The Unofficial List of Good mATX Motherboards (Overclocking and Not)

Look at the Epox 6100 Am2. Seems it's king, for now until we hear further. ABIT is surely making it tough. Waiting on a few more ppl to see how good it is, though it's looking real good.

MC FLMJIG said:
Look at the Epox 6100 Am2. Seems it's king, for now until we hear further. ABIT is surely making it tough. Waiting on a few more ppl to see how good it is, though it's looking real good.
Problem is that the Epox has the same layout issues for me... no Firewire onboard, first PCI covered by heatsink of my existing video card, only other PCI slot would be in use by TV tuner.

So is the Abit board worth the extra $25 over the Epox? I can't find reviews on it or much on the Epox for that matter. Waiting patiently... ;)

ABiT NF-M2 nView

Update with all availible OCing options. This baby is as insane as a DFI board. Kills a Tforce... these seem to be old news.

Serge84 said:
This baby is as insane as a DFI board. Kills a Tforce... these seem to be old news.
??? I do admit that I'm probably going to end up with one of these Abit boards (as soon as I can make myself pay more than $75 for a motherboard :p ) and the extra vDIMM is really nice, but why does it "kill" a Tforce? If the next motherboard manufacturer releases a mATX board that does 2.8v vDIMM, will it in essence "kill" the Abit?

Zap said:
??? I do admit that I'm probably going to end up with one of these Abit boards (as soon as I can make myself pay more than $75 for a motherboard :p ) and the extra vDIMM is really nice, but why does it "kill" a Tforce? If the next motherboard manufacturer releases a mATX board that does 2.8v vDIMM, will it in essence "kill" the Abit?
It kills the tforce because it OCs better. vDIMM is not the ONLY option that makes or breaks the mobo ;)

-Rc- said:
It kills the tforce because it OCs better. vDIMM is not the ONLY option that makes or breaks the mobo ;)
Right! So, it can beat the 330MHz HTT I got on my Tforce6100-AM2?

BTW, I want the Abit board in my HTPC for other reasons - Firewire and having two usable PCI slots when using a video card that takes up two slots (mine does). Also, the included SPDIF out would be nice if I got a new receiver in the future.

The NF-M2 does 2.15vcore, 2.6vdimm, 1.85v chipset, 1.45v HTT has rubycon japanese caps, 4 phase power regulator. I got 3.06ghz on air on a 8.5x360 multiplier, and over 600fsb on my memory stable. Thats why it kills the Tforce no mistake about it, and with thoes features yeah it kills the tforce in everything. Has full memory timings too. The cpu was the limit even tried from 1.59v to 1.75v but the cpu wouldn't go any faster. The board can do over 400 on clockgen. Yeah you saw that right... they got 3.2ghz on a matx, just shocking... isn't it? :eek: :D

Serge84 said:
The NF-M2 does 2.15vcore, 2.6vdimm, 1.85v chipset, 1.45v HTT has rubycon japanese caps, 4 phase power regulator. I got 3.06ghz on air on a 8.5x360 multiplier, and over 600fsb on my memory stable. Thats why it kills the Tforce no mistake about it, and with thoes features yeah it kills the tforce in everything. Has full memory timings too. The cpu was the limit even tried from 1.59v to 1.75v but the cpu wouldn't go any faster. The board can do over 400 on clockgen. Yeah you saw that right... they got 3.2ghz on a matx, just shocking... isn't it? :eek: :D

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=132951

Heres me, tryed it with tighter timmings, and lower vcore. 1.54vcore, 2.2vdimm and got thoese results. I can do 360 but its cutting it close to being unstable with the settings I had before... But ya know I could make it stable with a little chipset voltage. But 3.06ghz is a shot only. This is very useable. Why? Because I didn't even try. Its very stable just a heat issue with my case. Wish I had water. I'm going to try some more stuff I only had this thing for a day and I didn't even bring the chipset voltage up.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=132953

Here is another one.

Serge84 said:
The NF-M2 does 2.15vcore, 2.6vdimm, 1.85v chipset, 1.45v HTT has rubycon japanese caps, 4 phase power regulator. I got 3.06ghz on air on a 8.5x360 multiplier, and over 600fsb on my memory stable. Thats why it kills the Tforce no mistake about it, and with thoes features yeah it kills the tforce in everything. Has full memory timings too. The cpu was the limit even tried from 1.59v to 1.75v but the cpu wouldn't go any faster. The board can do over 400 on clockgen. Yeah you saw that right... they got 3.2ghz on a matx, just shocking... isn't it?
FINALLY someone explains it to my satisfaction. Thank you for the clarification. Just the statement "it kills model X board" doesn't tell me much. Saying "I'm running 360MHz HTT" tells a lot more. Thank you.

Hmmm, who has the best price on this board?

Makes me want to break out with that Tforce again and go for broke. I didn't go over the 1.50v setting on the CPU. Since I messed with it, I just shelved it in the garage - too busy with school and LAN parties. Had a Friday-Sunday LAN party this past weekend. :D BTW I should take some more pics of my newly upgraded LAN gaming rig and post them here. It uses a Biostar Tforce6100-939 board so it's on topic.

Found this board at Newegg...ECS P4M890T-M2 (V1.0B).

It's Conroe ready, supports DDR400 and DDR2-533, and has PCIe x16 slot, and sports the VIA P4M890 chipset. OC is uncomfirmed, but the board probably doesn't have a PCIE lock but will allow OCing. I could very well be getting one soon if I can sell a PC. Will do a full Core2Duo build with DDR400 and PCIe card, and looking to overclock. Anyone interested here are the specs from the manufacturers website.

I wish they would make a matx board that would OC as well as at least a Tforce for intel's conroe that was affordable.

BIostar was supposed to come out with a G965 TFORCE board, but i guess theyre having the same problems with that chipset as everyone else is

with the nf-m2, how good is the onboard audio? I was planning on getting one of those new X-Fi's that has pins for front audio ports, but if this audio is good nuff, then I'd rather use it.

VulturEMaN said:
with the nf-m2, how good is the onboard audio? I was planning on getting one of those new X-Fi's that has pins for front audio ports, but if this audio is good nuff, then I'd rather use it.

Amazing 7.1ch/8CH HD audio.

I was testing an X-Fi... I would have to say that the onboard was pretty close. Personally, I'm not AT ALL impressed with the X-Fi.

My board overvolts a bit but I liek that... except on the CPU. I really wished there was a way to drop the V on the CPU on the Nview.

MC FLMJIG said:
I was testing an X-Fi... I would have to say that the onboard was pretty close. Personally, I'm not AT ALL impressed with the X-Fi.

My board overvolts a bit but I liek that... except on the CPU. I really wished there was a way to drop the V on the CPU on the Nview.

rofl that is good news for me on both parts...

especially with the PSU...my thermaltake 680W is like .12 under nonstop on everything...

Am I missing something? Do you have 2 personalities?

You answered your own question?!

*jumps off a bridge*

VulturEMaN said:
Am I missing something? Do you have 2 personalities?

You answered your own question?!

*jumps off a bridge*

I do, one is a AMD fan the other is a C2D fan. And most of the time I just go Super AMD fan boy. But sometimes the other guy cracks and goes pro Intel in my head. I'm so confused who I really... what is that other voice, is it you? Who are THEY!!! HelP mE!? :confused: :p Jumps off apartment complex. X_X

rofl...i think I saw you at the local pub last night....slightly squished guy in the corner?

yea...i was the slightly squished guy at the bar :p

I wonder is one based on the 680 chipset from nvidia will be produced. It could be quite a nice board.

Back