospheric environments, but I don't know if they'd change the way the forests etc. look, but the mood is there already. I just wish it looked a little more like actual moody forests, like what WarZ has going, but with actual up-to-par visuals/textures.

Not sure what all the other custom maps offer, as I've not had a chance to play them as of yet. Think I'll wait for the standalone.

I don't see why, the problems I see with DayZ basically stem from the limitations being that it's a mod for a clunky and unoptimized military simulator. We can at least hope that DayZ standalone, while still being based on the ARMA engine, will at least have the right optimizations and features that it needs from the ground up.

Again, QFT.

I think Rocket and Bohemia are really actually working to take DayZ a lot further and turn it into something far better unto itself. They have a lot planned, technically and aesthetically, so hopefully they're able to do so, especially having two main members of their team unfairly imprisoned in a jail in fuckin' Greece. What a nightmare that shit is... hope those guys are returned home soon.

Holy shit, I don't believe it... they've got their fingers in the Steam pie, as it were, and fucking Kewk, one of the asshole head developers, is actually now running and controlling the discussion hub on Steam!

Wtf!? Steam is actually allowing this!?

Man, this is unbelievable. Such a thing has never been possible/allowed. No one person, not even a dev, has ever been given power over a discussion hub on Steam. It's a public discussion area, not controlled by any one person. Discussion hubs are not privately created/run groups, which are separate things that do exist.

What the hell is Valve doing and letting these guys get away with!? Unbelievable.

More "damage control", but I cant believe Valve gave them that power. You know what's coming next, right? An attack on TotalBiscuit to get him to remove his video. Watch, it will happen. Especially because he's calling them out on their false advertising and outright dishonesty, which is the truth.

sergey just quoted

We've taken steps to correct this and format information presented on our Steam Store page in a way so it provides more clear information about game features that are present in the Foundation Release and what to expect in the coming weeks.

We also want to extend our apologies to all players who misread infromation about game features.

My parents always got infromation wrong too. Like when they named my brother Anfrony.

Still says 100 person servers Surgegay.

My parents always got infromation wrong too. Like when they named my brother Anfrony.

Still says 100 person servers Surgegay.

People who "misread" information? Is this asshole for real?

Man, I deal with enough manipulation like that from my wife (ha ha), I don't need it from game developers. "Misread"? Unbelievable.

Right, so several hundred people "misread" the information that was originally released, that was released on Steam, misread the blatantly dishonest actions such as rash and unfair bans and more, and all the smoking gun proof that they've been lying etc. has all just been one mass hallucination.

Such blatant attempted psychological manipulation should be punishable by a severe beating delivered by every consumer who's had to put up with their bullshit.

What a snake, man.

I'd still like to know how the hell they convinced Valve to allow Kewk to "moderate" a public discussion hub on Steam. Simply unbelievable, these guys just wont stop.

The original store page has changed several times over now. Somebody posted the original but they've already shut down his thread so here's a nice pretty copy.

That pic doesn't mention it but you can check the total biscuit review he played for hours without ever finding a weapon. It looks like they are withholding some or all the weapons for microtransactions. Signed the petition.

16h0u1z.jpg

GameSpy: A Shocking Interview With The War Z Developer On False Steam Store Claims - so now everyone is being called-out on this situation, including Valve/Steam for allowing this situation to occur.

Article quote before the interview begins:

Before we dive into the transcript, which we're presenting only slightly edited to repair the overlapping chaos that inevitably happens in IM conversations and patch up some broken English, here's a brief summary of the events that led us here: Where the Steam store page promised multiple maps ranging in size from 100 to 400 square kilometers, buyers found just one roughly 100 square km map. Where it promised 100 players per server, it delivered just 50. Where it promised rentable private servers, levelable skills, and friends lists, there was simply nothing available but menu screen placeholders. That means that thousands -- likely tens of thousands (based on Steam's concurrent players stats) -- purchased this game while under the impression that had features it simply doesn't.

While the store information was amended this morning to move most of those claims -- except for the 100-player servers -- to an "upcoming features" section, that's a shocking breach of trust from the Steam's store, which has in the past been reliable when it comes to describing features. We've contacted both Valve and Hammerpoint for comment. Valve has yet to respond regarding its policy for fact-checking developer-supplied feature lists. We'll keep you posted on that, when and if we get a response.

The interviewer slammed him and called him out hard, ha ha You should read down through the interview.

This guy's (the dev) attitude and ego are absolutely astounding. Unbelievable. Contradiction and avoidance after contradiction and avoidance, more bullshit actually blaming the public for their "interpretations", basically, and now putting the responsibility on Steam to handle refunds (yeah, "it's their problem now", is his attitude) etc.... it's totally unreal.

Last edited:
Back