The Sims 2: Build Mode not functioning at all!!!

UltimateMan

Limp Gawd
hey all. maybe someone here has experienced this problem and has an answer.

While playing the sims with a family i have created, the "build mode" feature doesn't work correctly. I can select build mode, choose what function i want to use (e.g. doors, flooring, ect) but when i move my cursor over the area in which i want to create that object, the cursor doesn't change to accomodate my selection. So it will not, for example, allow me to build walls, or change doors, windows, flooring, ect. I CAN buy new funiture and stuff, but agian, nothing in "build mode" is working right.

Any ideas?

Thanks

i figured that out. the funny thing is i bought the DVD version of the game despite the fact i have no DVD-rom(it was $12 cheaper than the CD version employee price), so i borrowed one and installed it.

Then i use the no CD/DVD crack and i'm screwed. time to buy DVD rom i guess, lol

Rabid Bunny said:
The No-CD crack apparently disables the build mode. If you have one, check that.

I am pretty sure thats it, alot of people that Dl'ed are haveing that problem with the No-CD stuff, I believe EA even said something about features not working with No-CD cracks installed.

Ety said:
I am pretty sure thats it, alot of people that Dl'ed are haveing that problem with the No-CD stuff, I believe EA even said something about features not working with No-CD cracks installed.

Yeah it IS it. People just need to use daemon tools. I keep saying it :p

A Maxis Producer said the following:

Just FYI, the no CD patch breaks a bunch of stuff in the game. We were smarter than that. So most likely you won't be able to use build mode with the no CD patch.

Yeah just use Daemon Toold version 3.47 and you should be fine. BTW: Did any of you read the Sticky about no more talk of No-CD patches?

Back