The Vega Pre-Order Thread

Why will you pre-order AMD Vega?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They might be available at launch that is what it sounded like to me AMD rep stated in a video they want to make sure there is enough cards for gamers and miners hence the delayed launch day of Aug. 14th.

https://videocardz.com/71591/rumor-amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-to-be-great-for-mining

According to OCUK, hash rate is 70-100 on Vega. Videocardz thinks that the Radeon Packs were made to guard against miners. Isn't a hashrate of 70-100 insanely high through? According to TechSpot, the hashrate of 1080Ti is just 30.

Edit: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31026708
Hopefully just a rumor then on OCUK's part and it won't be so high as 70.
This is 100% bullshit. He just wants miners to rush to preorder/buy.

This is 100% bullshit. He just wants miners to rush to preorder/buy.

except it's not just one source anymore:
Now Steve from GN is stating the same from independent sources of his own.

Gamer Nexus joins the mining rumor train, says they "independently" confirmed with their sources in industry that RX Vega will be around 70 for mining. (Hes not sure if 56 or 64). I've linked the video to timestamp.

Also, NKD, GN says 56 will be likely shipping reference later in August/Early September, seems like AMD has not been clear about if it comes with the launch date of 14th of August.

Or AMD could have easily some how locked out mining performance from gaming vega and reserved it for vega FE. But on face its all about gamers and on the back its all about money! They see a turd on their hands in gaming so they are counting on miners. Thats the real deal! This bullshit about we care about gamers is just bullshit!

Atleast all gamers will be able to get nvidia cards now lol. So I guess you can thank amd in one way.

Or AMD could have easily some how locked out mining performance from gaming vega and reserved it for vega FE. But on face its all about gamers and on the back its all about money! They see a turd on their hands in gaming so they are counting on miners. Thats the real deal! This bullshit about we care about gamers is just bullshit!

Atleast all gamers will be able to get nvidia cards now lol. So I guess you can thank amd in one way.

Hmm. Maybe. Isn't mining based on memory bandwidth? Aren't we seeing some bandwidth problems with FE? Could be simply a side effect of improving it. Considering AMD would like to compete with 1080 (which we are doubting) I'm not sure they can just leave that performance on the table.

I got a feeling my next GPU will be nVidia if AMD is just catering to miners and it drives up the cost.
Funny if Nvidia drops prices when AMD stock in cards dries up day one from miners and scalpers

Maybe AMD realised Vega is really bad, and boosted the mining performance so gamers won't be able to buy it and complain?

And then AMD and the gamers can blame the miners for buying up all the cards.

sorry i think some of you forgot to put this back on..

tin-foil-hat.jpg

except it's not just one source anymore:
Now Steve from GN is stating the same from independent sources of his own.
Its all from the same source. Have you ever heard of hype rumors?
All sources are quoting the guy from OCUK. All stories stemmed from this.
Wanna know why its not true? theres NO DATA to support it. There's no video/screen shots of "70-100 mh" the "bloggers" heard about it and ran without fact checking.
100% Fake news.

Its all from the same source. Have you ever heard of hype rumors?
All sources are quoting the guy from OCUK. All stories stemmed from this.
Wanna know why its not true? theres NO DATA to support it. There's no video/screen shots of "70-100 mh" the "bloggers" heard about it and ran without fact checking.
100% Fake news.
That's not accurate based on the GN video.
Steve, in the GN video, specifically said he had independent sources, other than the original rumor from the OCUK reference. His independent sources also supported the 70MHs + reference.

Last edited:
That's not accurate based on the GN video.
Steve, in the GN video, specifically said he had independent sources, other than the original rumor from the OCUK reference. His independent sources also supported the 70MHs + reference.
Theres no data, there's no facts. its "rumors" and independant sources (Which by the way means unofficial, no affiliated parties with no names)
I do want this to be true, but it just isnt. Buy into the hype if you want but its pretty clear that this is bad reporting with nothing to base off of.

Theres no data, there's no facts. its "rumors" and independant sources (Which by the way means unofficial, no affiliated parties with no names)
I do want this to be true, but it just isnt. Buy into the hype if you want but its pretty clear that this is bad reporting with nothing to base off of.

What makes me Spectic is rumors without no picture or anything. Just industry sources. Usually solid rumors will come with screenshots or something.

What makes me Spectic is rumors without no picture or anything. Just industry sources. Usually solid rumors will come with screenshots or something.
Exactly, this is shitty hearsay. There is no evidence to support 70+ mhs. Mind you a devision of THIRTY mhs is pure INSANITY. That literally has no fact or basis. The "sources" who arent named are just more rumors. Until theres a hard data sheet or video of this. Don't be fooled by shitty blogs.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Even the Vega Frontier Edition under proper optimizations and straps will BARELY squeeze 50mhs (very similar hardware here)

I chose "get it before the miners do" because they've destroyed the market for both green and red at this point and I need a card to support my new bigger monitor. I don't have confidence any flavor of Vega is going to be awesome, but I'd rather pre-order paying MSRP for something new with a decent idea of performance than get gouged on both new AND used old gen products. It's basically preorder or no card for long while yet...

Exactly, this is shitty hearsay. There is no evidence to support 70+ mhs. Mind you a devision of THIRTY mhs is pure INSANITY. That literally has no fact or basis. The "sources" who arent named are just more rumors. Until theres a hard data sheet or video of this. Don't be fooled by shitty blogs.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Even the Vega Frontier Edition under proper optimizations and straps will BARELY squeeze 50mhs (very similar hardware here)
"Barely squeeze 50MHs"

Hah. No other single card is even close to 50MHs.

"Barely squeeze 50MHs"

This isnt true. 1080 Ti's with proper clocks and a cert'd bios can get close. But do you have $7500+ to get one from nvidia? ;)

"Barely squeeze 50MHs"

295X2 is a single card that can hit 50MH/s and even exceed that rate mining ETH. Of course it sucks down power like a glutton, and doubles as a space heater!

Well AMD is a business like anything else. If they had the ability to make the best mining card ever made, by a considerable margin, and probably sell out every card they made for months, well, why wouldn't they do that?

I chose "get it before the miners do" because they've destroyed the market for both green and red at this point and I need a card to support my new bigger monitor. I don't have confidence any flavor of Vega is going to be awesome, but I'd rather pre-order paying MSRP for something new with a decent idea of performance than get gouged on both new AND used old gen products. It's basically preorder or no card for long while yet...

completely understandable reason and i've sorta been thinking along the same lines on whether or not i might end up just pre-ordering vega due to the initial costs being lower that cards currently on the market. already got screwed by waiting 1 week to long to buy either the 1060 6GB or 1070.

It seems strange to me that AMD is not releasing any samples for review.

If the card is 1080 speed as everyone expects they'll still have plenty of customers.

Why not release samples for review to the mainstream hardware enthusiast sites?

It seems strange to me that AMD is not releasing any samples for review.

If the card is 1080 speed as everyone expects they'll still have plenty of customers.

Why not release samples for review to the mainstream hardware enthusiast sites?

Who says they're not? They released fury x for review and stock of those was incredibly limited. I'd be surprised if most of the sites don't already have them or will be getting them this week.

waiting on benchmarks and availability. I need something a little better than my 1060 in my ITX box for 3440x1440 i can get in with my 450w SFX, if the 56 comes in on par with speeds than a 1070/1080 then perfect, however if the 1080 prices drops even more then id go with that since i have a feeling the 1080 (non ti) will use less power and get the prices cut to match.

unfortunately if history teaches us anything AMD always over-hypes then under delivers, they always seem to release something almost as good as intel/nvidia previous gen but a year too late

Not ordering\pre-ordering shit until i see prices and reviews. The rrp isn't always that shows up on launch due to convenient "stock limitation" which means early adopters as always get bent over a barrel and ridden raw.

I'm not pre-ordering Vega simply because I'm not in the market for a card at present. It will be in the iMac Pro I'm going to ask my boss for at the end of the year, though. :)

Not ordering\pre-ordering shit until i see prices and reviews. The rrp isn't always that shows up on launch due to convenient "stock limitation" which means early adopters as always get bent over a barrel and ridden raw.
It used to work that way. Now it seems to be the opposite, lower prices at release then astronomically after when the inventory is nil everywhere.

It used to work that way. Now it seems to be the opposite, lower prices at release then astronomically after when the inventory is nil everywhere.

In the uk its the other way around, low stock = high on release price (and for weeks\months thereafter as long as stock is low). Fury x cost around £650 (about $900 at the time) in the uk when it was released as there were only around 20 or so cards in the uk. Retailers \ Etailers fucking LOVE low stock launch situations as they can just tack on whatever they feel like knowing that people will pay it if they want the card badly enough.

In the uk its the other way around, low stock = high on release price (and for weeks\months thereafter as long as stock is low). Fury x cost around £650 (about $900 at the time) in the uk when it was released as there were only around 20 or so cards in the uk. Retailers \ Etailers fucking LOVE low stock launch situations as they can just tack on whatever they feel like knowing that people will pay it if they want the card badly enough.
Sorry US here so basing on that.

Was going to wait for reviews, but don't want to risk everything selling out. I'm sure if I buy it and it is a smelly turd, there will be a decent resell market for it.

Since selling my r9 fury, I'm itching to play at 1440p comfortably again (with freesync).

How is 1080 performance level a turd? And that is without mature drivers. You are off the deepend with AMD hatred.

How is 1080 performance level a turd? And that is without mature drivers. You are off the deepend with AMD hatred.
Do you know how he usually posts? He is pro-AMD most of the time, just he is being REASONABLE. He is usually debating AGAINST the AMD-haters. lol. don't jump to conclusions so fast, and would probably help if you read more of these threads, all of them, to get a better idea of who to trust and what they generally stand for.

Do you know how he usually posts? He is pro-AMD most of the time, just he is being REASONABLE. He is usually debating AGAINST the AMD-haters. lol. don't jump to conclusions so fast, and would probably help if you read more of these threads, all of them, to get a better idea of who to trust and what they generally stand for.

Yeah, NKD does tend to defend AMD most of the time. However, I think the term AMD hater is thrown around too much. Posting the truth about poor performance doesn't make one a hater. I don't hate AMD, but I will crap all over their gaming performance because they hype to hell everything they release, and it isn't nearly as good as they state. I think a lot of people around here are like me and like top performance and are tired of the same old BS cherry picked shit. If AMD provides top performance I'll jump on that shit fast as hell.

I don't need to see a single review. I'm buying 2, sight unseen. Built this Ryzen rig months ago and have been waiting patiently for Vega to have a full throttle all-AMD rig. My current RX 480 CF setup is OK, but too much of a struggle at 4K.

I don't need to see a single review. I'm buying 2, sight unseen. Built this Ryzen rig months ago and have been waiting patiently for Vega to have a full throttle all-AMD rig. My current RX 480 CF setup is OK, but too much of a struggle at 4K.

I'll wait for your review then before getting one for myself. It would be great if a couple of these really perform at4k.

I am not an amd hater Bro. Far from it. Love amd actually. I am just man enough to say vega is as it is and right now is not a card I would recommend. Its too late, not fast enough and uses 120 more watts and costs the same and will overclock less. As far as mature driver? As of here and now is all I judge. I won’t recommend a product on future drivers that may or may not happen. Now here is the thing. I might actually recommend a vega 56. Because it’s the card I think that may be reasonable given 210w for gtx 1070 performance, may be faster. Vega 64 is a a Card pushed well out is specs to match over year and half old competition.

Last edited:
Looks like one option to pre-order site is up.

However, prices are inflated $50-$60 off MSRP. Which is probably actually reasonable all things considered if you "MUST" have one of these cards.

I've never used that vendor before, and it looks like they do not have cards on hand right now - so you'll be in for a wait. It's the only thing I've found so far for pre-orders in the U.S.

Also --- I wonder how that shopblt site will handle the coupons, since it doesn't mention them?

Last edited:
Looks like one option to pre-order site is up.

However, prices are inflated $50-$60 off MSRP. Which is probably actually reasonable all things considered if you "MUST" have one of these cards.

I've never used that vendor before, and it looks like they do not have cards on hand right now - so you'll be in for a wait. It's the only thing I've found so far for pre-orders in the U.S.

Not that surprising really, retailers doing their usual price gouging.

I wonder how that shopblt site will handle the coupons, since it doesn't mention them?
I think the bundles are only available with a purchase of the AMD manufactured/packaged reference cards, not third-party manufacturers like Gigabyte. I also think you have to purchase everything at once to get the deal (i.e., the graphics card, the motherboard, the CPU and the monitor). There will probably be download codes for the two games once you register at AMD Rewards, but I think the rest has to be purchased at the same time as the card in order to get the deal. This is the only way AMD can guarantee some availability to gamers. Miners won't want to deal with re-selling a Mobo, CPU and that $800 monitor.

That said, I just pre-ordered one of the Gigabyte watercooled cards, but my goal is to get an Aqua Pack (with ROG Crosshair VI Extreme Mobo, Ryzen 7 1800x CPU, and the Sammy monitor) as soon as those deals go live. The Gigabyte pre-order is just a safety net in case I can't get in on one of the deals. If I get lucky, I will sell the Gigabyte once it arrives (since there is no way to cancel the order from ShopBLT).

Back