The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Is Free on Origin

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
EA has announced that the Sims 2 will be free through Origin until July 31st. All you will need to grab you free goodness is an Origin account and the enclosed code. Along with the core game, all eight expansion packs are also included free. Grab it while you can. :cool:

interesting, I have always wanted to play around with the game just to see what it is like. Now to see if I can remember what my origin account info is. Keep forgetting they are giving out free games.

I wasn't seeing this in Origin's "on the house" page. Turns out all you have to do is go to Redeem Product Code, and enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS and it will add the game to your library for free.

I wasn't seeing this in Origin's "on the house" page. Turns out all you have to do is go to Redeem Product Code, and enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS and it will add the game to your library for free.

If you read the article... that's what it says?

Did anyone else d/l and try the Sims? For some reason its taking 10-15 minutes to start and then for some reason I cannot change the resolution. Never messed with the Sims before and after dealing with this I'm glad I didn't.

Did anyone else d/l and try the Sims? For some reason its taking 10-15 minutes to start and then for some reason I cannot change the resolution. Never messed with the Sims before and after dealing with this I'm glad I didn't.
Yeah, it took forever to load - so long that I didn't even bother starting a game. As for the resolution, there are a limited number of resolutions available and you can't push it up to 1920x1080 with the default settings. BUT, there's a way to enable other resolutions. Head on over to the following address to get the details (editing configuration files required):

http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-increase-resolution-guide/

My attention span is very short and that is why I love FPS. Zero learning curve.

I tried to get into Sims 3 but it took longer than my attention span allowed. Is Sims 2 more ADHD friendly?

It was a little bit slow to load, but not at all bad for me. I have a really fast Dell Latitude D630 with a 5400 RPM 500 GB hard drive and a 2 GHz T7250. Though in-game is kinda slow because of the Intel x3100 video card. I tried running it at 1440x900, but it really was a lot happier at 1024x768. Speaking of that though, it supported any resolution I asked it to run so I dunno why your copy isn't working. Maybe you need to upgrade to a more modern PC.

Anyhow...last day to get it is today! :eek: It's great to have the game and all the expansions since I didn't until EA gave it away for free. It also runs without needing Origin running once you install it which is unlike a stuff from Steam which forces their stupid client thing-y to constantly run while you're playing a game so they can record just-for-kids-and-dumb-goal-oriented-childish-adult-achievements and cyberstalk anything else you're doing on your computer (hey, just like Google!). So, I dunno, as far as I'm concerned, Origin is a lot better...though I only have The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 from them. The rest of their games are really stupid looking.

yeah, I was having the same issue with it being extremely slow to load. I was wondering if it was just me, guess not.

Well my install must be goobered as there is no checkbox to change resolution. I'll try manual editing and see what that gets me. Thanks for the replies.

The first load took eons and that was on the system in sig. I was pretty sure it was just locked up. After that first load, it seems to load pretty quickly now.

Also, your install is not goobered, it's the game. It was not designed to be particularly "forward compatible"

Here's a tool someone else linked me to that will help you out.

Back