The "The new WoW patch sucks" thread

Cryptic

Gawd
Bitch about the insane lag and lack of dishonor punishment for levels 60 ganking anyone they see...I think they should lose EVER damn point if they gank anyone 3 levels lower then them. It's impossable to quest anymore. Blizzard fucked this patch up BIG time.

I don't think it sucks, but I do think there needs to be penalties for ganking like people have been doing.

I'm not having a problem...and I'm not lvl 60.

However they're probably should be some dishonor action for ganking lower levels

I agree, either that or let us transfer our characters to PvE servers. The game isn't even enjoyable anymore.

Cryptic said:
I think they should lose EVER damn point if they gank anyone 3 levels lower then them.

a bit extreme dont you think? I meen even as a priest I don't hesitate to attack horde who are within 5 levels of myself... It's completely possible for somebody 5-7 levels lower to have success against the bigger guy as long as they know what they're doing and have the luck to run into a bigger guy who really doesn't. How frustrating do you think it would be if you had been building up honor for a while and someone 10 levels below you tried to start shit and you ended up killing him and lost your points. Deal with it, do instances or something.

naveed said:
a bit extreme dont you think? I meen even as a priest I don't hesitate to attack horde who are within 5 levels of myself... It's completely possible for somebody 5-7 levels lower to have success against the bigger guy as long as they know what they're doing and have the luck to run into a bigger guy who really doesn't. How frustrating do you think it would be if you had been building up honor for a while and someone 10 levels below you tried to start shit and you ended up killing him and lost your points. Deal with it, do instances or something.
No, if a level 60 gets attacked by a level 40 then I'm all for the level 60 defending himself without penelty. But when a level 33 is minding his own bisuness questing and the higher levels stops, gets off mount, and then attacks, its bullshit. I guess I didn't make myself clear about the level 60 being able to defend himself, sorry. But its insane that nothing happens when you kill someone 30 levels lower then they are.

Edit: I will say that I was a little tough on the 3 level limit, I was pissed, but come on...a level 60 ganking a level 33...thats insane.

I think that if somebody initiates an attack against somebody 7+ below them for levels 40-60, or 5+ levels for 1-39; it should be an instant 1 day account suspension. This is rediculous.

Also Cryptic, you think that's bad? How about a group of 4 60s ganking and then corpse camping a lvl 29 who was just running by (me)?

Maybe there shouldn't be a punishment system, there are other ways to handle it. SWG does a very good job in this area. If you join a PvP guild, then you can either be covert or overt. If you're covert, then it's the same as being non-PvP. But, if you're overt than any opposing overt players can attack you.

That still doesn't seem fair. Like for me, I definatly want to be in a PvP server for the raids and such, but getting ganking continuously while questing in STV isn't PvPing; it's being killed by pussies to afraid to get out and do ACTUAL PvP activities.

Stop whining you people, Why dont you go make a goddamn video game, then you can complai all you want.

I think it's great. Chaos everywhere, with people slaughtering others en masse. Finally some form of pvp is brought to the game :D

otoh, the lag problem sucks, although it hasn't occurred too frequently for me.

Hate_Bot said:
Stop whining you people, Why dont you go make a goddamn video game, then you can complai all you want.
I have. Granted it was a cheap little sprite based game. So can I complain now?

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
193 Honorable kills today. 43 Rogue.
313 HKs today (and 3 DKs, damn civilians), I ganked a couple of lower lvls (40-48, grey for me, There was even a lvl 32 attacking TM) since they happened to be attacking me first or in the group with all the other alliance players attacking Tarren Mill. 60 Hunter

Cryptic said:
No, if a level 60 gets attacked by a level 40 then I'm all for the level 60 defending himself without penelty. But when a level 33 is minding his own bisuness questing and the higher levels stops, gets off mount, and then attacks, its bullshit. I guess I didn't make myself clear about the level 60 being able to defend himself, sorry. But its insane that nothing happens when you kill someone 30 levels lower then they are.

Edit: I will say that I was a little tough on the 3 level limit, I was pissed, but come on...a level 60 ganking a level 33...thats insane.
I've had a 15 alliance attack me (I being a lvl 60 tauren hunter) when I was in alliance terrority farming for Flask of Oil. I didnt even want to kill him :( But he gave me no choice.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
I'm not having a problem...and I'm not lvl 60.

However they're probably should be some dishonor action for ganking lower levels
What about when a lvl 30-48s is in a group of 55+'s attacking TM, then you have no choice but to gank him. Heck, I'm allowed to gank a 49 or higher for an HK for being 60. I do have a bunch of KoS (Kill on Sight) guilds that kill a lot of the lowbies in our guild or do things like camp outside of instances and gank us while we're loading in. So I kill anyone in their guild, whether it be a lowbie or somewhat my lvl in their guild, I see it only as far since they do it to us.

Hate_Bot said:

Why do people make such stupid statements?

They paid for it. They're STILL paying for it. They have a right to bitch when controversial options are implemented on a wide-scale and can't be opted off.

Pulse said:
Aren't you able to toggle the pvp off and on with /pvp ?
No, at least not on PVP servers, it flags you for PVP whenever you are in contest/enemy territory or attack a member of the opposing factoin. Lasts for 5 minutes when you are out of contested/enemy territory or have stopped attacking a member of the opposing faction.

Cryptic said:
I agree, either that or let us transfer our characters to PvE servers. The game isn't even enjoyable anymore.

Don't even think that the PvE servers are any better. Everyone is pvping.... at any given time there are 40-50 Alliance raiding Tarren Mill or crossroads, and theres now plans to hit Ogrimmar. Imagine the 3 biggest guilds on a server hitting Ogrimmar...

Granted we don't get ganked while doing quests, but the lag is killer.

I also hate what they did to the Lightforge Helm, Dreadmist Hood, and the Wildheart Cowl.

Note to self "If you want nice n' safe pvp roll a FRACKNG toon on a PvE server". You picked PvP....now realize what it truely is. PvP by blizz is still the most carebear version i've ever seen.

-tReP

Well the patch had definitely added chaos to the game but it's a fun change. Everyone seems to really be into the new stuff. The game seems much more lively now than it has since the last patch.

Being Horde, I totally disagree with the idea that you should suffer a penalty for killing someone that's a lower level than you. We are far outnumbered by the Alliance on my server and you'll be suprised how fast you go down when 10 level 30+s are hitting you all at once. What are you supposed to do, let them kill you so you don't lose your honor points?

Last night it was me (lvl 55) and 5 lvl 60s trying to defend Splintertree against...no joke...at least 50 alliance players ranging from lvl 30-60. We manged to take a some out each time before getting wiped and eventually got backup to drive them away. Then the same thing at the crossroads...then back to splintertree.

There's no way for Blizzard to determine whether a higher level player is ganking or severely outnumbered. If I'm in a massive pvp battle I'm going to target the lower levels first because they'll drop faster and they can still heal and add damage for there side if left untouched. If you wanted to avoid being ganked, you should've joined a PvE server because there's always been ganking on PvP servers.

ThunderGod66 said:
Being Horde, I totally disagree with the idea that you should suffer a penalty for killing someone that's a lower level than you. We are far outnumbered by the Alliance on my server and you'll be suprised how fast you go down when 10 level 30+s are hitting you all at once. What are you supposed to do, let them kill you so you don't lose your honor points?

...read what the Alliance members have posted.

Nobody believes that you should just stand their and let yourself get killed.

There is a large difference between taking four or five of your lvl60 buddies to kill lowbies and defending yourself when attacked.

Thundergod66 said:
There's no way for Blizzard to determine whether a higher level player is ganking or severely outnumbered.

The game could be made to take note of who throws the first blow.

WickedAngel said:
...read what the Alliance members have posted.

Nobody believes that you should just stand their and let yourself get killed.

There is a large difference between taking four or five of your lvl60 buddies to kill lowbies and defending yourself when attacked.

The game could be made to take note of who throws the first blow.

dont pvp much do you? theres no way to know who did what half the time.
I play on a PVE server, so anyone flagged is fair game.

Steel Chicken said:
dont pvp much do you? theres no way to know who did what half the time.
I play on a PVE server, so anyone flagged is fair game.

...you might not be able to tell, but the game can certainly tell who attacked first.

This isn't about large-scale fights anyways. It's about high-level assholes who go out of their way to group up, slaughter low-levels, and corpse camp.

WickedAngel said:
...you might not be able to tell, but the game can certainly tell who attacked first.

This isn't about large-scale fights anyways. It's about high-level assholes who go out of their way to group up, slaughter low-levels, and corpse camp.

ever hear of lag?
trust my honor points to some buggy laggy POS?
no thanks.

dont wanna die? dont flag. on a PVP server and dont wanna die? Stay in friendly territory.

Im on a Sagaras, which has Alliance is the minority but Im still loving the PvP action. It seems that latency had been racheted up no matter where you are. Before I could hit 60ms. Never the less I am amazed that I can watch these 50 man battles with only a reduced framerate. Any problems I am seeing now, are most likely my crappy rigs fault.

I think that you should get a dishonor point for killing far outside your level unless they attack you. Its just one point and if they attack you you get your point back. One point is nothing in the grand scheme of things. One point hell make it a half point. It would only effect the rogues who continually farm low lvl PCs

Combat log seems to know who attacked who first. Im sure the data is all there. If you have so much lag that you dont see yourself being hit then you have bigger problems. Even if lag is an issue in determining first strike, who cares, unless you persistantly hunt low levels...

Steel Chicken said:
ever hear of lag?
trust my honor points to some buggy laggy POS?
no thanks.

dont wanna die? dont flag. on a PVP server and dont wanna die? Stay in friendly territory.

I guess you're one of the gutless cowards who is farming out noobs. That is the only reason I could imagine you defending this.

WickedAngel said:

Then you should've rolled on a PVE server or if you are on a PVE server and you flag you get what you ask for. Cmon this really isn't that fucking difficult to understand. Why do you try and argue your way out of a choice YOU made?

FFS man

WickedAngel said:
I guess you're one of the gutless cowards who is farming out noobs. That is the only reason I could imagine you defending this.
Farming newbs is still fair game. I'm sure everyone has been corpse camped and ganked by people 20 levels higher than them. It's the nature of the game. Shit or get off the pot man. Is this the first MMO you've played? This isn't a new concept.

My point was that if I'm heavily outnumbered, it shouldn't matter who shoots first. I'm not going to wait for every lowbie to hit me first before I can kill them. If we're in a large scale battle I'll shoot all the lowbies first because I can take someone in their 30s out in a few hits. I shouldn't have to stand around saying "please hit me hit me" so I can kill them. Also, what about healers? We'd have to leave all the lowbie healers alive because they wouldn't be attacking us and their side will just keep getting healed. The system is fine how it is and ganking has always been part of the game. The server type you're on was your choice and I'm glad Blizzard gave people the different options because some people just can't deal with being ganked...too bad some people only realized that after they chose though.

WickedAngel said:

Are you even paying attention? I play on a PVE server. I dont go running around looking for flagged noobs to gank, because unless they are actively attacking and PVPing (and therefore flagged) there are no noobs to gank. However, if I attack a town as part of group, or low levels attack a horde town im defending, and they are flagged, they will get stomped. World of WARCraft not World of BASKETWEAVINGCraft

Do you even play the game?

Steel Chicken said:
World of WARCraft not World of BASKETWEAVINGCraft

Do you even play the game?

Now that is funny. Almost all of the solutions here focus on the benefit of the victim and not the aggressor. War favors the aggressor. Again if you want carebare PvP roll a toon on a PvE server. Otherwise chill and see what unfolds. This isn't World of YOUcraft.

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
Now that is funny. Almost all of the solutions here focus on the benefit of the victim and not the aggressor. War favors the aggressor. Again if you want carebare PvP roll a toon on a PvE server. Otherwise chill and see what unfolds. This isn't World of YOUcraft.

-tReP

WTF? Have you been reading my posts? Are you reading the same thread as me? Which planet are you people on?

Steel Chicken said:
WTF? Have you been reading my posts? Are you reading the same thread as me? Which planet are you people on?

Yes I did....I was agreeing with you Chill! :rolleyes: Here is the obligated QFT so people don't misunderstand.

-tReP

I like the Honorable kills. So far I haven't seen a system for Dishonorable kills that would be fair though.

Lowbie attacks high - That would allow for honorable kill on both sides and no dishonorable kills. That sounds ok.

High attacks Lowbie - Most people are saying this should be a dishonorable kill. No way.
What if it's in the middle of a big fight and my Area Effect damage spell causes damage to the lowbie. I didn't specifically attack the lowbie - maybe I was casting it to help kill the 3 level 60's attacking me - but somehow the lowbie dies. I should get a dishonorable for that? No way.
What if I'm minding my own business and see a group of lowbies that I know are about to attack me. I have to wait until they attack me or else I'd get a dishonorable kill. Once again that's not fair for me. If I can tell they are about to try to gank me then I should be able to attack first to get the advantage.

I'm all for some sort of dishonor system to discourage ganking but so far I haven't heard of one that would work. It is World of Warcraft after all, not World of Everyone Get Along So I Can Quest Better Craft. I'm sure Blizzard has had meeting after meeting after meeting trying to come up with a fair system. If they can't do it after all the time they've put into trying to come up with a way then I'm not sure it can be done.

If you are Lvl 50-60 wtf do you care if you lose one honor point for killing a lolvl healer in the back row. It would be one forking point if it was anything. If you cant kill some one within 15 or 20 levels to get that point back then you deserve to lose it. I think it adds dimension to the game, everyone is hung up on the upward treadmill..The dishonor point wont stop me from killing NPCs. Who cares if your area attack kills some lowbies? Again, dont you ever kill anything higher lvl?

Yes it is PvP, you should be able to kill anything you want but, they are Honor Points awarded for honor on the battle field and not I killed everything I could find Points

I feel bad for the lvl 50s who are still leveling. You basically can't go anywhere without a group now. I really wish they had left the honor system inside battlegrounds.

Back