The Totally Awesome Directron Drawing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love AMD for the bang for the buck they provide, as well as their habit of not changing to an incompatible socket every generation. +1 for better upgrade paths.

I love AMD processors because they have solutions for so many scenarios:
* 4-6 core high frequency processors for desktop
* 2 socket (4xxx) 4/6 cores (8-12 cores total) on the CHEAP for lowend server
* 8/12 core chips for multi socket higher end servers
* APU's for the end user that are head & shoulders above any other integrated graphics/processor combos!

I don't have a middle name, but I have a suffix (IV--yes, really).

But semi-seriously: AMD processors to me are kind of like that one friend you have who's reliable, not really showy, and is always down for helping you out and only asks for a beer or a Happy Meal in return. (And when you haven't talked to them in a while, you realize how valuable they are.)

The first computer and only computer I've ever purchased for myself was an Acer 486 DX2. I tought I had purchased acomputer with an Intel processor becuase the box said verified Intel Ziff socket, No where on the box did mention AMD and it did not have a AMD case sticker. Never had an once of problems with the machine and I been purchasing thier products up until recently when I built my I7 rig. Help me go green again with another fine AMD product!

I've been an AMD fan since my Compaq 5150 with an AMD K6-2 @350MHz. Since then I've had a T-bird, Athlon 64 (3200+ 1MB of L2 754 version), Athlon X2 (5600+,6400+) and now one Phenom II X4 820 and an AMD 650T. I build them AMD and always recommend AMD to my friends and family. To me it is all about bang for buck and I've never been let down with an AMD CPU.

AMD Motherboard + Processor giving 99% of equivalent Intel products performance at 50% of the price? Heck yes I am an AMD guy!

PS. It is Ryan

AMD has always been the underdog, which isn't why I like them necessarily... I think the 1Ghz barrier and the 64-bit conquest they laid down... was and is the reason AMD will always have the special awesomeness of why I love about them.

AMD has the best bang for buck processors. I still have my athlonxp 2800+, opteron 170, and athlon64 3200+, all running well!

I love AMD cause my 965 Black system has been stable as hell and you gotta love a Tech company that keeps Backward compatibility in mind!

I love AMD because they still use pins on their CPU's. Intel's BGA pads bend with Canned Air. Can't fix very well.

I like AMD because I think their processors offer good performance for the dollar, and they've done a good job of socket compatibility.

I love AMD's video cards.
To be honest I haven't used an AMD cpu since the AMD64 X2, but I would like to try them out again.

AMD has always meant bang for your buck. I've used them in tons of systems in the 15+ years I've been building computers and not a one of them has let me down.

AMD is great, always offering bang for your buck at the mid range (Hopefully they'll get back to the upper tier soon)

Other than having my current system as Intel, I've built multiple AMD systems that have worked extremely well & never lacked in performance. My wife, father-in-law, parents & a close friend (including myself for a few years have &) are benefitting from AMD systems right now. I'm fairly hardware neutral but I think AMD has never lost sight of what customers want. Every processor I've used has never failed on me & always provided strong stability even when overclocked. I'm glad they continue to provide competition for Intel. :)

Built my first computer with an AMD XP 1800+ never looked back since. Althlon XP 2300, Athlon 64 3000, Athlon 64 x2 4400 paired with 785g board as my HTPC, now Phenom II X3 720 (with the 4th core unlocked) with a 5770 card as my main rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back