The Saboteur

Kainzo

Gawd
I bought this game in late Dec. 09. I played a few minutes of it and thought to myself that it was almost exactly like Godfather or GTA series. After beginning to play it again, I'm pretty compelled to continue playing it. If you haven't heard of it, it's definitely worth checking out.

The language is harsh and there is semi nudity.

The premise is WW2 era Irishman helps fight the Nazis by any means necessary. You spend most of your time cruising streets killing Nazis and blowing up their posts. An enjoyment for all members of the family!

I randomly came across this game on steam and haven't heard much buzz about it.

It's good and cheap these days. If you like GTA style games you'll easily like this.

It was overhyped and didnt deliver anything new

I didn't think it was overhyped, and though there is nothing terribly "new" it is a great game if you like GTA-style games. I got it for $15 on D2D and it's well worth that IMO. It's pretty cool how liberated areas turn from black & white into color, and the fact that you get to kill Nazis is worth the price of admission.

I played Saboteur and Red Faction Guerilla back to backa few months ago. Both open world, blow up everything games. Saboteur was WAAaaay better than RF:G. The plot and characters were very, very good and well developed. The music was spectacular, and blowing up all the Nazi sites is addicting. Nothing can beat remote mining a dozen cows and then blowing up a full field to gibs.

It's probably the best storyline of any open world game I've played outside of the GTA series.

I got them both, loved them both. saboteur is not up on steam though. sabotaging the areas in advance makes the missions a lot easier. there is a pretty good weapon progression, especially the terror weapons...

I'll probably pick up the game soon. Didn't the company went bankrupt because it didn't sell well? That's sucks :(

I'll probably pick up the game soon. Didn't the company went bankrupt because it didn't sell well? That's sucks :(

No, from what I've heard Pandemic was on its way out anyway when the game was released.

This game really is an underrated and overlooked gem IMO. It brings some elements from GTA, Assassin's Creed, and two or three other games and pulls it off quite well. I wouldn't have felt bad paying $50 for it quite frankly to say nothing about how cheap it is now.

It's a no brainer if you're a fan of these kinds of games at all.

I liked this game. I finished everything. I found all the secret cars/tanks and killed all the nazi posts. One fo the few games I have even tried to finish to completion.

I think the game had a lot of potential, but its missing some polish. Its not surprising since the devs knew they were out of a job. The driving mechanics were really bad in this game.

One of the few games I finished last year.

I loved every moment of it; it lacked some polish, but made up for it with its great story line.

It is an excellent game. I enjoyed it far more than the over-hyped garbage that was GTA IV.

This thread has me seriously considering a replay. I like it that much.

hrm, I picked it up for $20 on d2d. ($29 now) Now looks like amazon has it for $9. well worth the money. very stylish game. I like the way the vehicles and the unlocks work. far superior to the "pay" system in just cause.

Gamestop has it in store for 9.99.... Yeah I know they are the devil but still cheap.... :)

If you can find a Toys R Us, until tomorrow this game (normally 18.98) is 30% off, and if you ask for one of the Halo: Reach collectible cards, it has a $10 coupon good through 8/21 that will drop the price to under $3.50. 360 version FYI.

Apparently the PS3 version is the only one with AA though. That's the one I played, even though I'm sure the PC version looks better regardless.

Game doesnt work on ATI i called ATI and the maker of the game theres a known still in beta patch i updated drivers re installed windows you name it i did it game never worked got my money back though with no problem either.

After reading this thread, I'm going to pick the game up. First sale at D2D or Steam gets my dollars.

Game doesnt work on ATI i called ATI and the maker of the game theres a known still in beta patch i updated drivers re installed windows you name it i did it game never worked got my money back though with no problem either.

This is why I won't be picking it up off of Impulse for $30 right now. Stupid problem like that cost them a sale.

Why not download the beta patch? It fixes the ATI problem... :rolleyes:

I've played this game for hours on a 5870 with no issues, with the beta hotfix installed.

This is why I won't be picking it up off of Impulse for $30 right now. Stupid problem like that cost them a sale.

As I said above, it works on ATI with the patch, and I don't know why you'd consider buying it off impulse for $30 when it's $8 at Amazon.

As I said above, it works on ATI with the patch, and I don't know why you'd consider buying it off impulse for $30 when it's $8 at Amazon.

I posted before you and didn't know about the hotfix. I'm deploying in about a weeks time frame and don't have time to wait for amazon and it would end up costing the same paying for faster shipping.

I almost exclusively buy all my games digitally nowadays for the simple reason of being able to just download them once and have them auto-patched. I just re-bought borderlands this week off Steam for this reason plus having the DLC. I just got a new laptop (Asus G73JH) for this trip of mine and being able to copy over a 265GB Steam directory and download a few Impulse games is far better than spending a week's worth of my free time installing every game I have. I also like not having to mess with disks all the time as well. 60+ Steam Games and 2 Impulse ones vs 5 disk game installs on this laptop. That is not a very hard decision at all.

Thanks for the hotfix tip though. I have a 5850 in Eyefinity on my PC and a 5870 mobile on the laptop. I hope it works.

I kinda hear you on the disc vs digital copy thing, usually I'm willing to pay a small premium just to have a copy on Steam vs. a hard copy. I hope you enjoy the game, just google "Saboteur ATI Hotfix" to find the patch, it's about 15mb.

I just picked this up less than a week ago at the local gamestop... It was $9.99 and tax. There is an ATI patch(available from EA on the main EA support servers) which makes most of the game work(there are still some graphical anomolies and some parts of the burlesque dancer shows in the basement of the Belle dont work still). All in all it was a damn amazing game for ten bucks. Never crashed outside the mentioned burlesque dancers problem(really didnt crash there either but one of the videos never would load so it locked the game up).

As mentioned the driving is kinda lame but passable(after all this isnt a driving game really IMHO). There is a fairly varied assortment of weapons(pistols,rifles,sniper guns,smgs,shotguns,rocket launchers,and various timed or remote bombs). Combat works very well for this game. I personally LOVE the stealth kill system especially once you get the finger of death skill ( have to stealth kill 5 generals and since they have body guards and they can very quickly see through any disguise its pretty hard to do). Finger of death allows you to basically kidney stab a guard and walk off while he takes several more seconds to die/fall down allowing you to stealth kill while disguised and avoid other people getting suspicious.

Back