The story of the Lost Partition.

xeefus

Limp Gawd
So, uhm, I tried merging 2 partitions with PartitionMagic, but now I lost one partition at about 65gig, can't even start PMagic anymore... I just get Init failed: Error 11117... Also I got an error when the merging was done, header #1520 or something failed... Anyhow, didn't have much that I needed to save on that partition... So, uhm, help me! What to do? I just want to extend my partition to it's full size again... Which should be around 180gigs...

FDisk it. Delete all teh partitions, restore them, then reformat. it's annoying, you loose any data that was on it, but i find partition majic and those programs never work right.

You could also go into your controle panel, hit performance and maintenance, Administrative tools, then hit computer management.

on the left hand side of the computer management tool, click diskmanagement and see if you have an unallocated disk.

You could have gotten a spare hard drive to boot off of then used R-Studio to recover any lost data. Also, I believe there is some partition repair tools that come with the UBCD that might be of assistance.

Oh well :) Formatted... No important data on any of the partitions. Thanks anyhow :)

Back