The Samsung Galaxy S III is officially the worlds most powerful smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads just show how immature fanboys of both sides are. Some people just have difficulty understanding that not everyone likes the simplicity of iOS or the customizability of Android. Grow up, seriously. If you need to prove to others your phone is better you are obviously insecure.

Sorry, that doesn't refute the benchmarks by Geekbench themselves. I also made no claims about speed.

These threads just show how immature fanboys of both sides are. Some people just have difficulty understanding that not everyone likes the simplicity of iOS or the customizability of Android. Grow up, seriously. If you need to prove to others your phone is better you are obviously insecure.

Nothing to do with how I feel. I don't have a GS3 and don't plan to get one. I simply dislike misinformation.

Hey I just want a phone that works. That is why I got one that I can tether, read, go online, toy around with it, pay only $30/month for service and not sell my leg to buy it either.... god I love my Galaxy Exhibit.;)

OP, I get that you're trying to troll the iDerp fanboy that made the other thread. But this doesn't make you look any better.

Both phones are great in their own respects. But they both obviously cater to different people. You're never going to change each others mind about which phone is better. It's literally just like arguing religion in these types of forums.

There is no space for logic and reasoning in the Mobile Phones subforum T4rd

Lol..

7nTnr.png

Well, I may be purchasing a GSIII as a stop gap phone as I am able to get it very cheap here in Canada. I know in the past I said I would not, but at the price I'm getting it I can't say no. Also, the apparent scratches and dents found in the new iPhone means I'd be pissed if I saw that for such an expensive phone despite great internal hardware.

Well, I may be purchasing a GSIII as a stop gap phone as I am able to get it very cheap here in Canada. I know in the past I said I would not, but at the price I'm getting it I can't say no. Also, the apparent scratches and dents found in the new iPhone means I'd be pissed if I saw that for such an expensive phone despite great internal hardware.

You won't be disappointed. I always have Facebook and some other apps/widgets running and haven't noticed any slow downs. Also, not sure what people are talking about when they say shitty whites or colors in general, this thing is very bright and nice looking. All the colors look fine to me.

Also, someone please just close this thread. Obvious troll/flame attempt, just like the other thread but that has some decent posts in it compared to this one which is junk.

from the op

iPhone 5
Apple A6 1000 MHz (2 cores) 1576

Samsung Galaxy S III (North America)
Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8960 1500 MHz (2 cores) 1423

Samsung Galaxy S III (T-Mobile)
Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8960 1500 MHz (2 cores) 1400

Samsung Galaxy S III (Sprint)
Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8960 1500 MHz (2 cores) 1392

Samsung Galaxy S III (Verizon)
Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 MSM8960 1500 MHz (2 cores) 1370

i live in america, lucky op lives in korea :(

Here you go OP:

iPhone5 Most powerful smartphone in the land, on more than one bench:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

Even the 4S crushes the GS3 in some of these tests. GPU renders the entire interface, which is what you interact with, and Apple is untouchable in this dept.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview

Even the screen beats the GS3

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/24/iphone_5_outperforms_samsungs_galaxy_s_iii_in_display_test

Someone got an umbrella for the OP? Cause its raining cold hard facts up in here.

*yawn* still using 2+ year old HD2 and it's still kicking but I do plan on getting the S3 when they get cleared out at the T-mobile.

Here you go OP:

iPhone5 Most powerful smartphone in the land, on more than one bench:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

Even the 4S crushes the GS3 in some of these tests. GPU renders the entire interface, which is what you interact with, and Apple is untouchable in this dept.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview

Even the screen beats the GS3

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/24/iphone_5_outperforms_samsungs_galaxy_s_iii_in_display_test

Someone got an umbrella for the OP? Cause its raining cold hard facts up in here.
Its geekafest! :rolleyes:
I love applezombies! :p

The SIII is no longer the fastest phone. The new HTC One X+ and SGNote 2 is faster then the S3. Just fyi.

These threads just show how immature fanboys of both sides are. Some people just have difficulty understanding that not everyone likes the simplicity of iOS or the customizability of Android.

But can anybody say to like the draconian closeness of Apple? I mean, it seems strange to say, but what drove me away from Apple is things like iTunes being mandatory (while it wasn't for my iPod classic), or the simple inability to access the internal memory like a drive (seriously). Or even the lack of a microSD slot. I mean, what's the point of making the "most powerful smartphone in the world" if it cannot do basic computing tasks such as these?

Those are things that are rarely taken into considerations when those systems are paired against one another.

But can anybody say to like the draconian closeness of Apple? I mean, it seems strange to say, but what drove me away from Apple is things like iTunes being mandatory (while it wasn't for my iPod classic), or the simple inability to access the internal memory like a drive (seriously). Or even the lack of a microSD slot. I mean, what's the point of making the "most powerful smartphone in the world" if it cannot do basic computing tasks such as these?

Those are things that are rarely taken into considerations when those systems are paired against one another.

Re-read what I wrote again.

Some people prefer the simplicity of iOS, others like you and, to a certain degree, I prefer customization. It's basically, everyone is different from each other and likes different things. It's a concept that not many realize, be it Apple or Android fanboys.

Whenever the samsung nexus 2012 with the OMAP 5 cortex a15 comes out it will rock the world of benchmarks. Can't wait. I prefer nexus phones anyway, love my galaxy nexus and nexus 7.

this thread is so full of troll/fail its hilarious, along with the title and the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back