The Simpsons is finally ending after 30 years, according to show's composer

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hopefully this isn't fake news, and also not a re-post

"The Simpsons is finally ending after 30 years, according to show's composer Danny Elfman.

The man behind the show's classic theme tune has claimed America's longest-running sitcom is "coming to an end" in a revealing interview.

Fox has renewed the cartoon for two more series, which will see new episodes until 2021, but Danny has heard that The Simpsons is in its final year."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/simpsons-finally-ending-after-30-20981319

Last edited:
The show pretty much was crap after the second season. It was never meant for kids because of its adult style humor and it was stupid funny humor that just turned into stupid, unfunny humor.

Your notes talk about disney pulling the MJ app but links to the show ending rumor. I am confused.

Get off my lawn! All jokes aside, for a show as terrible as you say, it's surprising it ran 30 seasons....

Reminds me I'm getting old. I still remember my mother yelling at me telling me she didn't want me watching that show when I was a kid in 1989-1990.

Should have ended 10 years ago.

Right after the Simpsons Movie felt about right.

Confession: I haven't seen a single simpsons episode, and have no intention of changing that.

The last time I actually wanted to watch The Simpsons is when I went to see the movie.

It's been a long time coming. I grew up with the show, but stopped watching around the year 2000.

Southpark took the torch away, and actually had a good 15-year run, but the last 5 yeas have been boring.

If Simpsons is anything to judge by, Southpark will still be on when I'm in my 50s, and I won't be watching it.

Last edited:
Meh, I still enjoy it under the context of second screen watching or just trying to wind down without wanting to think much. They’ve had at least a handful of good episodes the last few seasons. They should have gone the south park route and dropped to 10 episodes a year.

Mike Judge should bring back Beavis and Butthead to tackle modern issues like working at Popeyes chicken.

He tried that about 6 or 7 years ago and it only lasted one season because no one was tuning in. I'm still butthurt about it.

That sucks. Despite all the comments in here, I really enjoyed the show. It wasn't always funny, but it had a lot of moments.

The simpsons makes WAAAAY too much money in merch, advertising, etc. Regardless of how much the show sucks, it prints money.

Only an idiot would cancel the show.

Fake news, they will milk this thing until there isn't a single drop of blood money remaining from it's cold, dead corpse.

The issue is that people who grew up with it probably don't have time to watch it anymore with a house full of kids. If you have not kept up with pop culture you aren't going to relate to the jokes and references.

Used to like The Simpsons, like many others have mentioned, it's quality has greatly declined since the early 2000's and has not been the same since.

I don't see the show ending anytime soon as long it generates money for the studio, why stop just like COD annual releases, despite the criticism and negative feedback from consumers.

Got old back in the day and I can't remember when I watched it last, maybe Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Do recall wearing the UI and Purdue Simpsons shirts back then.

Get off my lawn! All jokes aside, for a show as terrible as you say, it's surprising it ran 30 seasons....
If you want something to last, you cater it to people it relates with, pretty much stupid people. ;)

I don't currently watch, but some of my favorite episodes came in seasons 8-13. Back when there was balance between homer = dad trying to do right vs bumbling idiot. The pendulum has swung too far to the bumbling idiot and I stopped watching.
That said, I have no issue if they keep going. Just recently went to Universal Studios FL and experienced Springfield for the first time. I've seen videos of adults crying with joy going into Hogsmead and Diagon Alley - but I was joyful crying in Springfield. And to be clear: I did have the RibWich at Krusty Burger while I was there.

meh I still like the simpsons, I never watched it as a kid so the whole "it was better seasons x - y" thing never made any sense to me, I watched all 30 something seasons at once and the show hasn't changed that much over the years (animation got better that's for sure)

I had no idea it was even still on the air.....I dont think I've seen an episode in 15 or so years...probably because I watch pretty much zero network TV

Maybe Rupert liked the show so just left it going, even though it may have only been breaking even or similar.

There are a lot of "get off my lawn" types in here.

Admit it, you got older, started having more responsibilities, smartphones and streaming TV sucked away your free time, the show's formula wore off on you and you just no longer had time for the Simpsons.

Millions of other people are still watching the new episodes. It's "fresh" for them.

First few seasons were different though, back before they tried to copy Family Guy and make Homer stupid. My wife never really watched them and has been watching them lately. They were more about being the average American family and teaching morals than purely mocking pop-culture. They did have more soul, back then.

Last edited:
I stopped watching after they started to always be mean to Homer with never anything good happening to him.

Last edited:
What does the end of the Simpson's show have to do with tech news (just asking)?

... it's quality has greatly declined since the early 2000's and has not been the same since.

folks today lack creativity (anyone here remember the original Wizard of Oz or Gone With The Wind?) so they have to rehash the old stuff and add to it today's fancy special effects to make it current (never works really; recent PC game releases proved that to be true). SNL is another good example of constant propaganda while lacking any creativity or content worth watching the show for.

Humans today have been conditioned quite thoroughly what with smartphones and other tech devices and unending commercials and fake news. They can no longer discern that their favorite movie or streaming TV show or news source is ladened with propaganda.

People's attention span today is just seconds in duration (here's just one example) which explains why movie scenes change so fast and constantly, the need for constantly changing stuff in video games, etc (compare Myst / Riven to today's FPS). FPS and action packed Role Playing games abound but Adventure/puzzle solving games @ AAA level? Folks in the video game and other "entertainment" industries study this stuff you know.

Back in the early 90's I heard a Navajo story teller tell the parents and kids, "your children's attention span is very short." and he was right but now look how short it is today :(

Last edited:
I watched all 30 something seasons at once
20190929_111804.jpg

This you? :LOL:

The show pretty much was crap after the second season. It was never meant for kids because of its adult style humor and it was stupid funny humor that just turned into stupid, unfunny humor.

Um, so basically you're saying the best seasons were the ones that centered around the "Do the Bartman" years? GTFO and have that shit checked by a doctor, you're ill Sir or Madam.... :)

Simpsons past the first 5 or 6 years isn't worth watching outside of the oddball episode here or there, I'll absolutely plant a flag with you on that one, but years 1-2 were all about Bart.....and those are pretty weaksauce...Homer Took OVER after that but by year 10 or so they were just grinding out the "topic of the moment" and special guest star appearances.......I seriously have no idea who watches this show. Think about how absurd it is that this show is almost like a soap opera but the cast has never once changed....how many presidents!?!?! How many generations...Gen X, Gen Y, Millennials......

I haven't really watched it for at least 10 years. I seen a episode here and there and find it still entertaining enough. Since the people took a huge pay cut a few years ago I think it will keep going for years to come.

Back