The Top 10 Highest Paid YouTube Stars: 2018 Edition

And it's not the baking I find stulid, it's the cringe surrounding it in that video example. I'm getting too old for today's reality, I'm feeling like not a day goes by I don't think "that is retarded" about something popular.

I have a 17 year old . . . I get what you are saying totally . . . get the f*ck off my lawn . . .lol

More proof of human stupidity.

Not necessarily, it's just gutting out the middleman.

People will watch anything they're entertained by, whether it's an expensive scripted show or a single dude who plays games and is hilarious.

The latter is making bank because there's no-one in-between them and the advertisers besides the platform. It's a shift to the way media is created and financed.

It's kinda what happened with the labels when digital music started to take off, they lost a lot of power over the artists. Now the artists make significantly more or have their own label companies.

I won't hate on these YouTubers, they're first movers. They found a niche and exploited it. Good for them. I may find some of the content stupid, but it's clearly got an audience - heck, there are attractive woman that do "try on reviews" of various clothing (underwear), it's not my bag. But apparently the advertisers like the demographic enough to pay for ads.

Only thing that bugs me is that it's somehow OK for a female to host a channel about woman's underwear try-on reviews, but if you're a guy and you do it, suddenly I'm the creep. Well you know what, Mom, I don't care what you think! ;) :p

Last edited:
Good for them!
I don't watch any of those channels but obviously many people do.

Jefree Star is still popular? lol, what a freak. Good for him.

Not necessarily, it's just gutting out the middleman.

People will watch anything they're entertained by, whether it's an expensive scripted show or a single dude who plays games and is hilarious.

The latter is making bank because there's no-one in-between them and the advertisers besides the platform. It's a shift to the way media is created and financed.

It's kinda what happened with the labels when digital music started to take off, they lost a lot of power over the artists. Now the artists make significantly more or have their own label companies.

I won't hate on these YouTubers, they're first movers. They found a niche and exploited it. Good for them. I may find some of the content stupid, but it's clearly got an audience - heck, there are attractive woman that do "try on reviews" of various clothing (underwear), it's not my bag. But apparently the advertisers like the demographic enough to pay for ads.

Only thing that bugs me is that it's somehow OK for a female to host a channel about woman's underwear try-on reviews, but if you're a guy and you do it, suddenly I'm the creep. Well you know what, Mom, I don't care what you think! ;) :p

If you ever watched their content, you'd understand why they prove how stupid the average person is.

OMG, are you serious? Kids watching kids play with toys? Holy shit I didn't even know that was a thing.

Good move on your part deleting youtube!
My nephew would spend hours watching kids play video games. I asked him, "Don't you own that game? Why don't you play it??" He was in LA and wanted to visit the house of one of these guys.

Couldn't have said it better.

There are people with university degree's flipping burgers yet an 8 year old reviewing toys is making 20+ million.

What has this world come too...

Maybe they should have gotten a degree worth something? It seems the parents of this kid are smarter than those burger flippers.

I watch Dudeperfect and the odd Markiplier video. Not so much the others but my partner watches Jeffree Star (who, by the way, owns an entire makeup empire anyway, and if he lost YouTube would probably be the best off out of the lot).

I congratulate them on capitalising on the market and doing what they enjoy whilst getting paid for it (rather well it seems). Markiplier does lots of charity events/livestreams too, and employs people, etc.

Eh, good on em. I've thought about trying the whole streaming thing myself etc. Then I remember I'm lazy so I don't. So kudos to them for putting themselves out there?

This is what happened to the internet when every degenerate with a phone on contract suddenly got access to the internet. With the masses at the helm, stupid shit like this became the norm.

Why work hard on a real job when you can take your kid and film him playing toys. Or you can be a semi attractive girl and just have average video game skills and stream on Twitch and all the thirsty guys will throw money at you for some cleavage.

I watch some VG plays, brings back memories of some games, or those that I miss.

IDK, stupidity has always been normal in the human race, these YT'ers or just capitalizing on it.

I honestly think most of the people I regularly watch on YouTube are the few who are actually deserving of any money they might receive. The people I watch seem to bust their ass to make good content and interact with their community so, as far as I'm concerned, I'm fine with them getting paid. So long as they don't turn into useless assholes. Plus YouTube in many ways is almost better than like...well anything. Want to change the headlight in a 1974 Jaguar? Yep, someone's got a video on how to do that. Want to learn how to read braile? Yep. Half Naked Women playing Vollyball? Probably........and on and on it goes. I'd rather give ElectroBoom! money in his pocket for teaching me while making me laugh than watch some turd like Alec Baldwin rake in another million for making one decent movie (Red October) and then punishing the human race with everything he did after it..........but I digress....

My 5 year old used to watch Ryans Toy Review. I hate it. That family just exploits that kid while the shrill mom just screeches "RYAN, RYAN LOOK AT THIS".
Sometimes you see his other failed siblings in the background.

I fucking hate Ryan. I hate Ryans Mom.

Maybe they should have gotten a degree worth something? It seems the parents of this kid are smarter than those burger flippers.
I get your point because some of them have degree's like in history or art... but some others don't.

You say smart but I think they were abit fortune.

If you were to take 20 8 years olds and get them to do the same thing right now they would not be making that kinda money.

I look at that list and I have never seen a single video from any of these and have only ever hear of one before this thread, PewDiePie, and I watch like 1-2 hours of YouTube a day. :confused:

Whatever, someone found a niche that allows them to make a living, then more power to them. If the Kardashians can keep going on because mom whored out her daughters sex tape into a TV show deal then a cascade of other Kardashiwhore offspring then someone playing video games or reviewing toys ain't horrible to me.

The only downside I see is that you get thousands of others trying to get into the market as well and the net result is that you have a lot of garbage to wade through.

Who gives a fuck either way? I'd rather watch YouTube than a sporting event any day. This whole my entertainment is better than yours high horse is silly. Watch whatever you want, we all die at the end anyhow.

This is bullshit.

Why, because you did not bother to do some of that stuff yourself and are now jealous of their success. I say more power too them, they work hard and earned it.

So, what then? You waste your time and money on paid for TV with advertising instead? LOL!

The garbage on YouTube is no replacement for whats on real TV.

That said, I'm not a big TV watcher. Pretty much the only thing I watch is the local news, and the late night comedy shows.

I'm trying to convert my Fiance over though. Right now we essentially have TV because of her. I didn't have TV at all from when I left home for college, and for about 10 years after graduating.

I prefer doing to passively watching.

The garbage on YouTube is no replacement for whats on real TV.

This is the part I do not agree with at all. The rest is cool but, real TV has almost completely garbage, especially compared to what was around 30 years ago.

A lot of this thread could be best described by the “Old man yells at clouds” Simpson’s meme. Just because you don’t understand something does not make it stupid or the people that do enjoy it stupid. People like different things and find value in different kinds of entertainment. That is all it is. It has nothing to do with the intelligence of a person it is just what they find enjoyable. The shit attitude displayed by people here is nothing more than bullshit elitism, trying to make yourselves feel better by pretending to have superiority over people based on fucking videos on the internet.

I do watch a lot of YouTube these days, mostly while playing wow, need to keep me distracted leveling all my alts, but I mostly stick to music or people taling about pc hardware or building pc's.

Strangely enough a lot of these self proclaimed PC building pro's/enthusiasts seem to break as much as they get right which adds to the entertainement value.

I do watch a lot of YouTube these days, mostly while playing wow, need to keep me distracted leveling all my alts, but I mostly stick to music or people taling about pc hardware or building pc's.

Strangely enough a lot of these self proclaimed PC building pro's/enthusiasts seem to break as much as they get right which adds to the entertainement value.

PC building pro/enthusiast?

This is the part I do not agree with at all. The rest is cool but, real TV has almost completely garbage, especially compared to what was around 30 years ago.

Oh, don't get me wrong.

There is a lot of nothing on TV. A lot of that is just filler though. What little is good is of higher quality than some dude saying "hey guys" and playing a video game.

I think this is because of the isolation and loneliness younger folks feel these days. They don't watch a lot of these producers for the actual content, but because they feel like they are virtual friends.

It still blows my mind that enough people actually watch these clowns that they can make a living at it at all, let alone this kind of killing.

The streamers are the ones who blow my mind the most. I have never once in my life felt even the most remote desire to watch someone else play a video game, either local or via the internet.

To me, YouTube is for cat videos, short clips of "look what I saw today" and instructional videos for how to repair your car and/or house. You know, I want to share a video with friends or family or a forum I'm posting on in order to show them something quick. That's the only thing I use it for, which can be evidenced by my "channel"... Heck, like 90% of my videos are unlisted.

This - to me - is what YouTube is for. Nothing else. I don't want to see any professionally produced content at all on YouTube.
Only thing i watch streaming for is to see if a game I'm looking at is anygood. Anyone can make a game play video look good not so much editing in a live stream

I think this is because of the isolation and loneliness younger folks feel these days. They don't watch a lot of these producers for the actual content, but because they feel like they are virtual friends.

Oddly, Markiplier himself is 'one of those people'. He's specifically stated he has social anxiety and is not good with crowds but he puts himself out there regardless, does tours, etc. So I guess this is his way of communicating with people? In which case, again, more power to him.

I don't get why people think this is 'so absurd'. As others have mentioned, have you seen reality TV? Do you see how much sport players make for entertainment? It's just a different type of entertainment. I'd rather have gamers play games, be amusing/funny and earn something from it (and actually learn/know how to edit, produce videos etc), vs reality TV stars with no real... knowledge of anything, be famous, get rich, just because (or because they release sex tapes, or cause drama which again the crowds love).

This is just another medium of entertainment.

With regards to being examples for kids, kids watching them etc, isn't that up to the parents to police their children on what content they should or shouldn't be exposed to? And manage the amount of that they're allowed to view as well? As a child I was given a limited 'x' time on the weekend to play a video game. So 2 hours a day maybe twice a day at absolute max. During the week was a no-game policy at all, though youtube wasn't a big thing when I was in high school (finished 2006), I think it had just started?

I know I'd rather my kid (not a parent, just saying :p) being a little less 'social' staying at home sometimes watching youtube or playing games rather than going out every other night getting hammered, drunk, getting on stupid drugs that can kill them.

Also prefer people producing actual 'content' (again subjective) over instagram models earning money just because they got some cleavage going and are semi-fit.

This is no different than an athlete providing entertainment for the masses, singer providing entertainment for the masses, or actor providing entertainment for the masses.

So from what I gather from reading these responses, most of you are jealous.

I don't watch youtube much, unless it's for how-to videos, but I don't see the issue with this. Good on these guys for capitalizing on an opportunity.

Only downside to the entertainment industry is, that it's not sustainable. Can these guys keep it up for 10+ year? But by then they probably have made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives.

He's just a bland kid, zero personality, one of millions, sort of playing with random stuf, and there are tens of millions views of that crap. I don't get it, I really don't.

Einstein had it correct: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Oddly, Markiplier himself is 'one of those people'. He's specifically stated he has social anxiety and is not good with crowds but he puts himself out there regardless, does tours, etc. So I guess this is his way of communicating with people? In which case, again, more power to him.

I don't get why people think this is 'so absurd'. As others have mentioned, have you seen reality TV? Do you see how much sport players make for entertainment? It's just a different type of entertainment. I'd rather have gamers play games, be amusing/funny and earn something from it (and actually learn/know how to edit, produce videos etc), vs reality TV stars with no real... knowledge of anything, be famous, get rich, just because (or because they release sex tapes, or cause drama which again the crowds love).

This is just another medium of entertainment.

With regards to being examples for kids, kids watching them etc, isn't that up to the parents to police their children on what content they should or shouldn't be exposed to? And manage the amount of that they're allowed to view as well? As a child I was given a limited 'x' time on the weekend to play a video game. So 2 hours a day maybe twice a day at absolute max. During the week was a no-game policy at all, though youtube wasn't a big thing when I was in high school (finished 2006), I think it had just started?

I know I'd rather my kid (not a parent, just saying :p) being a little less 'social' staying at home sometimes watching youtube or playing games rather than going out every other night getting hammered, drunk, getting on stupid drugs that can kill them.

Also prefer people producing actual 'content' (again subjective) over instagram models earning money just because they got some cleavage going and are semi-fit.
I think humans need real physical interaction, both good and bad. We were made to breath the same air as our fellows; inhale their pheromones; touch them in both love (fuck) and anger (fight). Without that physical interaction we just decay and slowly go mad. We're social creatures to our core, and yapping at each other online isn't just a poor substitute, it's no substitute at all.

I think humans need real physical interaction, both good and bad. We were made to breath the same air as our fellows; inhale their pheromones; touch them in both love (fuck) and anger (fight). Without that physical interaction we just decay and slowly go mad. We're social creatures to our core, and yapping at each other online isn't just a poor substitute, it's no substitute at all.

At no point in my post did I say 'don't be social' or 'don't go outside'. I'm just saying this is no different to people watching rich people on TV.

I agree they need physical interaction absolutely. Some perhaps more than others?

That highest earner 22 million. He's a kid, and he "reviews toys." Basically he plays with them and his parents record it. Its quite sad, he was sick one day, and the parents took his temp, gave him some Tylenol then threw a toy in front of him and started recording.... My wife stumbled on a "this is child abuse" thread about him one day...

It absolutely is abuse, low grade but that kid is just basically paraded as a puppet. I just see it as the 21st century version of the shit Macauley Culkin and Michael Jackson went through (without the MJ beatings)

Even worse, apparently only 15% of what he earns is kept aside for him for when he turns 18. I bet his parents are having a great old time though.

He definitely does have a lot of toys though, so there’s that.

Back