The S939 is about done for me.

flynlr

2[H]4U
In an attempt to avoid nuking and reloading Xp on my old ass Asus A8V with an opti 165 2gb ram with a x800 GPU system .I decided to keep that PC running and build another.

so I picked up an Asus m2N-SLI deluxe board a [email protected] 65nm cpu
4gb of corsair 800ddr2 ram, a diamond 3870 wtf is rubyred version Vid card,
the above to go into an older antec case with a new 650 rosewell PS and a seagate 7200.11 500gb drive i had laying around.
I will put xp sp3 on this new build. you think I may gain a few FPS in BF2 and FSX which are the only games I use?

another thought is after a few months is dump the 5600 in the wifes dell am2 system and get me a phenom quad.

im gunnin it out for another generation. my opty165 system is underpowered for my g92 8800gts but its still fast enough for all the games i play. im hoping to go till the 2010 tax season before i buy a whole new pc and turn this one into a killer htpc.

Nah, my 3000+ Winchester is still going strong, would prefer it to be dual core, but it isnt worth the scratch to upgrade. Since it can saturate a 1GB connection, I don't foresee the need to upgrade from 939 for a few years to come. Then again, this is a fileserver.

Back