The Totally Awesome Directron Drawing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
middle name is Drew, so maybe i'll have a chance in this drawing! :D

AMD's low-end procs are really unbeatable for the price and perfect for family/friend builds (of which I do MANY). They bring acceptable performance to a price point the masses can afford. Also- the APUs are pretty sweet. LOVE my E-350 netbook (love the battery life and being able to play some games on a netbook!) and had a good time playing with the Llano pc I just built for my mother. Very nice stuff. Also- their GPUs are killer power/performance/price. :-D

I've been AMD since my 486DX40, and my unlocked 720 really needs a boost!
Oh- and Human Rev looks awesome!

Like many have said, with AMD its all about the price vs. performance. They've always been very good in that arena.

AMD has always kept longer CPU slot compatibility when possible. It's nice when I can go AMD and keep same mobo for an extra generation.

AMD offers the best bang for the buck as well as options for decent performance with very low power consumption.

I love AMD because they were the first highend piece of computer hardware I had :D (otherwise, I always bought the cheap/old stuff at yard sales back then).

Amd: Because I'd rather have green in my pocket than blue.

AMD has been the heart of most of my big technology jumps over the years :) Ah the memories!

I love AMD because my first computer was built with an Athlon 64 Venice processor and they also help keep not only Intel, but nVidia in check!

Nice. Reason I love AMD processors: price vs. performance. Lower price for nearly identical performance (although Intel and AMD leapfrog each other, it is very close.). Factor in the price difference, and it's a no brainer.

I have a warm place in my heart for AMD because the first computer I build had one of their processors

I love AMD because of their price / performance quotient.

I've been all AMD since my socket A 1800+ back in 2001 ish... They've always provided the best bang for my buck...
1800+
2500+
3200 s754
3200 939
4200 x2 939
4800 x2 939
Fx 55
Opteron 165
Opteron 175
Phenom x4 945 currently...

I'd love to try out a 1090 :)

Status