The unthinkable has happened... (nexus 6p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardUp4HardWare

Supreme [H]ardness
By some incredible stroke of good fortune, Google has agreed to give me a refund on my Nexus 6P.

I cannot believe they are doing it, but I shook the right tree and told them the truth about my issues and viola! Or Eureka, now I am going to be phone shopping....

You already have a thread complaining about it. Why make a new one?

Hah, sorry. Just seems a bit redundant and pointless. Maybe change the title and OP to at least request some recommendations or something.

Do us all a favor, with your next smartphone if you have any issues at all, save the potential posts until you absolutely resolve the entire situation start to finish then decide on whether it's worthy enough to post rants here in this subforum or better off in General Mayhem, perhaps? :D

Well, you guys, this phone has been a massive pain in the ass for me. Try resetting your airplane mode every time you want to get data....multiple times.... Google knows the problem is real and wont fix it. You can call it a rant but if people didn't complain then no one would know that there is a risk that the phone might exhibit the same problem for them.

The Nexus 6P is an excellent phone, I really am going to miss it for many reasons, but when Google fucks me over by "patching" my phone with a major bug and refuses to fix it what the fuck am I supposed to do?

You're a happy Nexus 6P owner? Great, I am happy for you. It is a great phone. I just wanted my data to work.

If this was a fucked up motherboard I would be bitching in that subforum to help people avoid the same problems and I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty.

Well yeah but, I frequent this forum constantly, I frequent HowardForums and XDA-Developers constantly as well and a lot of pro-Android websites (AndroidPolice, etc) and I swear you're the first person I've ever heard from or about that has had those kinds of issues with the Nexus 6p so, sometimes shit happens and someone just doesn't have any luck with a given product, not much else I can say about it. I personally know 3 people that currently have a Nexus 6p as well - one guy even got shipped two of them from one order and when he called to make sure they weren't going to double charge him and where he should ship the second unopened one back to and the Google rep literally told him "Eh, don't worry about it, sometimes shit happens..." - seriously, that's what the person told him on the phone call, those exact words.

So he didn't worry about it and sold the free one the next day on craigslist for $600 cash which pissed me off because I asked for it - but then again I was planning to sell it on craigslist for $600 anyway myself. :D

I always keep these sort of threads in the back of my mind for the future. I have a 6p and while it works perfectly for me currently, it doesn't mean I won't hit these issues later on as the phone ages.

Always good to remember previous issues and outcomes you have read.

I always keep these sort of threads in the back of my mind for the future. I have a 6p and while it works perfectly for me currently, it doesn't mean I won't hit these issues later on as the phone ages.

Always good to remember previous issues and outcomes you have read.

Thank you. I am not bitching to smear the phone. I think it is one of if not the best phone I could have gotten at the time.
It is a great phone. The Android update is what fucked it up.

I wanted an m9 but all the local places stopped carrying it. That's how I came upon to 6p and it's amazing. Definitely the best I have used so far..

Now I see that pesky HTC 10 and man.. sexy.

Thank you. I am not bitching to smear the phone. I think it is one of if not the best phone I could have gotten at the time.
It is a great phone. The Android update is what fucked it up.

I'm confused, an update fucked up your phone ?

Why not just wipe it, and do a fresh install of a new ROM ? Or if it's a firmware or modem issue, just flash a newer updated version.

I'm confused, an update fucked up your phone ?

Why not just wipe it, and do a fresh install of a new ROM ? Or if it's a firmware or modem issue, just flash a newer updated version.

I tried flashing the radio and it didn't help. It was the radio from Android N.
I am not even sure if it is the radio firmware or something else in Android at this point.

So wait... A pre-beta build fucked your phone and you're... surprised? Why didn't you just flash the normal MM build back onto your phone?

So wait... A pre-beta build fucked your phone and you're... surprised? Why didn't you just flash the normal MM build back onto your phone?

No dumbass the stock Android m update fucked it up. I tried flashing the radio to fix it. Learn how to read.

You read it hear first! The OP loves the phone even though it was fucking terrible to him. This is classic Android User / Stockholm Syndrome!

next up the GS7-edge. I will never learn.
The anti-apple force is strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back