The rumored RTX 4090Ti/TITAN

erek

[H]F Junkie
Specs seem insane tbh, not a small bump

"According to the latest rumors, the TITAN ADA graphics card could feature as many as 18176 CUDA cores and possibly even 48GB of memory. In fact, this could be NVIDIA’s first card to launch with 24 Gbps GDDR6X modules.

The 800W TDP that is being mentioned is the maximum board power, which is not comparable to RTX 4090’s 450W TDP, but rather its max power limit of 600W.

Thus far there is no indication that this GPU might be released soon. However, with so many photographs now leaked, there is no doubt that the quad-slot RTX 40 design was planned for a long time."

DIA-TITAN-RTX-4090TI-HERO-1-e1674922897783-768x394.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidias...ti-titan-800w-graphics-card-has-been-pictured

'NVIDIA’s flagship RTX 40 “Ada” GPU with have a vertical PCB design"

that's interesting....

I am sorry but air cooled? You have got to be f**king kidding me. That cinder block shouldn't exist. Slap on an AIO as a default cooler and give them an optional water option and tell anyone it's one or the other if you want this card. If you can't fit an AIO in your case then you probably can't fit that monstrosity in it either.

Would be interesting. The 80s used to be top of the line, then came the Titan which seemingly got replaced by the 90. Now we're getting a 90ti or Titan that is faster than the regular old 90?

I guess the 80 is the new 70, upper mid range.

If my napkin math is correct, given the extra slot and the other dimensions from the 4090, this card should have about the same volume as the last SFF PC I built for my shop.
And the PCB of the actual GPU is absolutely tiny in comparison

Pretty soon the home PC will require three phase power supplies.
A 800W TDP GPU means the PC's peak TDP is probably going to be 1.2 kW or something close to that. I mean, that is like 10A on a 120V circuit: that's got to be coming close to tripping a breaker in most households.

I hate everything about this. I'd rather have rumors about a single slot card that runs as fast a 1080ti.
I am excited for the people who can afford it (not me), but I know what you're saying here. I would be a lot more excited about this rumour if we also had rumours of a 3650 that was comparable to an RTX 3060 and that had ~100W TDP and a 6 pin connector as this would move the PC gaming community ahead in unison. I mean, we still have the bulk of Steam gamers today buying 1060's and 1650's for their new rigs and these GPU's are probably going to like 1/10th as fast as the RTX 4090TI is going to be. What we have here is a break-away civilization of enthusiasts being offered increasingly exclusive GPU's that have out of this world cost and power requirements, meanwhile the rest of the gaming population has basically been at a standstill as far as GPU progression is concerned for the last 6 years. This is not healthy for PC gaming and folks buying an RTX 4090 TI are not going to see much content that will actually justify their purchase unless midrange and entry-level gamers are also brought along for the same ride (even if they're sitting in the back seats, figuratively speaking).

I think the underlying problem is that we are no longer seeing the types of returns on power reductions that a lower process brings compared the old days. The reality is that the RTX 3050 isn't that much faster than a GTX 1660 but it uses more power. Honestly, if NVidia was to release a Lovelace 100W TDP GPU would it really be that much faster than the GTX 1650 Super is today? Maybe that is why they haven't released one. If that's the case then all we are doing here is cranking up the performance in a 1:1 ratio with power consumption and I don't see this really as being a sustainable model. NVidia really needs to figure out a new way to push GPU capabilities forward without increasing power requirements the way the Intel has done with their 12th and 13th gen CPU's.

The 800W TDP that is being mentioned is the maximum board power, which is not comparable to RTX 4090’s 450W TDP, but rather its max power limit of 600W.

This is the one Kyle and Moore's Law talked about that they knew was tested before the 4090 release

Probably a 3 grand card, minimum. (assuming it ever comes out)

Its getting to the point to where the GPU will have its own mini case and power supply and will have a big cable running into the case and plugging into both PCIE slots for max e-peen.

Nuts. Not sure about you guys, but I think I'm officially out of the enthusiast GPU game if this continues to be the trajectory (and it will).
Heck no, I'M ALL IN! 🤠

Jk I'm going to skip the 4090Ti and also skip the 5090 for sure. I was supposed to skip the 4090 but because I was still not able to max out all my games at 4k144 I dove in again. But that's it for the next number of years for sure. Gaming isn't my first priority I enjoy it yeah but not fanatical enough to buy every single new GPU. I'll see what's up in 5 years lol.

Its getting to the point to where the GPU will have its own mini case and power supply and will have a big cable running into the case and plugging into both PCIE slots for max e-peen.
I could have sworn I saw a leak of the 5090 being a self contained case with a power supply kind of like the extra GPUs you can add to a laptop. Could have been a fluke though lol

I would say that anything 70 series and above is still enthusiast. You don't need to buy a 4090ti to be so.

We'll have to see how the 70 stacks up but seems like it won't be coming for a long time. That tells us something. Usually the 80s come, then the 70s. Then the 90, and then the 60s and Tis.

70 seems to be pushed back for a few months which makes it feel more like a lower end card. Lower end card with the enthusiast pricing of course.

"NVIDIA’s first card to launch with 24 Gbps GDDR6X modules"

The 4080 already comes with those...

Stacking the video outputs like that is such a damn waste for anyone who wants to waterblock one of these cards so that it only takes up a single slot, because some of us put things other than GPUs in our PCs and need those slots available.

This is frankly getting kind of ridiculous, to the point that we'll start ending up with systems the size of old SGI Challenge or Onyx desksides (and probably with similar power requirements, too) just to hold the GPU.

How big are those old deskside cubes, you ask? Let's just say the cases often get used for mini-fridge conversions.

Stacking the video outputs like that is such a damn waste for anyone who wants to waterblock one of these cards so that it only takes up a single slot,
If the card is vertical inside of that, they are in their "regular" place no ?

Last edited:
Stacking the video outputs like that is such a damn waste for anyone who wants to waterblock one of these cards so that it only takes up a single slot, because some of us put things other than GPUs in our PCs and need those slots available.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is at least partially done as a way to keep the card from competing with the These Totally Aren't Quadro Cards Quadro cards. It'll be difficult to squeeze two of these into a box by nature of forcing that to be an 8 slot solution. The 2-GPU rigs that I've been building for artists won't be able to handle those cards. Once the case is up to 9 slots (if running AMD, you need 8 + 1 due to the offset on Slot 1), we're talking a totally different scale of chassis.

Tell me why the 4090 cooler coudln't cool this given how it keeps 4090 cool and it shouldn't be that hard to cool 4090 ti given its not even that big a chip compared to 4090 lmao.

Back