The Scraplet.

kakureru

2[H]4U
Some one on the FSOT forum was giving away some old ram and he had already offed it and offered me some alt ram for a little bit of cash. After finding out what it was for, he donated it to the cause..... in return for pictures.. :p

here are some picture and a little bit of explanation.

This is a HP TouchSmart 15 that a cat p'd on + a hp envy m4 that was wet damaged essentially taped together.

The M4 only real damage after cleaning was the cmos battery. A resistor was corroded out going to a diode bridge which a wire jumper fixed. The Capacitive layer of the touch screen was conviently labeled and I started its voltage at 3.3 and it worked. (hooray) the tape is some Fine Scotch brand Shipping tape heavy duty with some decent grip from the mart of walls. The plenti card is a rewards card proving a point per $ (unless deal) and roughly 100 points to 1$ of value. Better served
as the ram cover.

touch screen is 10 point touch and windows instantly switched over to tablet mode once it detected it.

IMG_9600.JPG IMG_9601.JPG IMG_9602.JPG IMG_9604.JPG IMG_9605.JPG

Last edited:
Things I plan to do is, internal USB hub, better screen that is easier to look at, better CPU and even find a board with the GPU on it. Options are endless!

Last edited:
the scraplet how has 8GB of ram!
Special thanks to Puffy!

now to see if i can find a compatible IPS screen , i7 proc and or even a mobo with the nvidia GPU, a USB hub board and rig up some decent eclosure.
:p

Back