the upcomming A8N32-SLI Deluxe

yo Jave could you get some more pics plz also how much did you get it for and is it the wifi one

Javelin3o4 said:
Thats where i got mine when fry's got it..my cousin is the service dept. mgr.

board6se.jpg

looks like they're would be room for a pci card even with 2 dual slot vid cards.. or am i wrong?

Javelin3o4 said:
Thats where i got mine when fry's got it..my cousin is the service dept. mgr.

board6se.jpg

Nice Jave! Any possibility of you either sending us a true bird's eye view (straight down) or a view where the board is layed down completely flat and a pic is taken on the same level?

Just want to see how much clearance there really is between the two x16 slots and the PCI slot in the middle.

Is there any other way you can get another video card in there Jave? Or at least sumthing that will give us a good comparison? And also, what are your motherboard temps like with the heatpipe cooling? I was thinking about watercooling the motherboard but I might not if the heatpipe cooling does a good job with the optional fan.

ok here are 2 shots i left them kinda big so it would be easier to see. I didnt have another video card so i took the heatsink i had left from my old 6800GT OC and placed it where the heatsink from my 7800GT would be if there. there is really not that much space at all between that heat sink and the firewire card i have installed. You should be able to get one in the middle with no problem since the heatsinks on the gpus face down toward the bottom.

current mobo temp with the asus probe says MB is 38C

board27dh.jpg

board38pp.jpg

that optional fan it comes with says you should only use it when water cooling. I didnt install it. This is the deluxe version not the otherone that comes with the built in wireless adapter and antenna.

I got the board for 216 cause my cousin got a 13 dollar discount otherwise its 229.

Thanks Jave! It looks like you could fit a PCI card in the slot above the lower PCI-E slot even with a dual slot cooler. I'll be using low profile DD waterblocks so I should have room for the sound card right in the middle. Also, I will be watercooling my CPU so I'll end up using the optional fan.

glad i could help..i was thinking of doing water cooling but i dont overclock only cause im afraid of premantly screwing things up. But i was looking at the Koolance case with the built in water resevoir and pump its like 280 or something on xoxide.

If you like the case you have then you can get an external kit like the Koolance Exos-2. Thats what I'll be watercooling with.

thanks bro thats sweet but i dont think if you had a real card in there that ur firewire card would fit case as it is the old gt hs is actually lying on top of it right
if you wouldn't mind could you place the card in the bottom pci-e slot just so we could see what that would look like
and even though those fans are for watercooling I don't see how they would hurt if you installed em just my thoughts though but then again you would have more wires and shit

I've never heard the X-FI card in person, but can you really tell the difference between the Audigy or the on board? I was planning on using the onboard sound and connecting it to my receiver via the optical cable.

revlimit said:
I've never heard the X-FI card in person, but can you really tell the difference between the Audigy or the on board? I was planning on using the onboard sound and connecting it to my receiver via the optical cable.
Even with the Audigy2 cards the sound quality is better. Also, having a separate sound card puts less stress on your CPU, since onboard sound requires your CPU to do the decoding and such. At least thats what I've heard anyway.

p0intblank said:
If you like the case you have then you can get an external kit like the Koolance Exos-2. Thats what I'll be watercooling with.

but the exos 2 is over $300 itself and still doesn't come with any blocks
whereas he could get the lian-li and the exos I believe not sure what unit it actually has, for actually less than that

that heatsink is between the 2 slots. The firewire card would fit in the slot below my current gfx card but would be almost if not touching the casing of the fan/heatsink assembly

p0intblank said:
Even with the Audigy2 cards the sound quality is better. Also, having a separate sound card puts less stress on your CPU, since onboard sound requires your CPU to do the decoding and such. At least thats what I've heard anyway.

yea thats what I hear about the less stress
but as far as actually using a sound card I never have b4, just used my onboard on my msi and its not bad sound quality and its what I'm used to

so point you have used onboard b4 and then added a sound card and heard a huge dif? cause I too was think about an X-FI line also thinkg preformance I believe

yea that would probably touch huh it seems very tight in there, I was thinking the wifi ver cause its built onto board I think and you dont need to use a pci slot which takes care of one thing, but I am still interested in a X-FI card and yea possibly the physics card

Gun_Strife said:
yea thats what I hear about the less stress
but as far as actually using a sound card I never have b4, just used my onboard on my msi and its not bad sound quality and its what I'm used to

so point you have used onboard b4 and then added a sound card and heard a huge dif? cause I too was think about an X-FI line also thinkg preformance I believe
I haven't used a sound card myself but I use onboard on my current system and then went to a friends house with a sound card and it did sound cleaner and crisper. Not to mention the already stated less stress. I don't like the idea of unneccesary stress on my CPU. If I knew that when I built this pc I would've gotten a sound card.

And about the Exos-2, I'm not getting the built-in one becuase I like the ability to choose what case to use it with, and being able to move it to another system later on if I wanted.

p0intblank said:
I haven't used a sound card myself but I use onboard on my current system and then went to a friends house with a sound card and it did sound cleaner and crisper. Not to mention the already stated less stress. I don't like the idea of unneccesary stress on my CPU. If I knew that when I built this pc I would've gotten a sound card.

And about the Exos-2, I'm not getting the built-in one becuase I like the ability to choose what case to use it with, and being able to move it to another system later on if I wanted.

very interesting about the card cause I've heard some peeps say its better but have never used onboard sound so I was woundering about that ty btw

and yes a very good point about the exos unit by itself but its so much, although I really do love the looks of the unit itslef, is th pump actually built into the unit that sits ontop

aslo to the guy who asked about the psu recomendation, the mobo's I believe never state a psu size cause in mainly depends on all the stuff you hook up to it, member this is just what I think i might know :D

Gun_Strife said:
very interesting about the card cause I've heard some peeps say its better but have never used onboard sound so I was woundering about that ty btw

and yes a very good point about the exos unit by itself but its so much, although I really do love the looks of the unit itslef, is th pump actually built into the unit that sits ontop
Everything is inside the unit. The radiator, DUAL pumps, and the resevior. :p All you do is route the tubes into the computer thru an empty pci slot. All thats in your case is the tubing and blocks.

yea thats pretty sick what size of tubing is able to be applied, is it stuck to only one size fitting or does it have options

Thanx for the pics Jave....really helped me out. Unless something changes fast, I am going to hold out this board. The fit looks extremely tight....I have an Audigy 2 right now, but I'm looking to get an X-Fi and Physx card whenver that comes out without having to upgrade the mobo....and I think having all those cards in there will be quite difficult.

Gun_Strife said:
yea thats pretty sick what size of tubing is able to be applied, is it stuck to only one size fitting or does it have options
I'm pretty sure the biggest you can use is 3/8" because thats the size on the back of the unit with compression fittings, but you can use splitters and such within the loop to use smaller tubing if needed or desired.

I was messing with mine tonight. Looks like you can easily put a pci card in between 2 gtx's. As far as having a card in the two slots closest to video card --- it doesn't look good.

Will it work? yes, but it blocks the fans on the cards leaving just under 1/4 inch of gap between cards.

I certainly wouldn't do it. With water cooling it would be ok because you wouldn't be blocking a fan. It would be close but should work as long as the block doesn't go out further then stock cooling.

the one slot between them is fine though. No height issues either. The SLI ribbon leaves more then enough room.

I wouldn't recommend using more then 1 pci card ( the slot between them is fine). It will work, but you will have temp. issues. The only solution is water cooling (no fan to block). I will test with maze 4 low profile blocks when i get mine.

hmm...I am going to be using watercooling, and trying to overclock my 4400+ as much as I can... Would you recommend this board over a DFI lanparty SLI-DR? I hear good things about this board but never used it before...

Hey folks.

If I were to go with this board, and fell for the marketing "crap" and used:

Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO 2GB Kit DDR433 XMS3500 memory...

How much risk, if any, do you think there is buying 2 kits for a total of 4GB in this board? (E.g, kit's are "matched" and I'd be using two kits not specifically matched to each other)

I'm not sold on this board yet - as MSI's new board has an on-board Audigy. Tempting to wait until it is available - hopefully soon.

I have a question about hard drives. Would I be better off getting a Western Digital Raptor with this board or would a Hitachi Deskstar SATAII 3.0 GB/s 7200 RPM hard drive be faster? I would only be using one Raptor if I get one, and wouldnt be using any RAID setups. I'm not sure if this board even supports SATA150 does it?

p0intblank said:
I have a question about hard drives. Would I be better off getting a Western Digital Raptor with this board or would a Hitachi Deskstar SATAII 3.0 GB/s 7200 RPM hard drive be faster? I would only be using one Raptor if I get one, and wouldnt be using any RAID setups. I'm not sure if this board even supports SATA150 does it?

sata II is backwards compatible with sata150

Just to jump in real quick - Would I be better off with this board than the older SLI premium if I am starting from scratch?

Currently Im planning a new system consisting of: X2 4400, 7800 GTX 512mb, 2 gigs corsair TWINX, 1 raptor 74 gig partitioned for XP on C: games on D:, and a Caviar 200GB for my storage, audigy 2 ZS PCI, with a 600w noisetaker powering it all wrapped in most likely an P180 Antec case.

I guess if Im dropping 2200 bucks on this setup.. I might as well cough up the extra 50 bucks for the 32 right?

yes yes I agree get this board cause those GTX512mb use the 2 slot cooling unit and if you sli em there would room also I would go with an opteron 170 over that X2 4400 :D

Well I dont know too much about the opterons. I know that I'll benefit from the dual core due to the amount of image and video editing I do. Dual cores will be nice when I have illustraitor, photoshop, flash and inDesign all running at the same time haha. Also I'm not much of an overclocker.. so I like to get good bang for my buck out of the box. ;)

Back