The Vega Pre-Order Thread

Why will you pre-order AMD Vega?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RX 480 type of situation I think, 1060 6GB being outclassed by a RX 480, 56 over 1070, but 64 vs 1080 neck and neck. (Damn mining messed up pricing, I feel like RX 580/480 were higher msrp but still outclassed 1060 6GB in a performance/value ratio, but my memory is faulty.)

Edit: 64 vs 1080 not neck and neck. Most likely a loss.
1060 6GB was/is better then 480, but would cost a bit more and not have dual card support.

OCUK apparently has over 1000 of these in stock, so it seems supply is good. Yet the prices are being increased well over the odds for a card that looks like being slightly faster than a 1080?

Not sure wtf some of these retailers are smoking or if it's amd who have ratcheted up the price despite what their slides showed.

Frys has as the "cheapest" RX Vega 64 SKU listed, which is $100 above MSRP.

http://www.frys.com/product/9284309

Capture.JPG

NCIX in canada had a ridiculous premium over newegga.ca

GG Canadian retailers

Aaaaand ... gone. I managed to get a preorder of two of the XFX cards in, given the ease of returning to Fry's (20m drive from where I am). Decided to go in for a third about 30 minutes later ... "preorder limit exceeded." That didn't take long ...

Status far exceeds performance now days.
It blows my mind. I started building overclocking because computers sucked and it actually gave me an 'edge' in gaming; the gains were appreciable. I'm a hardware junkie and builder through and through, but still do purpose-focused builds and use them for that purpose; this idea of status blows my mind but I guess that's just what make some people excited...

gotta love pre-ordering without knowing actual performance...

If they suck and/or I can get them cheaper later, I'll just return them. I'm only out like two bucks in gas and less than an hour of my time.

But if miners end up buying up all the stock and driving up the price to full retard, I stand to gain a lot more than a couple of bucks.

A lot of upside for not a lot of downside.

this idea of status blows my mind but I guess that's just what make some people excited...

I think its more about (look what I got and you didn't, even if it costs them more than it should.) & making themselves feel important to others. Social media has ALOT to do with it.

I think its more about (look what I got and you didn't, even if it costs them more than it should.) & making themselves feel important to others. Social media has ALOT to do with it.
Not necessarily. I am buying the watercooled one, if I can get it... ,and I do not care if it beats Nvidia or not. I only run AMD hardware and the Vega will definitely be faster than my R9-290, which now is being used by my wife and I now have her R7-370 (only gotten because 470/480s were already bought out). I should have gotten the FuryX @$300 but money was not playing fair at the time.

Ryan just stated nothing changed in mining from their FE showing, so not going to order till or if we get Dev's to optimize their miners for Vega, and it is shown it can mine more within reasonable power consumption.

Hell I would just like some ordering specifics. Like who and when. Newegg doesn't have the monitor so not sure how that is going to work. Microcenter has the monitor But I am unsure of 2 things: will they have Vega and will there be a line?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hell I would just like some ordering specifics. Like who and when. Newegg doesn't have the monitor so not sure how that is going to work. Microcenter has the monitor But I am unsure of 2 things: will they have Vega and will there be a line?
Newegg definitely has the monitor. I've had it in my cart for over a week now. Interesting thing is, they just increased the price by almost $200!!! It was cheaper than Amazon, but now it's over $100 more than on Amazon. Damnit.

Here is a summary of the current situation at three online retailers:

• Microcenter has the monitor (as noted earlier in the thread) and CPUs, but doesn't have the Rog Crosshair VI Extreme motherboard (which is one of the three offered in the bundle) or the GPU.

• Amazon is the same....has the monitor and CPUs, but no GPU or Crosshair VI Extreme.

• Newegg has everything except the GPU (i.e., the Monitor, CPUs and Motherboard), but just increased the monitor price by close to $200 (thus negating a big chunk of the discount).

This whole launch is frustrating as hell for us average joe enthusiasts/consumers.

Last edited:
Plus, get up to $200 USD discount from participating retailers on select Radeon™ FreeSync capable monitors.*

They changed it to multiple selections. Before it was just the one I linked.

They changed it to multiple selections. Before it was just the one I linked.
What in the ever-loving fudge is this crap??? I just checked the Radeon site, and you are right!

They had to have changed this today, as it had specified the Samsung C34F791 from day-one. Now they change it at the last second? Guess I should have anticipated something like this.

Now I have no idea if there is going to be a single SKU for a bundle (e.g., the Aqua Pack), or if each item has to be added manually to the cart. If it is the latter, that is going to take a lot of extra time, and the cards could sell out before completely the full purchase.

What in the ever-loving fudge is this crap??? I just checked the Radeon site, and you are right!

They had to have changed this today, as it had specified the Samsung C34F791 from day-one. Now they change it at the last second? Guess I should have anticipated something like this.

Now I have no idea if there is going to be a single SKU for a bundle (e.g., the Aqua Pack), or if each item has to be added manually to the cart. If it is the latter, that is going to take a lot of extra time, and the cards could sell out before completely the full purchase.
I check it about 3 times an hour last few days. And their Facebook and Twitter and main site AMD.com. Then check all forums and review sites for any updates. SUCKS.

It says it varies from region, so not sure, no listing of particular monitors.

https://gaming.radeon.com/en-us/rxvega/

great -- so while I'm looking through the monitor options the first moment I can for the card launch, the actual card will be snagged out from under me by someone who doesn't care about the bundle.

Sounds like I better not care about the bundle either. I don't need a monitor, but for the right price I guess I could try it -- I'd prefer a 38". if there is $200 off the 38" version (and the prices don't get jacked up) then I'm in for sure.

For instance --- if this one is $800 with the coupon -- I'm in.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/474803/XR382CQK_375_Curved_UltraWide_QHD_IPS_LED_Display_Monitor

great -- so while I'm looking through the monitor options the first moment I can for the card launch, the actual card will be snagged out from under me by someone who doesn't care about the bundle.

Sounds like I better not care about the bundle either. I don't need a monitor, but for the right price I guess I could try it -- I'd prefer a 38". if there is $200 off the 38" version (and the prices don't get jacked up) then I'm in for sure.

For instance --- if this one is $800 with the coupon -- I'm in.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/474803/XR382CQK_375_Curved_UltraWide_QHD_IPS_LED_Display_Monitor
Think it has to be freesync to get $200 applied.

Don't judge by resellerratings, They are a scam site. IF your site doesn't pay for membership they just post tons of negative reviews.

Off-topic, but isn't that supposedly (more or less) Yelp's business model as well? I've read a few online news articles recently about Yelp that suggest just that.

Back