The "Sweet Spot" Of Game Prices

29.99 for PC games is my sweet spot with exceptions that I get on launch for 49.99 (Orange Box). I got Sins, The Witcher, and Bioshock for that price merely 3 months after each release. I even got Crysis for 19.99 sitting in it's box. Crysis won't run well on my machine.

30$ is my sweet spot for a single player game, and then 50 would be for a online game and not just like a game with online leaderboards but a great online game. I still think digital download age needs to come faster and give us a price discount because the 59.99 range + XBOX live card is really a joke for some of the lower games

also. there really needs to be a price ceiling for crappy games, letting Two Worlds sell at 59.99 is a joke.

$20-30 is a good price. $40 at launch if the game is really that awesome, like Orange Box. $50 is really pushing it, but I did buy at launch for $50: Halo and Guild Wars.

$50 MAX for me usually... i think $60 plus tax for a game for my ps3 is absolutely ATROCIOUS !!!
usually for new titles theres always a deal going so i get lucky most of the time but obviously if its something im dying for then i dont care how much it costs id pay full price but i doubt anythings gonna get me that excited till resident evil 5 comes lol.

I usally try to wait for the price to come down to 30 sometimes i buy nre releases. but it seems like i dont et around to playing them for months so why pay the premium

Wow, you guys are lucky.

I'm lucky if I pick up a launch title for under $100. They stretch as high as $120.

Yet the AU dollar is the same as the US dollar.

/wrists

If it's a good game, I'm willing to pay $50. I don't buy too many games, though.

Wow, you guys are lucky.

I'm lucky if I pick up a launch title for under $100. They stretch as high as $120.

Yet the AU dollar is the same as the US dollar.

/wrists

Wow! That sucks. Can you buy downloadable games for US prices?

Wow! That sucks. Can you buy downloadable games for US prices?

But then I get stung on download limits,

80 bucks a month for ADSL2 (I live in a city and get about 1mb/s downstream maximum), with only a 25gb download limit per month.

If I am syked about the game I will pay full price or try to find a way to get money for it so that its a self only slickdeal for myself. Otherwise I always try and get it cheap (sub 30). The last full priced game I bought was Orange Box for the PC which I actually paid 0 for as I got a GH3 game off a freebie site for like 3 dollars and returned it to walmart and used the GC for the game and bought groceries with the rest of it. I will probably pay full price for Diablo 3 but beyond that I'll always look for a deal. Currently I don't have a console. My girlfriend has a wii and is looking into buying a psp and I got her Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: TP for her wii from different freebie sites for the huge price tag of completely free! :D. I'm a cheap ass gamer at heart.

50 on release, or even for a few years later if its still really popular, although if its 30-40 that would be great too :p

Back