The Steam Halloween Sale Is Now Live

Resident Evil 7, Night in the Woods, Grim Fandango, and Darksiders 2 are really good games. It's dated, but Left 4 Dead 2 is worth $2.

Agree with Dying Light. If a '70-80s zombie movie were created in a video game universe, this would be it.

If you have yet to play Amnesia: Dark Descent, I also highly recommend it. It still looks gorgeous, and the story and environments are excellent.

Prey is pretty good. Better than I expected. Not the best looking game, but story and gameplay are tight. It just takes an hour or 2 to really get into it. The base game took me around 35 hours the first time.

Dark Souls trilogy is on sale. I don't think anything needs to be said about it.

Alan Wake is back with soundtrack intact.

Looking to buy Remothered, as I heard good things about it.

Call of Cthulhu is out today, which I have been waiting on forever. I have a similar game in my backlog called Conarium which took inspiration from the Lovecraftian universe.

Looks like a lot of non-horror themed games are also on sale, including the Tomb Raider rebooted trilogy which is damn good. Divinity: Original Sin 2 is finally on sale with a decent discount.

nice looking for some cheap games ican play with the wife

wish portal 2 was on sale.

any other coope games that are not wife friendly ?

goddamn right, lol

vB9B5.gif

The only thing I purchased from this sale is the soundtrack from Plague Inc. ($2). Good game, it came with Humble Bundle quite some time back. And, it has some solid science behind it.

Fallout 4: GOTY isn't on sale though. :(

A few of my recommendations include Dying Light, Plague Inc Evolved, Grim Dawn, Darkest Dungeon, X-Morph: Defense, Metro Redux Bundle, and Hunt Showdown.

Added to wish list.

It's dated, but Left 4 Dead 2 is worth $2.

Right..... a game that was introduced in November, 2009 that has an average of 7.3K players on it in the past week. Can we name all of the multiplayer games that have lunched and died in those nine years?

Because the content from the original Left 4 Dead has been integrated into Left 4 Dead 2, the original game is no longer recommended.

Alan Wake is back with soundtrack intact.

Feh. Don't spend $3 on this game. Instead, spend $5 so that you can get the bonus materials and the sequel. Browse the game folder, then pull out the soundtrack. The Children of the Elder God will thank you.

I've been playing a game called Nuclear Throne. It's a rogue-like pixel game. Has some cool weapons and interesting monsters - plus, you die frequently and jump right back in. I think I got it from Humble Bundle a while back - nice game to play for 15-30 minutes.
I'm doubtful I'll buy anything from Steam unless they have a really good deal on something. My Steam back log is ridiculous!

Dying Light, L4D2, and Alan Wake are all fantastic games.

EDIT: Oh holy shit, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. I recall that game being awesome, gonna have to take a trip down memory lane. As I recall it was actually the first game on the market to use the new Source engine, they even beat Valve's Half-Life 2 to the market. XD

Last edited:
Oh wow, had no idea there was a remastered edition of Grim Fandango. At that price it's a no brainer for me, loved that game back in the day and have no idea where my CD has gone. Thanks for the heads up.

I got 2 grim dawn dlc's and darkest dungeon, now to get trough all the other backlog

Agree with Dying Light. If a '70-80s zombie movie were created in a video game universe, this would be it.

I agree but I just didn't like the weapon system in the game. I spent way too much time having to learn all the parkour stuff and then hunt around for parts to make a weapon that would last 10 minutes before breaking.

I really want to try the Forest but can't seem to get some friends who have it already to try it.

Why isn't Borderland 2 on sale?....

....:sad:.
Wanted to by a copy for my youngest.

grim dawn is quite good, if you have a decent enough system to take advantage of it..my "poor old" system played it well enough, but could definitely tell slowdowns (Phenom II over 980 level, 7870 2gb, Crucial MX500 1tb, 8gb ram running 1788)

was enjoyable for the most part with quite a bit to do if you like RPG games (they have trainer available for it as well if you like that "cheat" type play ability) they did I believe was 2 expansion things since I bought my copy, crucible and something else (if I recall name correctly)

Agree with Dying Light. If a '70-80s zombie movie were created in a video game universe, this would be it...looks like a lot of non-horror themed games are also on sale, including the Tomb Raider rebooted trilogy which is damn good...

I recently finished the first game of the TR trilogy, looking forward to the second and third. Also looking for a good zombie survival and by the sound of it, Dying Light is it. I've only ever played Left for Dead in that genre, so not sure what to expect.

Oldie but goodie Killing Floor 2 for $9 and change
Hey Im piscian18 on steam if you need a partner. Ive been playing off and on the last two weeks and even starting a 2 or 3 man party I've gotten a full squad join within a round or so. The game seems pretty well populated right now.

AAAAAAAnd Rimworld is full price, and more than i pay for AAA games. Oh well.

Thats the one Im waiting on a sale for.

the wife REALLY loved playing that game. Anyone know of a newer game in the same vein... *snickers*

The community support for VtM:Bloodlines is still going strong. Another unofficial patch was just released. Also sounds like there are some decent mods out there.
I keep meaning to play it again, just haven't found the time.

Not bad... I picked up a few things.
I'll undoubtedly get more during the Fall/Thanksgiving sale soon
/Getting Tempest was nearly a toss-up with Windward, but the single-player options looked stronger with Tempest

capsule_sm_120.jpg

Kerbal Space Program
$15.99

capsule_sm_120.jpg

Tempest
$5.99

capsule_sm_120.jpg

Pharaoh + Cleopatra
$4.99

Back