The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners

MavericK

Zero Cool
Haven't picked this up yet, but may check it out with my Boneworks refund money. A bit more expensive, but apparently a lot more "game" than Boneworks from what I've heard.

Anyone have any experience with this one? It's getting some pretty rave reviews.

I picked this up - haven't played too much so far but I'm liking it a lot better than Boneworks. The weapons (particularly guns) don't feel quite as good, but the feeling of stabbing a zombie in the head with a screwdriver does feel really satisfying. It also hasn't made me nauseous so far, as generally the movement is a lot slower and the FOV tightens a bit, which helps with the disorientation. Looking forward to putting more time into it, it seems really well-made and like there's an actual legit game here.

So not much of a spoiler, but in the first day when you out to the main town, you'll probably run into a woman who gives you a quest. If you don't actually finish that quest within the first day, she will disappear if you leave and cycle the days, so you miss the reward. You have a time limit on how long you want to be out, since when the day is "over", these bells ring and the zombies get way more aggressive and numerous. You have a watch on your hand that tracks the time, but it is a bit hard to tell how much actual time is left since it's just a gauge and not any sort of numerical value.

Just an FYI if you are starting fresh. Since I've only played a day and a half or so, I might actually just restart so I can complete the quest.

Anyone else running this on a 2070 or less?

It freezes for me every so often on my gaming laptop with a 2070. I haven't tried it on my desktop with a 2080ti yet, though.

Last edited:
I am running it on a GTX 1080 and it seems fine. I've heard of framerate drops later in the game but I haven't experienced any yet.

I don't think it's on 100% max detail, but mostly maxed out. Looks great and runs good so far.

I'm also running an original Vive, so if you're on something with a higher resolution it might be a different story.

I started the game and got a bit discouraged after dying twice fairly early into the game and losing everything I picked up. I also wish there was a teleport option for movement. The FOV 'binoculars' are annoying but I do get nauseous moving around with the touch pad, mostly because the movement isn't always what I expect it to be. I'm going to pick it back up but those two things kinda quelled my early ambition to play.

Seems to run fine on my laptop with a 1070.

Don't forget you can just grab zombies' heads and shove them away, or hold onto them while you aim the dagger into their face. Unless you get swarmed it's really not too difficult, just make sure you are back near an exit before the clock bells go off (pay attention to your watch).

Haven’t had a lot of time to play lately, but combat and climb mechanics really surprised me early on.

Back