The Verge Ridiculed for "How We Built a $2000 Custom Gaming PC" Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone needs to relax, they've obviously seen the errors of their ways and are simply trying to make sure their bad advice is completely gone so it doesn't misinform more people. /s

Okay, yeah. I don't buy that either but it is pretty funny that they're bringing attention back to it after it was mostly forgotten and pretty disgusting that people are getting copyright strikes for something that should fall under fair use.

I watched pauls hardware talk about it. he highlights the twenty or so mistakes they made. He made really excellent points, not feeding into the negativity, about how they could have handled this better. Pointing out folks like LTT who will totally vlog their extreme fuck ups.

Im a hardware/software engineer. I work on gear worth millions of dollars everyday and no I dont always use a strap or do things in the exact right order. sometimes I forget to setup my rs-232 config properly locking my dumbass out and sometimes at home ill install a full kit in a case before benching because im lazy and I trust my gear. This isnt about the fuck ups. its about being honest and open. If like any mature channel, like gn's recent liquid nitro video, theyd said "hey we're just some nerds tryna build a pc, leave comments below", they woulda been fine. instead they were prototypical, self-righteous, know -it-all millenial assholes and threw a hissy fit when people lol'd at them. Im 1982, I know my people and they make me ashamed to be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back