The Totally Awesome Directron Drawing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD seems happy for you if you get a triple core and end up with a quad. Intel would be testifying in front of congress if you could unlock an i3 into an i5. There would be lawsuits. AMD could have cracked down on unlocking but didn't, which is why hell or high water, I will have at least one all AMD system (at all times).

I have had a long history with AMD, and their processors have always performed just fine, and day to day I never notice the difference. Even in gaming I rarely do (for what I do). AMD's where it's at for the price (and if they're free it's even better.... haha).

I love AMD because i have been using them since i got started in computers and still have socket A's running all day

I'd like one of those! As one of the owners of the first 640 people to get their hands on the first AMD 64 FX chip, I feel that my history with AMD justifies any claim to their performance.

AMD is motherfucking awesome because they make a quality processor that may not be the motherfucking best, but the motherfucking price for motherfucking performance is better than the motherfucking competitors. Viva la 955!

I love my X2 555 BE, but this could be a great upgrade

Can't beat AMD for price/performance

price/performance can't be beat. owned nothing but AMD since the Althon 64 days. I can't believe how well they're able to keep up with Intel despite all the anti-competitive measures and tiny capital compared to Intel. Looking forward to Bulldozer!

Because the AMD Athlon 64 was awesome! :)

Well also they make some nice cheap multi-core processors which are useful.

But most importantly they bought ATI, which is a great Canadian company!

I love AMD for keeping Intel from resting on their laurels, especially by introducing the AMD64 architecture. Also their chipset and integrated GPUs are quite nice. Keep up the good work.

Started using AMDs when they came out with the 486 - 120Mhz model.
The performance to price ratio just can't be beat.
Current owner of 955 and 966, a 1060 would be sweet

I love AMD CPU's because they provide a nice bang / buck that allows me to play the games that I want to play, without breaking my bankroll.

I love AMD and its processors because they simply perform. They also drive competition in the marketplace, which further drives innovation and pricing.

I love AMD for keeping the market competitive and for providing a good price/performance ratio, especially with dual cores that can be unlocked to quad cores, then OC'd further!

My first PC was AMD powered and my current rig is too! AMD, the best performance money can buy!

I like AMD because no matter what the intel fanboys say I still have 2 more cores than them :)

First computer show I witnessed AMD OC a processor to over 6.1 GHZ on nitrogen. The next day I purchased a triple core 720. My first multicore and still in service.

I did love amd processors the older ones when they still competed well with intel but lately they been building using more silicon that run hotter and not as fast, but they sell it with razer thin profit margins so it still comes out as a good price it's just intel is whipping their asses and that makes me sad.

Simple, AMD means i can afford to upgrade for the latest games and still get the performance i need.

In it to win it!

Directron has been a great place to by PC stuff for years! They could have been the other egg guys!

11.8.26 is dues ex like a shooter game? and using an AMD Phenom II 1090T (~$170) is the game optimized for a six core cpu or is it mostly dependent on gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back