The trailer for Tides of Numenara looks REALLY good

tybert7

2[H]4U

This is not gameplay, just a trailer giving the setting and mythos you will be playing through. I think it looks extremely compelling. As long as gameplay is decent, this looks to be one of the most promising rpg worlds to dive into.

2017 will be the current year of the rpg again, it's been awhile since we had one as previous years had minimal numbers of rpgs.

This year?

tides of numenara
divinity original sin 2
mass effect andromeda

There are more, but those look the most promising to me.

I had this game for about a year my save was deleted so I'm waiting for the final release.
Same deal with Divinity Original Sin 2

Release date is Feb 28th 2017 I'll play it then....

Release Date

First off, Torment: Tides of Numenera now has a final release date! The game is coming February 28th, 2017. When that date comes, your Steam copy will automatically update to the release build and you will be able to enjoy the entire game's contents.

We are incredibly excited about this milestone. It has been a long road and now we are finally almost ready to share the next chapter in the Torment legacy with you.

I feel like this game has been in development forever. Looking forward to it though.

Last edited:
I backed both Tides and Sins 2. So yes, i expect it to be a VERY good year. Andromeda i am not very excited about, as the first Mass Effect is the best IMHO, they continually went downhill as the series progressed. Wasteland 3 is also in development and is moving along quite briskly, as the engine work is basically done, they are just doing a new story. Pretty excited about that as well, as i liked WL2 even WITH the bugs (which were quickly patched out of existence).

So yeah, 2017 is going to be RGP goodness.

Release is tommorow!!!!

I wonder if the game will be better than Wasteland 2 which I just found really confusing.....

So I haven't seen this at all, i just watched the story trailer... damn, this looks cool.

What type of game is it? Isometric rpg ala BG or something?

So I haven't seen this at all, i just watched the story trailer... damn, this looks cool.

Turned based RPG

Made by Inxile

it was a Kickstarter game from like 2013 or something.

Yes, it's an isometric CRPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate. You can get the original Planescape: Torment on GOG. Tides of Numenera is turn-based, though.

I'm installing it again I guess if the version is 1.01 or something it's the final....
at the title screen from what I've been reading.

I hope it's better than Wasteland 2 I mean they had enough time to develop the game where it has some depth and flavor.

Yeah this is the final release for sure I get 1.01 showing up going to play this instead of Destiny.

I like the suckers who spent a few thousand to get their name up front at the start of the game :p

I really don't know about this game the text is way too confusing leaving me wanting to skip everything and get to the core.
Would like to progress in the game but I really don't know how to cause it's just this open world (what the hell should I do)
no Hand holding at all in this game....
I think I need a Strategy guide for this one or a Youtube walkthough.

I'll try it again see if I can follow along with the quests..

Pillars of Eternity has me spoiled I guess which was much more accessible to my brain.

Finally getting somewhere found the corpse of a monster which enabled me to repair a Construct for digging....
I kept on going back to the one this kids captured but it wasn't good enough to construct a digger machines just saved and quit.
Sleeping in a Inn is expesive in this game you have to pay for each character to sleep. So I reloaded my save and got my 60 gold back.

I recommend playing this game on a small monitor 24" or so due to the text size game looks amazing looking but not very immersive. The text is what you focus on and not really the graphics. couldn't imagine playing on a Wide Screen for this game my eyes would be all wonky...

Spoiler game is one Hard stare

Games like this I wish I had a LCD alternative like a flat SED monitor.

Last edited:
20170301182452_1.jpg

I read somewhere else that some of the stretch goals never made it into the game. Is that true?

I read somewhere else that some of the stretch goals never made it into the game. Is that true?
Yes. I can understand how some would be upset. I personally don't feel that the changes/cuts made were major. I don't think most people backed the game for a few extra NPCs. The biggest thing they cut out was Italian localization.

I'm more upset that they did not communicate the cuts well.

Enjoying the game so far.

Back