The Vega Pre-Order Thread

Why will you pre-order AMD Vega?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anyone sees one of these come up for sale for pre-order and doesn't mind sharing the love - please text me after you secure yours. I imagine these things will sell out in minutes, and even though I'm googling Vega pre-order multiple times per day - I doubt I'll catch it.
-
-

You think these things might go up for sale at midnight tonight? Or more like start of business tomorrow?

If anyone sees one of these come up for sale for pre-order and doesn't mind sharing the love - please text me after you secure yours. I imagine these things will sell out in minutes, and even though I'm googling Vega pre-order multiple times per day - I doubt I'll catch it.
-
-

You think these things might go up for sale at midnight tonight? Or more like start of business tomorrow?
I am guessing it will be when the Non Disclosure Agreement ends for the pre-testers...which is at 9am EST tomorrow morning.

Also, for what it's worth, Newegg literally just put order-limits on their Ryzen processors (2 per order) and the Samsung monitor (5 per order). That is all new and just popped up in the last five minutes. Clearly in anticipation of the bundle deals.

Also, since Microcenter just slashed their price on that Samsung monitor, I am betting that they will not be offering the bundle deals. There is a $200 difference in price between Newegg and Microcenter, so with the bundle (i.e., Newegg) the price is the same as without the bundle (i.e., Microcenter).

Another piece of data: Amazon is showing no stock for Ryzen 7 1800x CPUs. Not for Prime anyway. There are 1700x's in stock. Still no Crosshair VI Extreme (for anyone wanting that MoBo with their bundle).

EDIT: Now it is on the site, but out of stock. Looks like they are updating stuff in prep for the new GPU launch.

Original Post:
And.........now Newegg is no longer showing the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme on their site. It has been there (albeit out of stock) for the last week (and was there just 30 minutes ago). Now of a sudden it is nowhere to be found on Newegg.

This is the worst experience I've had in a while.

Last edited:
EDIT: Now it is on the site, but out of stock. Looks like they are updating stuff in prep for the new GPU launch.

Original Post:
And.........now Newegg is no longer showing the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme on their site. It has been there (albeit out of stock) for the last week (and was there just 30 minutes ago). Now of a sudden it is nowhere to be found on Newegg.

This is the worst experience I've had in a while.

How is Newegg updating inventory making this the "worst experience"? Have like 5 seconds of patience.

How is Newegg updating inventory making this the "worst experience"? Have like 5 seconds of patience.
That comment was in the original post I had made...wherein the Mobo had been on their site all week (including earlier today) and then suddenly disappeared. I left the comment when I edited the post because...well...I didn't want to hide the fact that I was frustrated earlier. Your point is taken nonetheless. ;)

Microcenter just slashed their price on Ryzen 7 1800x CPUs to $350. That's over $110 less than Newegg and the lowest I've ever seen. They also cut the price of the 1700x to $290. Also the lowest I've seen..

Again, my guess is that Microcenter will not have the bundle packages, but will offer the components (CPU, Monitor, and GPU) individually at prices that match competitors who are offering the bundle.

If anyone sees one of these come up for sale for pre-order and doesn't mind sharing the love - please text me after you secure yours.
I'm down, but with the way these things tend to sell, it would likely be sold out by the time I finish the text.

Microcenter Update (regarding Bundles):

As of right now (11:40 p.m. CST), Ryzen 7 CPUs are showing available only in physical stores. It appears that they took them down from their Online store.

As of right now (11:40 p.m. CST), Ryzen 7 CPUs are showing available only in physical stores. It appears that they took them down from their Online store.
Assumably ensuring they have stock on hand for bundles?

MicroCenter has never sold CPUs on their online store.

MicroCenter has never sold CPUs on their online store.
That's really weird, then, because I have the store option set to "Web Store" and always have, and when I searched for CPUs earlier today, it listed the Ryzen 7 1800x and 1700x as in stock and ready to ship. You can see my post earlier in this thread.

I totally believe/trust you...I'm just saying it was listed as available earlier today. I'm getting pretty loopy at this point, though....so who knows. Could have all just been a dream.

That's really weird, then, because I have the store option set to "Web Store" and always have, and when I searched for CPUs earlier today, it listed the Ryzen 7 1800x and 1700x as in stock and ready to ship. You can see my post earlier in this thread.

I totally believe/trust you...I'm just saying it was listed as available earlier today. I'm getting pretty loopy at this point, though....so who knows. Could have all just been a dream.
My guess is it was an error on the website and they fixed it. Because of their low pricing on CPUs, they want people to come to the store and buy other parts while there. Its possible they changed and started selling some online, but they havent in the past (at least the last 9 years Ive been shopping there).

My guess is it was an error on the website and they fixed it. Because of their low pricing on CPUs, they want people to come to the store and buy other parts while there. Its possible they changed and started selling some online, but they havent in the past (at least the last 9 years Ive been shopping there).
Thanks. That totally makes sense. None of their Intel CPUs are showing available for shipping, so that is consistent with what you are saying.

I guess that means I can just rule them out completely as an option for a Ryzen/MOBO/Monitor/GPU bundle option.

Newegg and Amazon are the only options, and only Newegg has the ROG C6E Mobo I want...so I guess it's Newegg (and their jacked-up prices). Sigh.

Microcenter just slashed their price on Ryzen 7 1800x CPUs to $350. That's over $110 less than Newegg and the lowest I've ever seen. They also cut the price of the 1700x to $290. Also the lowest I've seen..

Again, my guess is that Microcenter will not have the bundle packages, but will offer the components (CPU, Monitor, and GPU) individually at prices that match competitors who are offering the bundle.
Prices were like that before the announcement. Before TR was announced, Vega as well, the 1800X was stated to be reduced, because of TR- an assumption. I checked MicroCenter and it was listed as $350. The monitor I didn't check till after the announcement so not sure on that one.

Anybody figured out what monitors we can buy with that limited edition coupon?

AMD is really bungling this launch IMO for lack of info.

I think I managed to get 2 Vegas. NewEgg cancelled some of my orders though (I guess they're strict with the 1 per customer thing). I wanted 2 of the same brand for Crossfire, but the reference designs are probably the same anyhow (I got one Gigabyte and one Powercolor).

They are packing my order!!!!

upload_2017-8-14_6-49-12.png

Well, that'll teach me not to wait for what was advertised / marketed. Sat here refreshing over and over waiting for the liquid cooled version and bundle to show up. Had ample opportunity to buy an air-cooled bundle, but I refused. Now I guess I am SOL and won't get anything until ShopBLT sends me the overpriced one I pre-ordered a few days ago. I guess the Aqua Packs were vaporware.

$700 at Microcenter for the air 64. Forget that. If 56 core magically does 40mhash with timings mod, and releases at it's $400 MSRP, I might pick one up. But I doubt it it will (either price or hash).

I got 3 vega 64 from amazon, but after I read the review from Hardforum, I probably won't keep them because the performance is the below 1080 ?? COME ON AMD!!! no way it is slower than 1 years old 1080.

wait. if you buy one, you need to pay 599.99, and 2+ for 799.99? what a bull shit...

I ended up calling Newegg and was able to get one of the bundles (with an MSI MoBo, Ryzen 7 1800x, Samsung monitor, and two free games). Now I'll just wait for the ROG Crosshair VI Extreme, and then sell the MSI MoBo. All in all I guess it worked out, but not having the liquid cooled versions available at launch is very disappointing.

none on amazon.CA
none on newegg.ca
none at canadacomputers.com
none @ ncix.CA

however
GIGABYTE Radeon RX VEGA 64 SILVER 8G HBM2 (GV-RXVEGA64SIL-8GD-B)
(limited edition) is the same price as reference $899 canadian.

plus, even with the exchange, comes out to $707 USD for the REFERENCE (isnt it supposed to be 599????????) non brushed aluminum card. This is the only site where the prices are the same for limited and regular, although none have stock.

Back