The Ultimate Monitor

Why stop there; just wallpaper you house with high dollor LCDs. It's only money and you cant take it with you.

Can you imagin buying this and then somebody comes out with a better pannel tech. Ouch!

I'll be happy if anyone comes out with a issue free 30 incher, but don't let me hold you back.

Dave

The setup is for watching stocks, not images. Better panel tech ain't going to matter.

One could accomplish this for a fraction of the price buying separate panels and arm supports. I don't know why companies offer such setups and market them like they're something special or unique. I've had a multi-monitor setup similar to that for a number of years and it didn't cost me anywhere near that price. It's a total waste of money IMO.

i alsways thought a couple of 17" screens in portrait flanking my 24" screen would rock.

One could accomplish this for a fraction of the price buying separate panels and arm supports. I don't know why companies offer such setups and market them like they're something special or unique. I've had a multi-monitor setup similar to that for a number of years and it didn't cost me anywhere near that price. It's a total waste of money IMO.

Agree. The main panel is only a 30? WEAK! :p

This would be the perfect replacement for my iPod cracked screen!
I would burn many more calories at the gym...

Maybe if it was CRT screens I'd think about it.

Those LCDs aren't fast enough to match my hacking skills I'd use against a city and I need the fast refresh rate of a CRT monitor.

interesting setup. i wouldn't need more than a triple monitor setup though, and i'm 2/3 of the way there :)

Crazy setup. Useless unless you're in the broadcasting business.

My perfect monitor:
- 22" widescreen (anything bigger and you'll have to sit > 5ft away. Desks at most are 3ft deep.)
- flat monitor <2" thick.
- ~100% of the adobe color gamut.
- full HD (1920x1200) resolution.
- >10,000:1 contrast ratio.
- >135 deg viewing angles, without lost of color or contrast.
- <8ms response time
- fully adjustable stand.
- Good asthetics.
- <$350

How long do I have to wait for such a monitor to come out?

wow, i don't get it

it looks like my current setup...all i need now is two 22's up top with extended wall mount arms...but what would be the point?

20uo3dx.jpg

guess if i was a day trader it would come in handy...but not for almost $6k...you can get that setup for about $3300 doing your own legwork

wow, i don't get it

it looks like my current setup...all i need now is two 22's up top with extended wall mount arms...but what would be the point?
Personally, I like a multi-monitor setup arranged in a single row. Eye movement on a single axis (horizontal) instead of two (horizontal+vertical).

guess if i was a day trader it would come in handy...but not for almost $6k...you can get that setup for about $3300 doing your own legwork
Definitely, even less if purchasing some units used.

Back