cageymaru

Fully [H]
The Steam Blog has released its "Best of 2018" list that cover the following categories: Top Selling Games of 2018, Top Selling New Releases of 2018, Top Selling VR Titles of 2018, Top Early Access Grads of 2018, and the Most Played Games of 2018. Valve has grouped the games into four categories; Platinum: 1st - 12th Top Seller, Gold: 13th - 24th Top Seller, Silver: 25th - 40th Top Seller, and Bronze: 41st - 100th Top Seller based on sales.

Thanks for reading, and for another great year on Steam! We're constantly surprised by the amazing new games that seem to come out of nowhere, delight their audiences and end up on these lists (and in our Steam libraries) by year-end. Also, don't forget to check out the Steam Winter Sale, on now through January 3rd. Many of the titles in the lists above are on great discounts, and these lists are a great way to see which games were resonating the most with players this year. -The Steam Team

I only have about 8 of the games on their lists. I need to add some of these to my Steam back log so I can pretend I will play them in the future when I have more time.

Seems No Man Sky is still selling okay. Yes other game companies, if you apologise and stick with a product you can still make a return on it and save some of your reputation.

Some of these games seem like they might be interesting, but any multiplayer game that does not include a Dedicated Server where I am the administrator will not get any money from me. It is such a waste to "report" griefers (team killers, jump off cliff, solo/Rambo types, cheaters, etc), and also an annoyance to call a vote to kick someone. If someone joins my server and starts acting a fool, I instantly kick and perma-ban them, then restore back any damage they did. Without this I would rarely play any online games. As a result, I'm still playing a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 (server: L4Demons, player: Mystic Spiral), which the Steam Awards indicate still gets 25,000 players online concurrently...pretty good for a ten year old game.

Are there ANY new games worth playing that include a Dedicated Server?

Some of these look interesting but I tend to wonder how much twitch streaming has impacted top lists. I recall that year or so when jumpscare games were all the rage partially because they were designed with streaming and reaction vlogs in mind. I see several battle royale clones in the top lists like scum and rings of elysium. A good 25% games I see on the most played page are microtrans streaming garbage I immediately write off.

Seems No Man Sky is still selling okay. Yes other game companies, if you apologise and stick with a product you can still make a return on it and save some of your reputation.
I am waiting on No Man's Sky. It looks like the game I was wanting when they first started talking about it. If I had more time, I'd go for it. As is, I have a lot of other games ahead of it. By the time I do by it, it will be half the price and have more features/bug fixes than now :)

Back