**The state of GPU's and their purchasability** This is a rant post, anyone else agree with me AFTER you read this?

You are right, to a degree. The problem is - they 'promised' something (or rather offered it for sale, with the premise that consumers could buy it) - and then failed to deliver. Not so much peak consumerism - but a bait and switch that has people angry.
Oh, don't get me wrong, the company should get shat on, people just need to be less upset about it.

I've got cash in my pocket ready to go to upgrade my old GTX 1070 to run my Acer Predator 34" X34 Ultra widescreen monitor.

I've been looking for a RTX 3080 since launch and nowhere to be found.

I live near a big city so I check craigslist and Facebook marketplace and it's a fucking sad joke the insane prices people are asking for these cards on the aftermarket. $1400+ for a 3080. And $2,500 for a 3090.

then I thought to myself okay maybe I'll be willing to find a good deal on an old 2080 Ti? Heck those are selling for $1,000 still WTF?

At this point I'll settle for the $499 RTX 3070. I'd like to stop by my local Microcenter tomorrow morning, But they have some forum you can check out and people say they line up at 3:00 a.m. in the morning to get in line for the few RTX cards that might be coming in shipment, and they sell out and are spoken for, before they even open the doors that morning.

What. The. Fuck. I'm not going to Microcenter at 3:00 a.m. to wait in my car until 8:00 a.m. to be able to get a video card. And they say there's sometimes a line of cars in the parking lot waiting, so your not even guranteed that you'll even get one.

Very curious come Nov. 18th if AMD will have good stock of the new 6800XT's?

What I want to know is...how the f*ck are there this many gamers on the planet? I mean, it's like everyone and their mother now is a pc gamer. Crazy shit. 90 year olds using bots to buy a 3080. Unreal.

What I want to know is...how the f*ck are there this many gamers on the planet? I mean, it's like everyone and their mother now is a pc gamer. Crazy shit. 90 year olds using bots to buy a 3080. Unreal.
jarablue A lot of people skipped the 2000 series cards and now want a 3000 series card, also miner as usual and bots.

Nvidia has been paper launching since the 10 series. This paper launch however is wayyyy worse than the others. My local microcenter in Fairfax has not had a SINGLE card since release day. I check every day multiple times and no cards have shown in stock plus I know a guy that works there and he claims none. It's very frustrating to login to youtube and see those clowns with a stack of cards reviewing benhcmarks when 99.99% of us can't even find one for sale. Joke.
To be fair, that's their job, and I'd rather have reviews of cards first instead of just blindly buying whatever I can get my grubby hands on. I don't understand why people buy hardware like that.

Back