The Samsung QLED q90a will be released in a 43" model.

OK, My wallet is ready. I'll just move my FV back to work. May have to retire the CG437K though. Now I need to figure out how to lift it 7" off the desk without using it's stand as it block my center channel speaker. May finally have to look into installing a monitor arm. I would assume that with the reduction of size it may not have the same number of dimming zones as the 50", guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Mini LED at that size now leaves zero excuse for monitors to still be using trash edge lit panels for the same price.

EDIT: According to RTings, neither the 43 nor the 50 inch sizes have 120Hz and VRR so if that's the case then this may as well be DOA.

1630634849525.png

EDIT: According to RTings, neither the 43 nor the 50 inch sizes have 120Hz and VRR so if that's the case then this may as well be DOA.

View attachment 391439

Oh dang, I figured it would have 120hz like the larger sizes, we will need to know that. According to the write up, the 43" will be released "soon" so hopefully we won't need to wait that long. Or maybe they will announce an upgraded version at CES for release at the end of 2022, right in time for RDNA 3/rtx4000.

Mini LED at that size now leaves zero excuse for monitors to still be using trash edge lit panels for the same price.

View attachment 391439

Rtings is wrong for once. Just checked over at AVS Forum and the 50" is 120Hz so there may yet be hope. Kinda make sense since why even have a HDMI 2.1 port if you don't support 120.

Rtings is wrong for once. Just checked over at AVS Forum and the 50" is 120Hz so there may yet be hope. Kinda make sense since why even have a HDMI 2.1 port if you don't support 120.

I'm assuming that also means it has Freesync as well since it has 120Hz?

Reactions: Wiz33
like this
"A Samsung spokesperson told The Verge that the 43-inch Neo should be available in a few days"

"The new models will be available through major retailers as well as the Samsung website starting this week."

"A Samsung spokesperson told The Verge that the 43-inch Neo should be available in a few days"

"The new models will be available through major retailers as well as the Samsung website starting this week."

I already have the Samsung page opened on a Tab but I'll probably wait till it hits one of the Major online retailer or BB.

Last edited:
I've been using the Samsung Q60 43" for about 2 years. It's pretty good, but definitely lacks the features of bigger TVs. I'm looking forward to LG's 43" OLED, but it's nice to know the Q90A will be available in 43", too. Of course, 120hz is a must in whichever I choose for my next display.

I've been using the Samsung Q60 43" for about 2 years. It's pretty good, but definitely lacks the features of bigger TVs. I'm looking forward to LG's 43" OLED, but it's nice to know the Q90A will be available in 43", too. Of course, 120hz is a must in whichever I choose for my next display.

Might want to read my recent post here. Found out why the 42" OLED have been delayed and delayed and may not even happens at all.

https://hardforum.com/threads/gigab...-hdr1000-qled-monitor.2009247/post-1045127129

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/products/samsung-qn43qn90a-43-neo-qled-4k-smart-tv-qn43qn90aafxza

According to this product page, the 43 inch QN90A does have Freesync Premium Pro which I believe isn't possible unless the TV has a 120Hz refresh rate so I think it's safe to say it's got all the bells and whistles as it's bigger brothers. Really tempted to get one to replace my Acer X27 as my go to high brightness HDR gaming screen, but are there any noteworthy improvements that we can expect on 2022's model?

https://www.worldwidestereo.com/products/samsung-qn43qn90a-43-neo-qled-4k-smart-tv-qn43qn90aafxza

According to this product page, the 43 inch QN90A does have Freesync Premium Pro which I believe isn't possible unless the TV has a 120Hz refresh rate so I think it's safe to say it's got all the bells and whistles as it's bigger brothers. Really tempted to get one to replace my Acer X27 as my go to high brightness HDR gaming screen, but are there any noteworthy improvements that we can expect on 2022's model?
Man, that price... $1298 :eek:

It's the same as the 48" LG C1

Yeah but it will never hit that on anything but a test slide since Samsung firmware now detects them and blasts the screen for your measurement tools.

I will buy this thing if it's 120hz. It's biggest issue will be response time because the entire model lineup is a slow smeary/overshoot mess.

Yeah but it will never hit that on anything but a test slide since Samsung firmware now detects them and blasts the screen for your measurement tools.

I will buy this thing if it's 120hz. It's biggest issue will be response time because the entire model lineup is a slow smeary/overshoot mess.

But is it any worst than the PG32UQX? lol

Screenshot_20210903-171121_Samsung Internet.jpg

But is it any worst than the PG32UQX? lol
I think it's comparable in average response time but there is some visible overshoot that I saw on the 50" model. Also this is in reference to VRR active, RTings test is best case scenario with it off.

It will be a DSE mess though.

Edit: Forgot FALD is gimped in game mode which completely defeats the purpose. Might have to reevaluate buying it.

Last edited:
Encouraging news regarding refresh rate. Pre-order just went up on Samsung Germany and someone posted this. Is the 100Hz the result that they run at 50Hz on default?:

QN43QN90A.png

If this "fixes" the pixel issue of the FV43U... I might swap that out for one of these.

Nice, Best Buy says 120hz in the product page, could be incorrect however.

I should go back and reread/rewatch all the q90a vs c1 comparisons, now that I'm considering buying one. I remember the consensus being "each are good, however the q90a is better for brighter rooms, as it's brighter then c1 oled".

This thing comes with 4 hdmi ports but only one of them is 2.1 Is there decent switch yet?

Yeah there are a few working HDMI 2.1 switches that pass 4K/120hz/HDR/VRR fine on Amazon. It's one of the main reasons I'm even considering this thing as a temporary hold over until 42" OLED comes along next summer. Only issue is your picture settings for the single HDMI 2.1 port will have to work for multiple sources connected to the switch. In my case PC + PS5 which kind of sucks. I believe the European models have 4 HDMI 2.1 ports, not sure why we're gimped here in America.

EDIT: Also want to point out that even the 43" states "Quantum HDR 32x" like the 55" so this thing will actually be able to hit 1500-1800nits. Hopefully it's not a typo.

Last edited:
It's 960hz with VRR enabled according to RTings so not terrible. The bigger issue is that it will probably be BGR like the Gigabyte.

60 Hz with no VRR for a TV that is a great size for PC gamers. Not to mention minimizing the usefulness for tens of millions of next-gen console gamers. Apparently they are only targeting the limited bedroom TV customers? Samsung must be dolts.

Wow what a massive dissapointment and wasted opportunity on Samsungs part. How on earth is this thing priced $150 less than the much more capable 50".

Back