The Skyscraper Photo PC

Wow that's definitely one of the best case mods I've ever seen. Excellent diversion from the usual tech-sexy mods for a nice artistic touch. Great work.

Thanks for the comments guys!

awesome. more specs and pics plz :D

Thanks for that. I did provide a link to my site. I'm not going to hang a neon sign around it. If you like this you will like my other stuff.

057.jpg

060.jpg

oh whoops - didn't see your link.

too busy looking at the pics lol.

it would be great if you could either find or design a Hammond Gregory clock face for the LCD...

oh whoops - didn't see your link.

too busy looking at the pics lol.

it would be great if you could either find or design a Hammond Gregory clock face for the LCD...

Great idea! That was my intention from the beginning. Maybe now the hardware is done I can work on that. I've seen screensaver images that were actual working clocks.

I'd love to emulate this mod but it's so much work that I dont feel I could do correctly/accurately/nicely :(

been looking at a few screensavers. so far the only thing somewhat close to the theme would probably be this:
http://www.clock-desktop.com/screens/classic_clock/classic-clock-01.jpg

and this

http://beeks.eu/swf/roman.swf

This job would be easy for a software guru...which I'm not. I don't actually have a Hammond Gregory clock either. Just photos.

I'd love to emulate this mod but it's so much work that I dont feel I could do correctly/accurately/nicely :(

It was fairly easy but very time consuming.

I have heard rumors that there is a detailed work log somewhere on the Internet. ;)

That looks very nice. I thought it was just a picture in a box lol...

So will that think play crysis??

haha, jk.

Very snazzy and looks like excellent build quality. My hat is off to you sir.

That looks very nice. I thought it was just a picture in a box lol...

Thanks. I'm working on a short video that shows it going through a slideshow complete with transitions.

I also need a photo with a Universal Size Comparator. The LCD screen is only 11.3" diagonal.

Every mod you have done has one after another impressed the hell out of me, from the humidors to the deco pieces and now this... I truly thank you for being an inspiration.

Every mod you have done has one after another impressed the hell out of me, from the humidors to the deco pieces and now this... I truly thank you for being an inspiration.

I'll have to agree 100% with that! Keep up the awesome work!

those are awesome. I don t have the patience (or talent) to create those works of art.

slippery you have once again made me jealous.

you do amazing work, keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm gearing up for the next Intel design challenge that will be announced in a few weeks. I built the Skyscraper as a possible design concept for a home entertainment PC.

I'm playing around with ideas that involve small eye-level touchscreen interfaces that revert to digital photo frames when not in use.

Back